Is Mullen really 2-15 all time vs ranked teams?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
31-39 is his SEC record.

He won't get four Division 2 teams OOC here either.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
31-39 is his SEC record.

He won't get four Division 2 teams OOC here either.
I agree it sucks. I also agree that trying to build a winner at Mississippi State University in Starkville (MSUIS) sucks even worse.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It sucked. Which helps prove how worthless offensive stats can be. Give me PURPOSEFUL yards.
There is no purpose in yards or TOP.
The only purposeful yardage is the one before the goal line.

Points is all that matters. Scoring offense is all that matters. Will Miles did an article on passing being the way to score. Look it up if you want.

Running the ball just keeps the score close. I guess that is a good idea if you want to win a bet or get a bonus for better defensive stats.

Obviously YOU NEED a running game. You don't want to get into the redzone and have nothing to do once the defense gets compressed or be too obvious.

People forget that SOS was 50% run. Just like you've done in this whole thread.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I agree it sucks. I also agree that trying to build a winner at Mississippi State University in Starkville (MSUIS) sucks even worse.
You should be a good enough to get another job I guess.

I don't take jobs in Starkville or Muhsippi.

I'd rather be a receptionist in Kali sleeping in a minivan with Avatar than that.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
But he was the second most hated UF assistant after Ron Zook. Remember?
I said one of the most hated. Of course, we've had some other contenders since the Chimp years.

You know I love you, bro.

Last edited:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
There is no purpose in yards or TOP.

Points is all that matters. Scoring offense is all that matters. Will Miles did an article on passing being the way to score. Look it up if you want.

Running the ball just keeps the score close. I guess that is a good idea if you want to win a bet or get a bonus for better defensive stats.

Obviously YOU NEED a running game. You don't want to get into the redzone and have nothing to do once the defense gets compressed or be too obvious.

People forget that SOS was 50% run. Just like you've done in this whole thread.
Spurrier was only 50/50 because he put the foot to the jugular in the first half and handed off in the second.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
You should be a good enough to get another job I guess.

I don't take jobs in Starkville or Muhsippi.

I'd rather be a receptionist in Kali sleeping in a minivan with Avatar than that.
I’m sure that can be arranged.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Spurrier was only 50/50 because he put the foot to the jugular in the first half and handed off in the second.
Maybe, but he still had a bunch of first half running yards. Man did that downfield passing attack open up the draw game.

PIck your poison.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I’m sure that can be arranged.
He has tried. I told him I have size 4 feet. It's embarrasing really. I nearly topple over with a stiff breeze.

Apparently that is a deal breaker.

Last edited:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe, but he still had a bunch of first half running yards. Man did that downfield passing attack open up the draw game.

PIck your poison.
It did, and then you had games like Tennessee 2001 where you wanted to stab yourself in the eyeball because we gave up a gazillion yards rushing to a second-string running back. Pick your poison.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It did, and then you had games like Tennessee 2001 where you wanted to stab yourself in the eyeball because we gave up a gazillion yards rushing to a second-string running back. Pick your poison.
fvkking hoke. i don't think he stopped them a single fvkking time the whole damn game.
that game made ron zook embarrassed.

offense scored, what 30 points? it wasn't the offense that lost the game. its was 4-3 soft zone, bend and break defense.

can you guess which type of DEFENSE i hate the most?

Last edited:

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

What I say is that the old coaching adage, offense sells tickets and defense, is obsolete. The adage now should be that offense wins championships and defense keeps losses close saving coaching jobs.

Of course as you say you really need both. But for sure you wont have enough success at UF trying rely on defense, running only on offense and maybe special teams.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Of course as you say you really need both.
BINGO.

Actually I think you need to be great at one and good at the other.

One is rebuilding every few years. You may need to flip flop from year to year.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
And we’ve fired our guys because Bama has owned our asses. Finding the right coach is the answer, but there’s only a few that are slam dunks. Short of us offering Dabo $10M a year, who else were we gonna get?
Are you implying mullen, mac and muschamp were our only options?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
So he's gonna have a better record here even though he's recruiting very similar?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.