Jabari Zuniga

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
.... and Rumph keeps his shirt on around his wife for the opposite reason.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Here's a funny quote about Zuniga from Coach Rumph:

Keep that shirt on

While Clayton is on hold for the moment, redshirt freshman defensive end Jabari Zuniga's career appears ready to take off. He had two sacks in the opener and has undergone a physical transformation in the year he's been here.

“This guy was really mature for a freshman,” Rumph said. “He's up to 250 pounds, but if you go back to the spring, he got all the way down to 230. I actually said, 'Man, you're losing weight. You've got to get this weight on.'

“He said, 'Coach, I want to take the fat off and I want to build my body up.' But if you've ever seen this guy with his shirt off. ... I have a rule: He can not take his shirt off in front of my wife. I mean this guy is yoked up. My wife's around, his shirt is on."
That's a short time to turn 20+ lbs of fat into raw muscle. Hope he didn't get into Grier's stash. Maybe just Bama's.

jereed16

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Re-watched the game this AM. Zuniga is a really good rush end. None of UK's tackles could slow his bull rush. Reminded me a bit of watching Jermaine Cunningham. By the way, they were holding the **** out of him but never got flagged.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Re-watched the game this AM. Zuniga is a really good rush end. None of UK's tackles could slow his bull rush. Reminded me a bit of watching Jermaine Cunningham. By the way, they were holding the **** out of him but never got flagged.

On their big pass play in garbage time that led to the score they were basically tackling our guys. Refs must've been like "fvk it".

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
So is his name really pronounced zoo-nigga? That's unfortunate if it is. :lol:

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So is his name really pronounced zoo-nigga? That's unfortunate if it is. :lol:
I think it's actually pronounced Zoo Neega. But I'm sure the announcers will say it all kinds of ways this year. His name is gonna come up a lot.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I thought it was pronounced Zoo-ni(eye)-ga.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
With all due respect to Cunningham, I think Zuniga is much farther along at this point. Cunningham arrived at like 196 lbs and took 3 years to get to playing weight.

jereed16

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
With all due respect to Cunningham, I think Zuniga is much farther along at this point. Cunningham arrived at like 196 lbs and took 3 years to get to playing weight.
Didn't want to go that far, but yeah, kid has some push.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I think it's actually pronounced Zoo Neega. But I'm sure the announcers will say it all kinds of ways this year. His name is gonna come up a lot.
That's what I figured, but I definitely heard the announcer say it wrong against UMass.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm going with zoo knee gay.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I just met a guy with the last name knigga on his card. He hasn't actually said his last name yet. We all have the same bet going.

I'm going with ki-ni-ga just because it makes me laugh.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
39140003.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members