Jake Paul vs Mike Tyson

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
This is now an officially sanctioned fight. This means that the results of the fight will count towards both fighter's overall record.

While I agree that the two-minute rounds should favor Tyson, they may also be a benefit for Paul as he will likely get a quicker reprieve from the relentless pounding he will likely get.

The "soften"ing of the impact of Tyson's punches from the 14 ounce gloves as opposed to the normal 10 ounce gloves is a pathetic attempt at a joke. Tyson's power will overcome any benefit of the padded gloves.
Coincidentally, your mom prefers 2 minute rounds for the same reason...

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
It’s a sanctioned fight now, isn’t it? So no longer an exhibition. Counts against their records I think.

So there can’t be any funny business.
Tell me this is the first fight you've followed without telling me this is the first fight you've followed... :lol:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Tell me this is the first fight you've followed without telling me this is the first fight you've followed... :lol:
I’m not talking about funny business in the judging of the fight. I’m talking about with wild and wacky rules. Like one person has larger gloves. Or that there’s going to be some sort of tag teaming. There were a lot of crazy rumors floating about.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I'll say this as someone who has a tiny bit of boxing experience under their belt, Jake Paul is a very awkward target to hit especially with those oversized gloves. The 2 minute rounds will favor Tyson since Jake is more of a defensive fighter, but I won't be at all surprised to see this fight go the distance. The biggest issue for Jake will be carrying a lot more weight than he has ever fought with and not getting gassed to the point Tyson takes target practice on him and it is stopped....If any of you couch potatoes ever want to get in shape quickly go hit a heay bag or spar with someone for 3-4, 3-minute rounds...you'll be gassed beyond belief....

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I'll say this as someone who has a tiny bit of boxing experience under their belt, Jake Paul is a very awkward target to hit especially with those oversized gloves. The 2 minute rounds will favor Tyson since Jake is more of a defensive fighter, but I won't be at all surprised to see this fight go the distance. The biggest issue for Jake will be carrying a lot more weight than he has ever fought with and not getting gassed to the point Tyson takes target practice on him and it is stopped....If any of you couch potatoes ever want to get in shape quickly go hit a heay bag or spar with someone for 3-4, 3-minute rounds...you'll be gassed beyond belief....
Years ago I was able to kick the top of my door jamb. I didnt always land right but my foot touched the top. I did some free style fighting in the army and was in excellent condition. I used to run several miles a day. It doesnt take long to lose your edge if you dont stay on top of it. I am not sure what Mike has been doing for the last few years but I really dont see how Jake could do alot of bragging if he beats a 60 year old man.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Years ago I was able to kick the top of my door jamb. I didnt always land right but my foot touched the top. I did some free style fighting in the army and was in excellent condition. I used to run several miles a day. It doesnt take long to lose your edge if you dont stay on top of it. I am not sure what Mike has been doing for the last few years but I really dont see how Jake could do alot of bragging if he beats a 60 year old man.
Yeah I'm not really making a case for Jake winning but if you've seen him fight he is very awkward. He also hasn't fought being that heavy before and with those bigger gloves I don't see him adding any power being an advantage but that extra bulk could slow him down and make him target practice if Tyson cuts the ring off on him....Paul also has a tendency to fight with his head lowered which as you mentioned could make him vulnerable to Tyson's uppercut...

Personally, I think the whole thing is just another money-making scheme by JP so I don't think they will want it to end too soon kind of like when Mcgregor went against Mayweather....Mayweather could have finished Conor in the first 2-3 rounds if you ask me.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Paul also has a tendency to fight with his head lowered which as you mentioned could make him vulnerable to Tyson's uppercut...
This is what is so dangerous to Jake. I have watched many fighters over the years but Mikes uppercut is probably the most feared among many top fighters. So many have been clocked out by it. JP wouldnt stand one ounce of a chance if Mike was in his prime. We wouldnt even be debating this I dont think. The big money would be on Iron Mike for sure.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Jake Paul after the fight.

Mixed Martial Arts Sport GIF by UFC

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The only way its Tyson is that he is 60 years old. If he were JPs age there would likely be a first round KO and JP would probably hang it up. JP wouldnt make a pimple on Tysons ass if it were a equal fight. Period.
I read this, and your right.
They need to make this fight equal by requiring Tyson to have 1 hand tied behind his back.

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Jake Paul is 27 and is 9-1 with 6 KOs. He is a rising star and future champion. Tyson is almost 60 and belongs in a nursing home. Tyson is going down.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Jake Paul is 27 and is 9-1 with 6 KOs. He is a rising star and future champion. Tyson is almost 60 and belongs in a nursing home. Tyson is going down.
He’s only fought one boxer right? All the others have been just athletes of other disciplines, no?

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
He’s only fought one boxer right? All the others have been just athletes of other disciplines, no?
I have no idea. I’m just messing around. I know Logan Paul is an incredible athlete. If Jake has similar talent, then Tyson is‘t going to kill him, especially when Tyson is almost 60.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.