Interceptions

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You still havent found a guy who didnt play in HS?

Keep searching. Out of all the millions in history, maybe you will find one.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
You still havent found a guy who didnt play in HS?

Keep searching. Out of all the millions in history, maybe you will find one.

Pinero?

Trask!

Jason Peirre-Paul

Clay Matthews (rode the bench all through high school beause he was tiny and his dad wouldn't let him on the field)

Antonio Gates

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
whotF cares if he played in HS. HE can OBVIOUSLY play in our offense. Ask UT if he can play.
I remember when my aunt and grandmother got drunk and had arguments like this.......

GatorTom85

Mar 22, 2016
whotF cares if he played in HS. HE can OBVIOUSLY play in our offense. Ask UT if he can play.
I remember when my aunt and grandmother got drunk and had arguments like this.......

No point using logic with Douchekey. Something about the overwhelming smell of vinegar and water seems to act as a logic repellent in what passes for his brain.

Treebeard

Oops, just stepped on a Lorax.
Lifetime Member
Dec 23, 2015
Alternate Theory - Maybe it isn't the Trask name but the Kyle name that is the problem?

I am not one who can pull up football history off the top of my head, but there are some things that stick in my mind.
Remember quarterback Kyle Morris? 12 to 20 touchdown to interception ratio career - 1988-1990.

Even I would be yelling at the TV "Kyle - NOOO!" before the ball even left his hand.

Subliminally, Donkey sees the first name and has flashbacks - if he is old enough...:whistle::dance::stirpot:

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Alternate Theory - Maybe it isn't the Trask name but the Kyle name that is the problem?

I am not one who can pull up football history off the top of my head, but there are some things that stick in my mind.
Remember quarterback Kyle Morris? 12 to 20 touchdown to interception ratio career - 1988-1990.

Even I would be yelling at the TV "Kyle - NOOO!" before the ball even left his hand.

Subliminally, Donkey sees the first name and has flashbacks - if he is old enough...:whistle::dance::stirpot:

No

Lurker

Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
The New England Patriots drafted Matt Cassel in the 7th round after he spent 4 seasons backing up Carson Palmer and Matt Leinart. Cassel never started a game at qb and attempted just 33 passes in college. That being said, he was a fairly highly rated qb out of high school and had the physical measurables that prompted the Patriots to take a flier on him. That's the best college to pro comparison I can think of.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The New England Patriots drafted Matt Cassel
So, he hadn't started or played regularly since middle school? And hadn't started a game since jv 9th grade?

Lurker

Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
So, he hadn't started or played regularly since middle school? And hadn't started a game since jv 9th grade?

Not a fair comparison, I know. Same with Eric Swann, who the Cardinals drafted with the #6 overall pick in the 1991 draft. I don't think he even played college ball and was playing semi-pro ball somewhere when he got noticed. But, yes, at least he played in high school.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Not a fair comparison, I know. Same with Eric Swann, who the Cardinals drafted with the #6 overall pick in the 1991 draft. I don't think he even played college ball and was playing semi-pro ball somewhere when he got noticed. But, yes, at least he played in high school.
I mean, seriously, do you really think a kid is ready for college after middle school.

Look he has been impressive so far for a kid who played the equivalent of two games in high school, and about half a quarter in college before Tinerc, but what he has done is basically Water Boy type fiction so far even if he gets hurt next game and never plays again.

Please don't act like lazy fvkk Butter fingers saw something. He was just flat out fvkking lazy and this was the easiest pick off the reject aisle (along with the various south Florida trash he signed who were injured or kicked off their teams for their senior seasons).

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think anyone is justifying recruiting him, but that was years ago. It has nothing to do with this season.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I mean, seriously, do you really think a kid is ready for college after middle school.

Look he has been impressive so far for a kid who played the equivalent of two games in high school, and about half a quarter in college before Tinerc, but what he has done is basically Water Boy type fiction so far even if he gets hurt next game and never plays again.

Please don't act like lazy fvkk Butter fingers saw something. He was just flat out fvkking lazy and this was the easiest pick off the reject aisle (along with the various south Florida trash he signed who were injured or kicked off their teams for their senior seasons).
I don't think a single person disagrees with this. I really don't. But what does that have to do with you hating Trask personally?

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
The New England Patriots drafted Matt Cassel in the 7th round after he spent 4 seasons backing up Carson Palmer and Matt Leinart. Cassel never started a game at qb and attempted just 33 passes in college. That being said, he was a fairly highly rated qb out of high school and had the physical measurables that prompted the Patriots to take a flier on him. That's the best college to pro comparison I can think of.
Steve Spurroer's back up (Kay Stephenson????) had a better NFL career than did Steve, at least as I recall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator