In the short term is a win over FSU more important than the SECCG if we were to lose another game?

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInGeorgia;n309698 said:
Look, if the question assumes that we are going to lose one more game regardless and we get to choose which game that would be, my opinion is I would rather beat FSU because one more loss knocks us out of the playoffs regardless so I would rather be knocked out by somebody other than the Noles so at least we have bragging rights over them for the next 12 months, not to mention hopefully an edge in recruiting.

That is on long sentence, bro, but a good one. :lol:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
stephenPE;n309731 said:
I think it would help but sadly there is this segment of HS players that are drawn like moths to a flame with the nole sh#t and those colors and noise. The large gal population next door at FAMU I hear is also a natural draw.......

We'll never get them all, I understand that. I just want to puke though everytime I watch them on TV and see ALMOST every 5 star FLORIDA H.S recruit over the last 4 or 5 years wearing their god forsaken uniform......This all started in 2010 when we were trying to rebuild/reload the same way they are now. They won a division title that year, beat us, beat an SEC East team(USCe) in a bowl game and killed us down the stretch in recruiting......You want to talk about setting things right again? It starts with this game more so than any other in a long time....

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
CU-UF;n309710 said:
I don't think it matters, the story at UF has been set due to the success of this year and the general vibe coming from the program. All things are looking up. After that, it is going to come down to playing time. So regardless if we lose to FSU or not, recruits are going make decisions based upon that versus the head to head match up. Keep filling the swamp and being loud, it will all work out.

Great to see you around and posting, cuuf.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
I'd say beat FSU and then turn around and beat Alabama in Atlanta. That should settle it. But if you had to pick one and lose the other I would say beat FSU because losing to FSU would be a helluva lot more embarrassing than losing to Alabama. I'm getting sick and tired of losing to FSU and having to live in the same state with those retarded clowns for a whole year.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
NVGator;n309751 said:
That is on long sentence, bro, but a good one. :lol:

Yeah, I noticed the run-on after I posted but was too lazy to correct it. Good thing my English teacher isn't around to grade me! :)

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
If you want to get logical then you can make arguments either way.

However it's not logical, it's football and I want to beat F$U more than I want anything.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
L-boy;n309740 said:
I'm not sure how I would answer that question. My reaction is SEC championship is more important. Spurrier was all about championships. It is hard for me to imagine a scenario where we lose to FSU and then beat Bama. Maybe if Bama lost and LSU went to championship game.

I really don't buy that the the UF/FSU game determines the next 5 years of recruiting.

Were you around in 2010?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
LongTooth;n309746 said:
we put up SEC championship games and victories, then the recruiting will shift in our favor.
If we win the state recruiting war we will win more than SEC Titles....The reason Meyer won 2 in half the time SOS won 1 boils down to him kicking FSU's ass EVERY year until his last versus SOS's losing record to the Noles. The Noles played for 5 NC's during SOS's tenure....

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Concrete Helmet;n309753 said:
We'll never get them all, I understand that. I just want to puke though everytime I watch them on TV and see ALMOST every 5 star FLORIDA H.S recruit over the last 4 or 5 years wearing their god forsaken uniform......This all started in 2010 when we were trying to rebuild/reload the same way they are now. They won a division title that year, beat us, beat an SEC East team(USCe) in a bowl game and killed us down the stretch in recruiting......You want to talk about setting things right again? It starts with this game more so than any other in a long time....

Concrete, there is no doubt they've been on a run and you make valid points above but the truth is they were still getting very good players during Bowden's last several years at the helm and they still underperformed. Here's the good news. While they have landed very good recruits over the past several years and had a decent run including winning the NC, they did so against us while we were coached by arguably the worst head coach in the history of college football and while Miami was also in the tank. One would have figured that they should have won more than one NC over the past few years with all the talent they land. The other good news is that they are still coached by Jimbo. I'm not convinced that he is worth a sh!t as a head coach. Look at the game yesterday and several other games over the past few years where they have either lost or had very close calls. They seem to find a way to underachieve despite all the success they have had in landing the 5 star guys. I think a lot of it is A) their coaching staff and B) playing in a weak conference which hurts them when it comes time to play a decent team. I believe results like the 2012 game where we just outpowered them in the second half will become the norm under Mac. I believe they will be relagated to being, a 10-2/9-3 type team, at best, once we get it together and as other teams in the ACC improve their level of play. A team that has had the success they have had on the recruiting trail in theory shouldn't have the holes they have in their roster, holes which have been exposed this season. However, it happens, kind of like it happened to us at the end of Urban's tenure. I believe having a top notch game day coach will overcome recruiting issues and I'll take Mac over Jimbo 6 days a week and twice on Saturdays.

And yes, I still want to kick the snot out of them this year if I had to choose.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
lagator;n309747 said:
Winning a regular season game in a game with a much smaller audience with mostly regional interest, and not for a championship?
It's the state championship.

Lagator is Los Angeles, right? Did you go to UF or live in Florida?

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'd be freaking ecstatic to win either game to be honest with you.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
1) Beat F$U
2) Win NC
3) Win SECCG

Granted #2 is a little harder without #3 than without #1 but, the whole reason for the season is to beat F$U. Maybe that's an alumni thing.

ReelGatorDoc

Sep 9, 2014
In the short run, we need to not only beat USCe, but need to look more efficient in doing it. The next game

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The "state" championship is mythical and void of all participants playing each other, hence, no championship really at all. The SECCG is for a Championship, beat the West representative, and enjoy the confetti and prime time lights. In terms of recruiting, I think less about who you beat and more about who you have recruiting. With the new staff we have, I think that edge shifts our way and will only be in jeopardy if sub-8 win seasons are the norm. IMHO

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
Concrete Helmet;n309768 said:
Were you around in 2010?

Yes, I was around. I am greater than 5 years old.

In Dec 9 2010 Urban Meyer resigned. You don't think that had an impact on recruiting?

The notion that our 8-5 Gators loss to 10-4 Noles caused 5 years of inferiority is laughable.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
GatorStud;n309809 said:
The "state" championship is mythical and void of all participants playing each other, hence, no championship really at all.
You sound like a Cocaine or a Golden Shower Knight.

Only the big dogs need to play to establish the championship and it sure as hell does matter in to people in Florida... and to recruits.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Law98gator;n309786 said:
It's the state championship.

Lagator is Los Angeles, right? Did you go to UF or live in Florida?
I would wager I have more and higher degrees from UF than you. I knew this would turn into a circle jerk. The fact remains it's a stupid premise since one can't go into and control the future and pick to win one game and not the other. But the fact also remains that winning the SEC Championship (Trophy), beating Saban (who broke our program by way of the angina vagina) and playing in a better bowl game than the Citrus would bring more money, prestige, and yes recruiting nationally than beating a second rate ACC runner up.

No sh#t, we all want to beat the crap out of FSU and I expect us to, and I'm a lot less confident in a Bama matchup and still hoping they slip up on the road somehow. But what a joke that you would actually go to the "what level Gator are you?". Come on bro, I would expect more from you, but if you want to play then I'm holding 4 aces.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Zambo;n309792 said:
I'd be freaking ecstatic to win either game to be honest with you.
gotta go with Zam on this. Beating either one will complete this year. Either one will be HUGE. Bama probably the better one to beat.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
L-boy;n309837 said:
Yes, I was around. I am greater than 5 years old.

In Dec 9 2010 Urban Meyer resigned. You don't think that had an impact on recruiting?

The notion that our 8-5 Gators loss to 10-4 Noles caused 5 years of inferiority is laughable.

I think the fact we lost 5 games(and looked like dogsh!t) while they won 10, a title, beat their biggest rival after 6 years of humiliation, and beat up on another SEC team in their bowl game, in their new coaches first year, did more than Urban's retirement. Even the kids knew he had already checked out.
Do you see any similarities between them in 2010 and us this year, you know the part about winning 10 games, a East title, 6 years of humiliation for the most part at the hand of a rival, first year new coach???
Oh, and for all the SEC homers.......news flash, the SEC hasn't won the NC in almost 3 years. It may very well still be the best conference but the East is mostly average to poor teams with one hopeful newcomer that just needs a couple more in state 5 stars to put them over the top.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
lagator;n309881 said:
I would wager I have more and higher degrees from UF than you. I knew this would turn into a circle jerk.
Maybe, I only have one. You didn't really answer the question. La= Los Angeles? Louisiana? Lower Alabama? Left of Akron?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator