Jalen Tabor and C'yontai Lewis suspended for Week 1

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
@Teezmama1: My son was involved in a altercation with another teammate, in which, he had NO CHOICE but to defend himself.

I just hate it when my mom sticks up for me on Twitter. Soooo embarrassing.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I just hate it when my mom sticks up for me on Twitter. Soooo embarrassing.
Not only that, she's obviously only hearing one side of the story. It's not like she witnessed it.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
They might return to practice, but still miss the UMASS game.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My coach was that type of coach. If one person in the unit messed up, the whole unit was punished. There was a time in high school, and I don't remember the circumstances, but I did something to get myself in hot water, and literally the entire team did up downs while I stood there and had to count them off. I was absolutely devastated, and I'm fairly certain I was in tears by the end of it. Effective punishment if you ask me. However, you have to take into account I wasn't a selfish assh*le and I cared deeply for my teammates, which probably isn't the case with a lot of players these days.

Every coach does it differently, but I like the team punishment better than the individual punishment. I think it lends itself to better accountability among teammates. I'm honestly kind of surprised Tabor is suspended given what we know about the whoopin' Lewis gave him, so he had to have instigated it pretty badly.

I agree completely.
I call this approach the "Reverse Bowden" approach. If you recall Booby refused to suspend Janokowski for a bowl game because "It would punish his team mates." This defined Bowden for me more than anything else he ever said or did since this is the essence of poor discipline and hypocrisy.

I also agree that this approach assumes that the player actually gives a crap about his team mates which is a vast assumption only these days.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Suspended then un-suspended? Nice message coach. Flip flopping is status quo for this guy.[/QUOTE]
Okay smart guy, please enlighten us on all the times you can remember Mac has flip-flopped on a decision

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Okay smart guy, please enlighten us on all the times you can remember Mac has flip-flopped on a decision

Grier/Treon comes to mind, smart guy. Going back and forth with them was stupid from day one.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I agree completely.
I call this approach the "Reverse Bowden" approach. If you recall Booby refused to suspend Janokowski for a bowl game because "It would punish his team mates." This defined Bowden for me more than anything else he ever said or did since this is the essence of poor discipline and hypocrisy.

I also agree that this approach assumes that the player actually gives a crap about his team mates which is a vast assumption only these days.
I remember that. And as much as I generally hate Bowden for numerous reasons I agree with that philosophy. I'm gong to assume that most players are good guys and that their team mates matter to them. Sas's coach prolly had the right approach.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Im glad the suspension is lifted. I thought it was dumb to begin with.

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Grier/Treon comes to mind, smart guy. Going back and forth with them was stupid from day one.
I wouldn't call that flip-flopping - I'd call it trying to figure out who your best QB is when the schist starts flying (a RS Freshman or a midget who had SEC playing time experience).
Is that all you got?
:bart:

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It didn't hurt us one bit. It probably made "me first Grier" work harder. He was 6-0 with both QB's. What's stupid about that?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
LOL. Ok fellas. Not gonna clog the thread with this...he DID flip flop on the suspension. Sends the wrong message. Just MHO

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
It could be a matter of the two guys (Tabor and Lewis) coming together with Coach Mac and saying something like:

"Coach, young lil' Teezy and I discussed our unfortunate pugilistic event and have jointly determined that what we did was deleterious to the progress of the squad. We have further agreed to set aside our petty differences much in the way the hip-hop artists that inhabit this bi-coastal nation have done, and focus our collaborative efforts toward a successful season. We regret our transgressions and humbly beseech the coaching staff for a lifting of said suspension and will do our utmost to avoid any recidivism."

Or...you know, something like that.

If that's the case, they learned their lesson, shook hands in a soulful, half-bro hug kind of way and moved on.
Why not let them play?

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
LOL. Ok fellas. Not gonna clog the thread with this...he DID flip flop on the suspension. Sends the wrong message. Just MHO
There's nothing humble about your shtick, so don't even try that crap. Just don't spout schist like 'status quo for this guy' (referring to Mac), unless you want to be hounded by us pumpers.
I personally think you'd be much happier picking another team to root for - I know I would be.
:mac:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Alright. It looks like they were suspended for the first game. But who cares anyway?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.