Jacksonville Jaguars clinch first playoff berth since 2007

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Is Doug Marone being mentioned for COY? I can't imagine anyone else even being close at this point.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I gotta admit I admire this Jags team. Tom Coughlin has completely changed the culture and the mindset of the franchise. The defense is nasty, and the offense has the same run-over-you mentality. They punched the Seahawks right in the mouth and exposed them as scumbag wussies.

Hell, even the fans are tougher now. I loved seeing stuff thrown at the dirty Quinton Jefferson. Hell, when Jefferson was half over the railing, the fans didn't even seem intimidated. It was a great scene.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Well, when you have a top 5 draft pick for like 20 consecutive years, you should be competitive every now and then.
:whistle:

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Looking good thus far. Hopefully they can finish strong and make a run in the playoffs towards the Super Bowl!!

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Hell, even the fans are tougher now. I loved seeing stuff thrown at the dirty Quinton Jefferson. Hell, when Jefferson was half over the railing, the fans didn't even seem intimidated. It was a great scene.
I think a fan that throws sh#t at a player he should be taken down to said player and discuss it man to man.........that fan was a punk coward cause he knew he was safe up there.........but it was someone from Jax probably so I understand his mentality.............

Last edited:

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Well, when you have a top 5 draft pick for like 20 consecutive years, you should be competitive every now and then.
:whistle:

Yeah, in the past they pissed away a lot of top picks. But have you looked at what they've hit on lately? In the last three years they have been spot on, and that includes deep draft picks.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I think a fan that throws sh#t at micturition player should be taken down to said player and discuss it man to man.........that fan was a punk coward cause he knew he was safe up there.........but it was someone from Jax probably so I understand his mentality.............
Under these circumstances, I fully support objects being thrown at a guy like Jefferson. The only disappointing part of the whole thing is that they didn't connect with the target.

Remember when the refs were pummeled with water bottles as they slithered off the field after the Swindle? I fully supported that as well and I been there I might have pulled my chair from its bolts and flung that, too.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Under these circumstances, I fully support objects being thrown at a guy like Jefferson. The only disappointing part of the whole thing is that they didn't connect with the target.

Remember when the refs were pummeled with water bottles as they slithered off the field after the Swindle? I fully supported that too and had I been there I might have pulled my chair from its bolts and flung that, too.

I watched it. And since I believe that fans should behave, I thought that was totally inappropriate. But inappropriate or not there was a part of me that was really hoping they'd cover him up in beer, ice, and whatever else non lethal objects they could hurl. What a jerk.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I watched it. And since I believe that fans should behave. I thought that was totally inappropriate. But inappropriate or not there was a part of me that was really hoping they'd cover him up in beer, ice, and whatever else non lethal objects they could hurl. What a jerk.
Throwing batteries or something heavy might possibly be considered appropriate, but a beer on the head never hurt anyone.

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
If Jefferson had any brains, he would have left his helmet on while headed to the tunnel. About as dumb as A.J. Green trying to land punches to Jalen Ramsey's face with his helmet on. Also seems the Jags are living rent free inside their opponents heads this season.

Gatorup!

Nov 14, 2016

Funny, the first thing I thought when I saw video of the fans throwing things was that I bet they're Gator fans on Saturdays.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Does any video exist of the Gator fans hurling water bottles at the fleeing refs after the Swindle? I've never been that angry at the end of a game. Never. There isn't even a close second. I wanted blood.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
DMxAL9EXUAAMvNK.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads