Is Bobby Petrino the Most Overrated Coach in CFB?

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
As I was drinking my morning coffee, I recall Sas declaring in the chatbox that UL was going to curbstomp or mudhole or perform some other euphemism for extreme violence against the cowbells.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Is Bobby Petrine the Most Overrated Coach in CFB?

Probably Jhon Harblaugh

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I never heard of Bobby Petrine, so I’d hardly call him overrated.

NoGaGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2014
Just finished watching them prevail over outlaw school UL and slimeball Petrino. Great win and with their 2nd string QB taking over for injured Fitzgerald.

Looks like Mullen built a heck of a foundation at a school that is difficult to get quality recruits in the SEC.

Based upon what he did there and what he's already accomplished at UF recruiting wise, the future looks bright.

His S&C program will be relentless after listening to MSU's coach after the game.

Snowflakes need not apply.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
As I was drinking my morning coffee, I recall Sas declaring in the chatbox that UL was going to curbstomp or mudhole or perform some other euphemism for extreme violence against the cowbells.
Yeah and there were all of zero reasons why they shouldn’t have boat raced Cowbell today. Except Petrino being a hilariously overrated scumbag of a coach.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah and there were all of zero reasons why they shouldn’t have boat raced Cowbell today. Except Petrino being a hilariously overrated scumbag of a coach.
Well then as a football expert you should have taken that into account.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Well then as a football expert you should have taken that into account.
Even Petrino’s sorry ass shouldn’t have blown a game using a Heisman QB against an interim coach and backup QB. But then again, he’s the guy who managed to lose to Kentucky with that same Heisman QB. :kiffin:

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
I agree. Knox did a pretty good job coaching, too. Looking forward to having him on board soon.

Last edited:

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Even Petrino’s sorry ass shouldn’t have blown a game using a Heisman QB against an interim coach and backup QB. But then again, he’s the guy who managed to lose to Kentucky with that same Heisman QB. :kiffin:
I know the betting line was for UL to win, but MSU was underrated by the bettors. They are a ranked team whereas UL is not. They have 4 losses, but three of those losses were to top 10 teams, 2 of which are in the playoffs. UL hasn't done anything to impress anyone all year.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
I'm pretty sure the CFB coach is Jim Harbaugh, not John. Jim is definitely overrated, but he's entertaining as hell.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Or is it John Harbaugh? Talk amongst yourselves.

Well if those are the 2 choices it’s got to be Petrino as John coaches the NFL Ravens.

Putting that aside, yes Petrino is overrated and I’ve said that for years on this board, despite being scoffed at by those who wanted him to be our coach. Hopefully the Petrino nutswingers have finally taken my advice, opened their eyes to reality and realize the guy sucks!

Acecustis

Sep 25, 2017
Harbaugh is a great coach. They were always going to step back in 2017 with all the losses they had to their roster. He will have a squad in 2018.

Petrino was and is overrated. He knows offense and would be a good OC but I would never want him as the Gators coach.

Acecustis

Sep 25, 2017
I know the betting line was for UL to win, but MSU was underrated by the bettors. They are a ranked team whereas UL is not. They have 4 losses, but three of those losses were to top 10 teams, 2 of which are in the playoffs. UL hasn't done anything to impress anyone all year.

Probably due to Fitzgerald being out.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
You know who isn’t overrated? Matt Campbell. Road bowl win over a ranked team and the god child Mike Norvell.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Jim Harbaugh hasn’t managed to accomplish anything at Michigan. He’s bern a great coach at times. He was Kerwin-esque in his mastery of the Pioneer League. He had one magical season at Stanford and the program continues to be solid. He had 3 impressive years at SF. But it appears his vaunted intensity and personality wear thin after 3-4 years.

But please, don’t make excuses for year 3 at Michigan. All that means is he was able to win more with Hoke’s & Nuss’ players than his own recruits. He gets no more of a pass than Mac for an injury to his starting QB.

Look for some desperate NFL team to woo him in the next year or 2. He might be all-in for Michigan but so far it’s a bust compared to expectations. He was THE “splash hire” of the last 5 years. He hasn’t beaten OSU, hasn’t won his division, hasn’t won a major bowl. And if Muschamp beats him???

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I have never been or was a fan of Bobby Petrino as a coach, not taking any of his shenanigans into account. I am not talking about him always looking for another job on a weekly basis either. To me he is strictly a one dimensional coach, his teams are not very disciplined and when his offense is slowed or not good, he seems to not have any answer or Plan B. Lots of people really wanted him as our coach in the past, but I was never one of them. I find it interesting that he is still at UofL, especially after his only supporter got whacked (Jurich). And why was he not mentioned very much this offseason with so many darn good job openings? Perhaps others think similarly to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.