Jake Allen obviously has been living in the weight room

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Looks good. Now lets hope his commitment to the weight room is just as good with playing QB and his fire to lead.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Looks good. Now lets hope his commitment to the weight room is just as good with playing QB and his fire to lead.

The kid definitely seems committed. I just hope he is able to catch on to the college game quickly. His tape just doesn't stick out when you watch it but I am sure some other top college QBs in the past didn't either.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If he wants to survive the head hunting torpedoes of the SEC D's... good move, good counseling. Go Gators!

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Last time our QB was that swollen he was truckin Dudes and his name was Tim.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm pretty impressed by this. No assurance how he got there, but I've spent the last 20-plus years in the gym amongst all types. I think I can tell the difference between natural muscle and artificial. That looks natural to me. No other way to get there but by working your arse off.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Jake has been working with Eric Kresser on reading defenses, etc., since 6th grade. He could be just what we are hoping for in a QB!

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm pretty impressed by this. No assurance how he got there, but I've spent the last 20-plus years in the gym amongst all types. I think I can tell the difference between natural muscle and artificial. That looks natural to me. No other way to get there but by working your arse off.

It mostly just looks like he filled out in addition to gaining some muscle. He definitely doesn't have the look you see Bama players and those guys at the gym get when taking juice.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Jake has been working with Eric Kresser on reading defenses, etc., since 6th grade. He could be just what we are hoping for in a QB!

This. The article about him joining the "inner city" team (where he was the only white kid) was pretty impressive. I have high hopes for this kid, and honestly think he's a more polished prospect than Franks. He should not have lost his 4th star (the article explains it well) and he should have been invited to the Elite 11. Too bad he didn't enroll in January. But he does get Summer A to work w/ the team/WR's.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
If that is his father beside him, I would guess this was not a recent change but a long time family hobby. That is good as a thrower has to be careful about changing himself too much or two quickly.

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think a lot of you have never seen people who lift weights regularly. He looks toned. His dad's looks more like a workout warrior. Check out his triceps muscles, they look much more impressive than Jake's.If I remember correctly, his dad played TE at BU.

Last edited:

the_alphagator1906

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Kid has put on a good 15-20 pounds since the last time I saw him :chomp:

Oh boy...hope he dis not find Will Grier's workout secrets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.