Is Kevin Sumlin overrated?

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n84257 said:
Sumlin has a looong history of outstanding offenses, long before Manziel. He's 60-25 as a head coach at Houston and TexasAM. Although I think he's a long shot to leave TexasAM, he'd recruit extremely well at UF and we'd field offenses that are other-worldly compared to this crap we've seen for the last 4 years.

They are having a down season. Remember, in 2009, we had Tebow winning the Heisman while losing 4 games. Defense was young, especially corners and safeties. In 2008, they were all grown up. Sumlin is the real deal, in my opinion...he did great things at Houston and who does great things at Houston?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
TallyGator;n84420 said:
They are having a down season. Remember, in 2009, we had Tebow winning the Heisman while losing 4 games. Defense was young, especially corners and safeties. In 2008, they were all grown up. Sumlin is the real deal, in my opinion...he did great things at Houston and who does great things at Houston?

And I'm pretty sure he is recruiting very well in Texas right now.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Kyng;n83864 said:
Seems like he's struggling with out Johnny Manziel. I'm pretty sure he's also the second highest paid coach in the SEC, behind Saban.

Yes, very overrated. When has he fielded a defense.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
RocketCityGator;n84549 said:
Yes, very overrated. When has he fielded a defense.

The same can be said of Spurrier in his first four years. His DC is terrible. Unfortunately the same can be said of all the other offensive whizzes from Rodriguez to Klingsbury.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Law98gator;n84572 said:
The same can be said of Spurrier in his first four years. His DC is terrible. Unfortunately the same can be said of all the other offensive whizzes from Rodriguez to Klingsbury.

Absolutely correct. And SOS did not when a NC until he could field a defense. Offense sells tickets, but defense wins championships.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
We have first hand, painful experience with a coach that ignores either offense or defense. We need a head coach, not a coordinator.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
NoGaGator;n84652 said:
Sumlin won't leave Tammie for anywhere but the NFL.
Why is this the popular belief? There are far better schools in college football than TAMU. Seems a lot more logical to me that he goes to a better college program before he jumps to the NFL

NoGaGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2014
:burn:I have a good source deep within their program. He's related to my cleaning lady's sister's transexual boyfriend who got Johnny Football to sign all those autographs without paying.

Kyng

Founding Member
The Freak
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n84414 said:
Kevin Sumlin won a lot without Manziel so I don't even get that comment.

I'm not saying he's a bad coach, I just think he's a little over rated is all. They were ranked 6 I believe at one point this year. After that embarrassing lost to Alabama they won't even be ranked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator