UPDATE: QB Malik Zaire officially a Gator

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I didn't know that but why wouldn't they considering these are SEC schools where football rules.

No idea but the general feeling elsewhere is that it probably won't be changed(at least this year). They could be wrong of course.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
We dont need him.

Perhaps we don't need him, but since we have room would his presence have a positive effect is the proper question to ask. With LDR not a sure thing to be even able to play would we not like another option?

Now if you don't trust our HBC then who cares what happens, we are not going to improve. Otherwise go with what he deems correct is my opinion.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I wont cry if we get him but I think we need to go with the guys we already have.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The chatter on TOS is that the rule probably won't be repealed this year. Feel free to peruse them. I won't link either site if I don't have to.

There are many TOS.....and your original post said nothing about chatter

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
If it we're Bama needing a QB they would change this BS rule but since it's us I fully expect them to keep it intact.

Well first off I doubt Bama would ever need the rule to change since they just give their players the grades they need anyways.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Why do you perpetuate shiit without links?

Dude...seriously? There are other sites with well informed posters. I asked to see if anybody heard anything on here. Feel free to investigate yourself. If not, I can't help ya.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
https://n.rivals.com/news/predicting-where-five-top-grad-transfers-will-land

Where he will land: Florida. Zaire seemed bound for North Carolina, but his spot actually went to another graduate transfer, former LSU quarterback Brandon Harris. With limited scholarship quarterbacks on the roster, Zaire could be a perfect fit in Gainesville until some of the school’s younger options are ready to play.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
https://n.rivals.com/news/predicting-where-five-top-grad-transfers-will-land

Where he will land: Florida. Zaire seemed bound for North Carolina, but his spot actually went to another graduate transfer, former LSU quarterback Brandon Harris. With limited scholarship quarterbacks on the roster, Zaire could be a perfect fit in Gainesville until some of the school’s younger options are ready to play.
I wouldn't have a problem with it...but I still doubt they actually change the rule.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I wouldn't have a problem with it...but I still doubt they actually change the rule.

I think if Mac really wants it changed they will do it unless a bunch of other SEC coaches are against it. The commissioner already said it does seem to put the SEC at a disadvantage to other conferences. I wonder if Zaire will wait that long however to see if they do. You would think Mac would be able to tell him beforehand if its going to change however. I don't buy that Dooley mess that he knows it isn't going to change. I think he is just doing his 50% guess crap he loves to do and hasn't heard anything one way or another. Didn't we just take a grad transfer in basketball or something like that? Maybe the school in only penalized by the sport however.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think if Mac really wants it changed they will do it unless a bunch of other SEC coaches are against it. The commissioner already said it does seem to put the SEC at a disadvantage to other conferences. I wonder if Zaire will wait that long however to see if they do. You would think Mac would be able to tell him beforehand if its going to change however. I don't buy that Dooley mess that he knows it isn't going to change. I think he is just doing his 50% guess crap he loves to do and hasn't heard anything one way or another. Didn't we just take a grad transfer in basketball or something like that? Maybe the school in only penalized by the sport however.

It's by sport (at least in my understanding).

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator