Is Kevin Sumlin overrated?

Kyng

Founding Member
The Freak
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2014
Founding Member
Seems like he's struggling with out Johnny Manziel. I'm pretty sure he's also the second highest paid coach in the SEC, behind Saban.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
They've kinda hit a wall

Kyng

Founding Member
The Freak
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah I just feel like that entire organization got way over hyped when they beat Bama in 2012.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Actually, I think their recent downturn may work to our advantage if Foley is interested in him. My theory is, UF will always have a good to great defenses because of pure talent. Any D-coordinator with a good plan and scheme will do well at UF. Therefore, we need an offensive guru type as head coach. The fact that they've hit a wall may mean he'd leave TexasAM for UF. Sumlin, in my opinion, would be off the charts with offensive recruiting at Florida.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Who wouldn't want to see what Treon Harris and/or Will Grier could do in Sumlin's system? I like the possibilities of that!

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think he is a good one. They have fell apart the past few games however but I highly doubt they let him leave there.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He just needs to get rid of the shiiiiitty Tressel spawn DC.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah Sumlin is a baller

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n84156 said:
Sumlin's a fantastic coach. Their DC is garbage.

Yeah, he can leave that bozo in College Station. Sumlin can hire a top notch DC and bring him to Gainesville, and with these athletes we have on defense, watch out!

Kyng

Founding Member
The Freak
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2014
Founding Member
They didn't even break 200 yards against a decent Alabama team. I'm not saying he's a bad coach. What I'm getting at is that Johnny Football blew everything way out of proportion with that football team.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
I think Sumlin is an above average coach, getting more out of players on the offensive side of the ball than their actual talent. TAMU is still TAMU whether they are in the SEC or Big 12, capturing middle of the road recruits. Put Sumlin in a place like UF and he will go off.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
A great quarterback can make or break a coach. Auburn and Gene Chizik. Florida State and Jimbo.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Kyng;n84240 said:
They didn't even break 200 yards against a decent Alabama team. I'm not saying he's a bad coach. What I'm getting at is that Johnny Football blew everything way out of proportion with that football team.

Sumlin has a looong history of outstanding offenses, long before Manziel. He's 60-25 as a head coach at Houston and TexasAM. Although I think he's a long shot to leave TexasAM, he'd recruit extremely well at UF and we'd field offenses that are other-worldly compared to this crap we've seen for the last 4 years.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
I think Sumlin would do good at Florida, but a lot of Florida fans think all UF has to do is put out some money and any coach would jump at the chance to move to Gainesville. I hate to break it to you, but that ain't so.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Okeechobee Joe;n84263 said:
I think Sumlin would do good at Florida, but a lot of Florida fans think all UF has to do is put out some money and any coach would jump at the chance to move to Gainesville. I hate to break it to you, but that ain't so.

This. Almost every name I've seen thrown out I think turns UF down. The only coach I think we could get in the SEC would be Bielema who I like. Dan Quinn will be coaching in the NFL. Jim Harbaugh ain't coming here. I have no clue as to why his name is getting thrown out there. If you want the next HC to have head coaching experience then he is likely to be from a smaller school like ECU's Ruffin McNeil.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
maheo30;n84314 said:
The only coach I think we could get in the SEC would be Bielema who I like..

No, no, no, no on Bielema, respectfully. We've had it with this "let's be the biggest, most lumbering 1980's style Big 10 run offense we can be" and that's Bielema. Plus, the guy is like, 0-12 in the SEC or some such.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
The Original DC;n84338 said:
No, no, no, no on Bielema, respectfully. We've had it with this "let's be the biggest, most lumbering 1980's style Big 10 run offense we can be" and that's Bielema. Plus, the guy is like, 0-12 in the SEC or some such.

I partly agree with you. He's not my favorite choice. My top choices are all guys who like to air it out, but I wouldn't have a problem with the hire. He has been a successful coach.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Kevin Sumlin won a lot without Manziel so I don't even get that comment.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Sumlin is legit IMO. He gets a great DC it would be awesome. He goes down a bit this year at aTm and he may be attainable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator