It's time to move on

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If he stays as the coach i’m not watching one single game. This happened under Muschamp. I actually stopped watching the games in the middle of the year.

I mean, this guy is just trash. He can recruit and that is it. He really has no concept of how to run any other part of a football program.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
He flipped a significant amount of the roster bc that's what he wanted to do. He claimed we needed to upgrade talent and brought in a bunch of guys he claimed were upgrades. We are worse and more embarrassing in year 2 with his guys than yr 1 with Mullen players.

His playcalling is complete ass.

His defense lacks fundamentals, is extremely undisciplined, and can't tackle for crap.

The STs are consistently bad and routinely horrific.

His crootin so far has been below Mullen and this current class he has projected to be better is crumbling with a decent chance of more decoms after this latest abortion of a game plan.

He has a losing record. Not a losing conf record or even a losing season record, although yes he has all those too for the 2nd year in a row, but no, he has an overall losing record and we get worse the deeper into each season we go.

Let's give him another year and see what happens.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I felt the team came to play, but I don’t understand how you squander it by playing to their strengths (pass rush) and our weaknesses. It’s like he wanted the players to fail.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If we don't fire Napier this weekend. We send a message that says we don't give a shcit about football

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
I dont know a ton about football aside from just base stuff. But I do feel like I know how to read momentum in a game. What he did after that safety should get him fired on the spot. I was ready to run through a wall. I was up screaming in excitement. And then...he coaches like WE were the ones that just gave up a safety! A trick play reeking of desperation. FSU was reeling! They were going for fakes within their 30

WE SHOULD HAVE WON THIS GAME GOING AWAY

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
No discipline, no creativity on offense, no motivation, no pride, soft. I know its only 2 years, but BN lost 5 in a row. Thats pathetic.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Until tonight I didn't see anyway he didn't get a 3rd season but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he's gone within a week. It's hard to believe anyone could be this bad at anything. Throw the bank at urban, the Dan Lanning and then Kiffin. Time to move on, it's over.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He’ll get another year, but he hasn’t earned it. Tonight was garbage.

He’s 0-whatever on trick plays, did he not know those analytics.

Wholesale changes on the staff. Just ridiculous.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I dont know a ton about football aside from just base stuff. But I do feel like I know how to read momentum in a game. What he did after that safety should get him fired on the spot. I was ready to run through a wall. I was up screaming in excitement. And then...he coaches like WE were the ones that just gave up a safety! A trick play reeking of desperation. FSU was reeling! They were going for fakes within their 30

WE SHOULD HAVE WON THIS GAME GOING AWAY
He is such a jackass. Has the team ever been this bad in every phase of the game?

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Don’t y’all go getting my hopes up.

Big time recruits in the house tonight for that?! I’m sure Jeremiah Smith loved watching the offense :lol:

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Until tonight I didn't see anyway he didn't get a 3rd season but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he's gone within a week. It's hard to believe anyone could be this bad at anything. Throw the bank at urban, the Dan Lanning and then Kiffin. Time to move on, it's over.
Yup, this was his chance to get some goodwill back. Instead this game screamed out loud everything wrong with his coaching

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
No discipline, no creativity on offense, no motivation, no pride, soft. I know its only 2 years, but BN lost 5 in a row. Thats pathetic.
He's been coaching longer than 2 years, just not with us, but long enough to know better. And it is apparent he hasn't learned anything and cannot coach at this level. Sunbelt was his ceiling.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I think by this time next season any of the remaining Napier supporters are going to feel like morons when we look back and realize he’s the worst coach we’ve had at UF. Ever.

Avenger48c

No Longer Cautiously Optimistic
Lifetime Member
Aug 24, 2019
I posted it in the chat, but we need to fire Stricklin ASAP. He shouldn't be AD on Monday. The new AD should then get to decide Billy's fate and find his replacement when it is time to part ways. If we let Stricklin hire another HC, we're going to get another clown.

I don't think Billy is the answer, but I don't think now is the time to fire him. We need the talent he's bringing in for the next guy. So if I was the new AD, he stays for next season unless one of the following happens:

1. He refuses to bring in a new OC and hand off play calling duties. The OC needs to be a splash hire and someone the new AD likes as well.
2. He loses the recruiting class. This is defined as losing either Lagway or 5+ other players with 4* or more.
3. He needs to get enough guys out of the portal to effect a complete turnaround next year. No more mulligans, no more weak units.

Next year, he needs to stay above .500 at all times and end the season 8-4 or better. If either of those doesn't happen, he's fired. I think the odds are low, so now is the time to have some back room conversations with boosters and get funding lined up for his buyout and the new hire. Pull some money from the "make the swamp smaller and worse fund", too.

If he manages to survive next year, the benchmark the year after is 10 wins and a playoff berth. It stays there after that; that's the standard we hired him for. There's no reason we should ever settle for less than that consistently with the resources and location we have.

I have no illusions any of the above will happen. The likely outcome is he's fired after Georgia next year with a losing record and Stricklin, still AD, picks another crappy unproven coach and pays like we're poaching from a blue chip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.