Is the program in worse shape now than when Muschamp left? (Poll)

Is the program in worse shape now than when Muschamp left?

• Yes

Votes: 21 30.9%
  • No

Votes: 38 55.9%
  • Muschamp banned ham sammiches and Mac let's the players eat too many

Votes: 9 13.2%

• Total voters

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe not yet but give him the same 4 years Muskrat got and it will be worse.
One difference is that Muskchump started with more to work with and not as long a history of poor play to follow him on the recruiting trail.. Mac started with Musckcramp's 4 years and a neglected recruitment of offense.

g8torfan

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2016
One difference is that Muskchump started with more to work with and not as long a history of poor play to follow him on the recruiting trail.. Mac started with Musckcramp's 4 years and a neglected recruitment of offense.
True, he inherited Urban's recruiting classes and Muskrat was a much better recruiter than Mac so can you imagine where the program would be 2 years from now if he's still there?

SoberJohn

BANNED
Jul 3, 2015
I agree it depends on the metric.

In some ways, we are, however, clearly worse. We still have no offense and now the defense is looking at having almost no DTs and inside linebackers, along with new starters at DE and CB. We only recruited a couple of OL last year and have 1/2 right now. That's a great concern also.

In terms of actual talent, numbers of stars if you will, we are the worst we have been since probation, and it's getting worse and worse each class.

If we lose to the Chumpcocks, we are likely to have the second losing season since the 70s. That says it all.

At least we haven't lost to a 1AA team. There is that.
Math, along with being coherent, is not something you comprehend, is it? Unless UF goes to the SEC Championship game with a 4-4 league record, which is about as probable as the moron Donald Trump becoming President, the worst UF could finish is 6-6, which is NOT a losing record.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Right now I still give the nod to Mac. However, that will change in a hurry unless Mac makes a huge haul in the current recruiting cycle, which does not seem likely. Let's face it. Chump is trending and being lauded for the job he is doing at SC. Not so with Coach Mac at UF. Nothing to brag about at UF these days and very damn little to look forward to.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Math, along with being coherent, is not something you comprehend, is it? Unless UF goes to the SEC Championship game with a 4-4 league record, which is about as probable as the moron Donald Trump becoming President, the worst UF could finish is 6-6, which is NOT a losing record.
Who do you root for?

SoberJohn

BANNED
Jul 3, 2015
I think McElwain inherited a much better team than Muschamp did. Even Meyer acknowledged that the program was "broken" when he left UF. McElwain was hired, for only one reason, to improve UF's offense. He, along with Nussmeier, has failed miserably at that task.
By the way, just how much of a doofus is Nussmeier? He was in charge of a very bad offense at Michigan the year before McElwain hired him. Now he's well into a second straight year of producing an unwatchable offense at Florida. Yet (a new favorite term in Gainesville), he supposedly turned down opportunities to return to UF this year. Who's stupid enough to want this guy? Saban ran him off at Alabama for a reason. That reason is becoming apparent with each passing day.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I think McElwain inherited a much better team than Muschamp did. Even Meyer acknowledged that the program was "broken" when he left UF. McElwain was hired, for only one reason, to improve UF's offense. He, along with Nussmeier, has failed miserably at that task.
By the way, just how much of a doofus is Nussmeier? He was in charge of a very bad offense at Michigan the year before McElwain hired him. Now he's well into a second straight year of producing an unwatchable offense at Florida. Yet (a new favorite term in Gainesville), he supposedly turned down opportunities to return to UF this year. Who's stupid enough to want this guy? Saban ran him off at Alabama for a reason. That reason is becoming apparent with each passing day.

When bringing up Nussmeier's horrific offense at Mich we were told that he didn't have anybody to work with. Now? Harbaugh was left much more in the cupboard than Mac. It's all just excuse piled on top of excuse. Foley let the program go at the sacrifice of lacrosse and a bunch of other non-rev-gen sports. That's his legacy. Spurrier built it and Foley reduced it to rubble. Show me your all-sports trophy t shirt. Yeah right.

Gatorbait_007

Jan 14, 2016
If Mac closes the year like it looks like he will he will have a worse record in his first two years than Muschamp. Right now he has 4 wins against teams with winning records so that's not great either.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
No, Muschamp is a bad head coach and all of his players at UF knew it, if he were still here we would have been 5-7 last year and on our way to 4-7 this year.
I beg to differ. Muschamp would have won at least 8 games last year, it was the defense that won all but one last year and that was Ole Miss. I think we still would have went to Atl last year. I think you fail to realize how bad the east was last year and this year. 4 teams in the east finished with less than 5 wins last year, add in the 3 cupcakes and he easily makes it to 8 games. He's proven he can beat Tn and UGA was a mess during our game last year so now your at 10 wins. And no I'm not a Muschamp supporter at all nor a Mac supporter.

I think the team is in much worse shape than when Muschamp was here. Muschamp was a terrible coach on one side of the ball but his recruiting was on point for the most part, I think seeing what Driskel and Brissett did at their 2nd school is proof of that. Muschamp just didn't make the right hire 3 straight times at OC, which is his fault. And about the Oline he put together, how many transfered which yes was his fault but he brought the guys in. Mac simply is not bringing in the talent on either side to compete in the future. Most of the offense now is his guys and I'm not sure but I believe it's statistically worse (115th) than anything Muschamp put on the field.

Some just refuse to look at reality because of how bad it was under Muschamp but if you really look at it Mac is just as bad if not worse because of his recruiting abilities.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
It is heading into the "worse" category. Next year will reveal how bad things really are when we see the results of mediocre recruiting on ALL levels, not just the offense. Defense has been bailing our ass out since Urban left but now we are going to find out what this program really looks like when you don't recruit well on either side of the ball. If a program is preparing itself to be worse the following year than it is now..........what does that tell you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator