It's 3 in the morning! I'm still awake! BAH!

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorbreath;n57763 said:
Sas, your logic is unassailable - the season technically can go one of two ways (by Gator fan measures, anyway), but based on what you saw over the past two weeks, what gives you any reason to believe we'll win any game besides EKU and Vandy the rest of the way?

It's not that we lost to Bammer. I had figured we'd lose to them even when I was in my pumpiest of pumper mode. It is how we lost. The supposed strength of this team was shredded for a school-record amount of yardage not given up even in 1979 or in the desert beatdown Tommie Frazier put on us. Or, ever. And this after last week's defensive embarrassment against UK. Were it not for Bammer being sloppy with the ball and penalties, I believe they could have put 63 or more on us.

Add to that an awful QB and an apparently completely and utterly incompetent head coach who is unwilling to make any changes - AND a brutal schedule. What am I missing? How will we be lucky at this point not to go 4-7?

I'm not trying to start an argument here - I really just don't see it anymore.

4-7 might be optimistic. I wouldn't pencil in Vandy on the road as win.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
One positive: the O-line gave Driskel plenty of time for most of the day. I thought they seemed to hold their own (in pass pro at least) but that unfortunately means that Driskel was bad because Driskel was bad. I am absolutely sick and tired of seeing all of these other "young and inexperienced QBs" come in and light it up and throw it all over the field yet our 4th year junior can't seem to muster up anything against a pretty meh secondary by Alabama standards. I still don't know if I want Treon (or Grier) to start the game in Knoxville yet. Nathan Peterman is probably UTs best QB but his confidence was absolutely crushed last year when he started a game on the road that he wasn't ready for (against us). I don't want to put Treon in that position yet. Having said that, I wouldn't mind one bit putting him in midway through the 1st quarter to see what he can do. If he does great, leave him in and let's move forward with the future.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n57779 said:
4-7 might be optimistic. I wouldn't pencil in Vandy on the road as win.

People don't realize how bad we are

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
EKU isn't going to be a pushover either. They are 4-0, with one of their wins on the road at MAC school Miami, OH.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
gardnerwebbgator said:
EKU isn't going to be a pushover either. They are 4-0, with one of their wins on the road at MAC school Miami, OH.
Uh-oh...

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
gardnerwebbgator said:
They don't run an offense that negates talent do they?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
gardnerwebbgator said:
Even if they don't, we do.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Only real positive I saw over the weekend is that the SEC East looks really weak as a whole. No one team looks to be the favorite.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:
Bernardo de la Paz;n57173 said:
You also forgot penalties. That had to have been one of the least penalized outings we've had under Muschamp. :pumper:
Meh. The penalty complaint is an empty one. UF's been one of the most heavily penalized teams in the country going back to SOS. It's just part of this program, for whatever reason. Hell, we had like 15 penalties in the NC game against FSU. :lol:
I read that as a positive, we had the least penalized game in probably 5 years. That is a positive.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
I love Cummings tackling that guy 10 yards out of bounds. Did he actually think he was still on the field? Hard to believe that was the case as he was elbowing trainers and cheerleaders out of the way to get to the ball carrier.
I thought the same thing Kris, looked like his feet got out from under him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.