It's 3 in the morning! I'm still awake! BAH!

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator said:
The most telling thing is that I was neither surprised or disappointed with the outcome of the game. I hoped for a better showing, but fully expected us to get dismantled. WM has lowered my expectations to the Dickey era.
I was definitely not surprised, but deeply disappointed.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator said:
The most telling thing is that I was neither surprised or disappointed with the outcome of the game. I hoped for a better showing, but fully expected us to get dismantled. WM has lowered my expectations to the Dickey era.
What's funny, is if anyone had told me even two days ago that we'd score 21 points at Bama, I would have liked our chances. Oy vey. I need another drink.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68 said:
Muschamp the defensive guru was outsmarted repeatedly by Lane Kiffin. We ARE Tennessee. Thanks Jeremy and Bernie.
Lagoon, I deleted out your vulgar response. That's a warning.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n57269 said:
And this is what our football program has come to be. Sad

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator said:
I figured we would lose about 34-13. If not for some timely fumbles (which we caused), it would've probably been about 63-0.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Our punter did pretty good!

:dance2:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
In case you didn't get enough, the replay is on at 5:00pm on the SECN. :lol:

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I believe that Christy will win the Ray Guy award because of the ineptitude of the offense.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
What even made the bad day even worse ws the way Clemson choked away that game last night at FSU. A really bad day for Gator fans. But I bet we see a much better Gator team against the Vols.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Scott512;n57708 said:
But I bet we see a much better Gator team against the Vols.
What exactly leads you to believe that?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator said:
I'm up with you, but my optimism left today. I don't see Muschamp surviving this. We are a long way from getting back to being respectable. The scary part, which is why I wanted Muschamp to turn it around, is that I don't see a coach that is available or willing to come here, who can work some quick magic. We may be in a Tennessee, FSU type skid that takes several years to overcome.
Ive been thinking the same thing, future doesn't look bright at this point unfortunately.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:
The one thing I did forget to say is I was very pleased with our defense forcing those four turnovers. Not a single one of them was a "gimme" turnover, they forced every one. Unfortunately, that was just about all they did right, but if there's any kind of positive to take away from yesterday, it was the takeaways.
i actually thought our D line did really well against the run, until late in the game when they were just completely worn out from being on the field the whole time. But that's about it, nothing else noteworthy really.

krisl648

Founding Member
Life Long Gator!
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:
The one thing I did forget to say is I was very pleased with our defense forcing those four turnovers. Not a single one of them was a "gimme" turnover, they forced every one. Unfortunately, that was just about all they did right, but if there's any kind of positive to take away from yesterday, it was the takeaways.
I thought the O line protected "deer in headlights" pretty well most of the time. Did we give up any sacks? I know he was tacked behind the line on some designed running plays. Are those counted as sacks or not?

krisl648

Founding Member
Life Long Gator!
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
I love Cummings tackling that guy 10 yards out of bounds. Did he actually think he was still on the field? Hard to believe that was the case as he was elbowing trainers and cheerleaders out of the way to get to the ball carrier.
I really thought on the first look that he lost his balance and fell into the ball carrier...but idk.

krisl648

Founding Member
Life Long Gator!
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Does anyone else just hate CBS coverage of the game and lack of good camera angles for replays or is it just me???
How about Vern saying Valdeeeeez Showers about a 1000 times?
I cant stand CBS!!!!!

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n57113 said:
Bottom line is, this season can go one of two ways, and this off week is HUGE in deciding which way that's going to be. South Carolina got embarrassed at home in week 1 and has rebounded somewhat respectably (although their defense is still in shambles). I already know what people are going to say, they have SOS and we have WM, but that's not going to change any time soon. These guys obviously don't want a repeat of last year, so we'll see what they can come up with. For better or worse, there are still 8 games left.

Sas, your logic is unassailable - the season technically can go one of two ways (by Gator fan measures, anyway), but based on what you saw over the past two weeks, what gives you any reason to believe we'll win any game besides EKU and Vandy the rest of the way?

It's not that we lost to Bammer. I had figured we'd lose to them even when I was in my pumpiest of pumper mode. It is how we lost. The supposed strength of this team was shredded for a school-record amount of yardage not given up even in 1979 or in the desert beatdown Tommie Frazier put on us. Or, ever. And this after last week's defensive embarrassment against UK. Were it not for Bammer being sloppy with the ball and penalties, I believe they could have put 63 or more on us.

Add to that an awful QB and an apparently completely and utterly incompetent head coach who is unwilling to make any changes - AND a brutal schedule. What am I missing? How will we be lucky at this point not to go 4-7?

I'm not trying to start an argument here - I really just don't see it anymore.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n57711 said:
What exactly leads you to believe that?

By all that is holy, what exactly does lead you to believe that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.