It's 3 in the morning! I'm still awake! BAH!

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah so that sucked.

1. 3rd & 23 screen was the straw that broke the camel's back, much like the screen to Ingram in the 2009 SECCG. Not saying we would have won if we had stopped that play, but it was the play that broke the defense's sprits and opened the flood gates.

2. As I said last week, secondary is raw. We're unfortunately going to see a lot of pass yards given up this year, a la 2007. So just prepare yourselves accordingly. They'll make plays that make you jump for joy and then miss plays that make you turn your TV remote into a meteorite.

3. I can't even defend Driskel tonight, other than to say, a lot of QB's have gone into that stadium and looked as bad as he did tonight. Just have to move on and try to get better.

4. Receivers aren't doing Driskel any favors, though. Dunbar dropped a sure 1st down, Debose lost one in the sun, Pittman made a great catch but as luck would have it, his toe missed the ground by about a millimeter (can't really blame him, it's a game of inches), Burton dropped a 1st down later in the game. Driskel made some awful throws in this game, but the boys catching the passes have to actually catch them when they get the opportunity.

5. Matt Jones' fumble. :facepalm:

6. Offense had more than enough opportunities in the 1st half to put some points on the board and sh*t the bed every time. Extremely frustrating. Maddening.

7. Not sure why VH3 wasn't on Cooper on every single snap. Sure, Cooper is an absolute stud and going to win that matchup on occasion, but at least give us the best chance to succeed.

8. I'm going to go back to an old argument of mine and say, the big danger with a hurry up offense is your offense not producing. Once you go 3 and out in 35 seconds, your defense has had all of zero time to rest up and regroup. We saw the worst of that tonight.

Having said all that, it still only counts as one loss, just like the EMU and UK wins only counted as one win each. The East is still a wide open race, as every team has an ugly loss on their resume now. Hopefully they use the off week to their advantage, get healthy, and go into Knoxville with some kind of plan to win. Whether that plan involves giving a true freshman his first start at QB on the road in a rivalry game, or changing up the way the offense is run, or tweaking the secondary, or who knows what else, we need this win BADLY. In all kinds of weather, go Gators.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Driskel sucks period. I watched other games and they all had a few drops by the receivers. Just admit Driskel is a terrible QB and it has always been that way.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We still suck. No matter how many times you edit it.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator said:
The two edits were actually grammatical in nature. I'm a bit of a stickler with grammar.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator said:
You still have a second thread out there and we still suck.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It is what it is at this point. We aren't a very good football team and that starts and ends with Muschamp.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I'm up with you, but my optimism left today. I don't see Muschamp surviving this. We are a long way from getting back to being respectable. The scary part, which is why I wanted Muschamp to turn it around, is that I don't see a coach that is available or willing to come here, who can work some quick magic. We may be in a Tennessee, FSU type skid that takes several years to overcome.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator said:
I'm up with you, but my optimism left today. I don't see Muschamp surviving this. We are a long way from getting back to being respectable. The scary part, which is why I wanted Muschamp to turn it around, is that I don't see a coach that is available or willing to come here, who can work some quick magic. We may be in a Tennessee, FSU type skid that takes several years to overcome.
That's a scary thought GI.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Sas you're spot on here. In all points. #3 especially. I have tried to support JD but at this point and probably earlier another QB should be tried. I get tired of all the talk that a Freshman QB by some folks would $#!t his pants. Well what do we have right now, a QB that $#!t's his pants. I see no downside to at least trying. And if I am correct wasn't that a plan to play TH at times??? It is just further indications that some of the things WM says is simply not reality. You supposedly recruit these player to come in and play. It's almost a sense as if "you're not a superstar so you wait until you're a soph/Jr. to play." Other teams are having success with them as well.

In addition TN is a MUST WIN! How long has it been since you've heard that? IMO WM will be toast if that game is lost. Too much on the line if we lose that one. We all knew that this game was going to be a litmus test of where we stand as a program. Well I can tell that there is a talented team out there but I am afraid that the product is not better in the results.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I wasn't going to post until my "Butt Hurt" got better but..........

I wanted a Win in this game more than anything I can remember and the defeat hurts!

No defense for how poorly we played, especially in the 2nd half. Our guys played hard but it takes more than effort to win a road game at Bama.

The most discouraging thing is that Bama doesn't look like a great team and they still made us look totally inapt for 90% of the game.

So........... where do we go from here? We lost a game that every "expert" including Tebow predicted we would lose and the melt-down is of epic proportions. Someone said that life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you deal with it. If this team has truly grown from last year, they will put this drubbing out of their mind and practice hard, prepare well and play well next game. If we are the same team we will fold our tents and just quit, like last year. I'm hoping for the 1st option.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I agree Deuce that how they deal with it and rebound is a big step on the maturation process of this team. But I am not surprised at the meltdown on here. We all wanted this win and many expected to lose but "lets not get embarrassed." Well that is exactly what happened. And you are correct about Bama for sure. That team is nowhere near the quality of the recent past and we made Sims and Co. look like world beaters.

We all knew that this was a measuring stick for how far we have come since last year as a program. Well this step was an utter failure. And it really gives us no indication that things are better or that they'll rebound at UT. Do I still think we can beat UT, absolutely. But its going to be tough, again.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
deuce coupe;n56972 said:
I wasn't going to post until my "Butt Hurt" got better but..........

I wanted a Win in this game more than anything I can remember and the defeat hurts!

No defense for how poorly we played, especially in the 2nd half. Our guys played hard but it takes more than effort to win a road game at Bama.

The most discouraging thing is that Bama doesn't look like a great team and they still made us look totally inapt for 90% of the game.

So........... where do we go from here? We lost a game that every "expert" including Tebow predicted we would lose and the melt-down is of epic proportions. Someone said that life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you deal with it. If this team has truly grown from last year, they will put this drubbing out of their mind and practice hard, prepare well and play well next game. If we are the same team we will fold our tents and just quit, like last year. I'm hoping for the 1st option.

Yerp! We will see if this team is close like they have said they are. I believe the way to "rally the troops" is to put Harris in, who I believe the team will rally around. One thing that is striking, with Driskel, is his lack of emotion. He doesn't do anything to get the team fired up. Tebow was the master and I don't expect him to be like Tim; yet, he has to be a leader and since he hadn't done it with his play, he definitely needed to show some desire to win the friggin game. It's almost like he is on a tranquilizer or something. I believe Muschamp makes a push to save his job or he let's Jeff put the final nail in. Hell, he may have already said to himself that this isn't worth it. Who knows, but, my son kept repeating the definition of insanity yesterday and for a young buck, he's pretty wise.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
This is much deeper than a QB change or a few tweaks on either side of the ball. Once again, our team quit after we got down by 2 scores. Although it won't happen until after the game in Jax, we need to fire our HC and start a national search. You know it, I know it...hell HE knows it. The sooner the Muschamp era comes to a close, the sooner we can move forward and look forward to a competetive Gator football program.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Up tempo wasn't an issue. We weren't even up tempo. The majority of the plays were being run with 10 seconds on the clock.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Smells a little pumper in here... Sas is in some form of repentance :lol:
I would normally agree with this air of we just had a bad game that happens to all teams from time to time except this one was epic record proportion. I would agree if we had the personnel and coaching that usually fields a juggernaut most games. I would agree if the leadership at the QB position was even a patch on Tebow's sleeve. But, it's not like that. It's a continual worsening with BS rhetoric of finger pointing and things will get better only to worsen when production time arrives. The coach is basically a liar in his presentation and simply recants what everyone with eyes just witnessed. He presents nothing but vague solutions of needing to improve but make no adjustments or changes that at least prove he is trying something new to live up to his words/promises. Driskel is lifeless. He is the skate by in life type, no real discernible pride. The fact he sits on the sideline basically alone after bad plays tells you he doesn't have team "friends" or solid relations. This is a pretty easy read in terms of the regime we have at the helm. Of course, we want this bad time to translate into getting our act together and come back next game with a vengeance but under this coach it has shown in past seasons to get worse or remain inconsistent. I don't know, I'm compelled to cheer for my Gators because that's all I know and feel in my heart, but brothers and our 2ish sisters, we've seen bad coaching before and we are staring at it. The kids don't believe and we don't have a go to leader on the field that compels his team mates to play championship ball... or at least try to. IMHO

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
The fact that they didnt have our best defender on cooper at all times is enough reason to be fired, especially after you could see he was having his way against the other defenders. Hearing Gary Danielson talk about what a genius Kiffin was for moving cooper to the slot 5 feet away from where hg3 was standing was driving me crazy.....JUST MOVE HG3 OVER THE 5 GD FEET!!!!! HG3 DOES NOT HAVE TO COVER THE FB, RB OR TE THEY SET ON THE OUTSIDE!!

This staff (muschamp) inability to adjust and adapt is killing the talent we do have. They just are not putting our players in the best position to win, literally and figuratively.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator said:
Like I said in this thread, the software hung when I tried to post the thread, so I hit "post" again and it double posted. Stop being a prick.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Gatormac2112;n57090 said:
The fact that they didnt have our best defender on cooper at all times is enough reason to be fired, especially after you could see he was having his way against the other defenders.
QFT. Absolutely ludicrous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator