Jalen Tabor busted with pot

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
How the heck are we just now hearing about this? It happend back on May 27th?:facepalm:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
At least the cops there are giving citations for that now instead of taking them to jail.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Give him the "Billy Donovan Treatment". Shape up or ship out...

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Good to know we still got a few bad boys

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Half the team is smoking pot here and there in reality. It will be nice when it is legal in Florida finally. What does Colorado do if a player tests positive for marijuana or do they even test them for that.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n13952 said:
Half the team is smoking pot here and there in reality. It will be nice when it is legal in Florida finally. What does Colorado do if a player tests positive for marijuana or do they even test them for that.
I think you're probably pretty close with saying half of them smoke it from time to time. I would think that would also be similar to the overall student body...maybe a little less these days with the stringent requirements to get into UF. Good question on Colorado. I have no idea what those states are doing on their drug testing for weed.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever said:
I'm pretty sure they have to test. NCAA rules and all.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This opens the door for Dawson, who according to reports held his own and even some days outplayed Tabor. So not a drop off other than neither one has the experience

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n13956 said:
I think you're probably pretty close with saying half of them smoke it from time to time. I would think that would also be similar to the overall student body...maybe a little less these days with the stringent requirements to get into UF. Good question on Colorado. I have no idea what those states are doing on their drug testing for weed.

Federal law trumps state law. If NCAA rules regarding illegal substances is consistent across the entire nation, their rules would trump any state laws. Then again that's particularly in regards to labor laws. And if labor laws are being used to police that, we have just opened a whole can of worms...

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
CaribGator;n13960 said:
This opens the door for Dawson, who according to reports held his own and even some days outplayed Tabor. So not a drop off other than neither one has the experience

Dawson is a stud. I think the battle between him and Tabor has been really close. Tabor's going to be on STs as the gunner now. And nickel packages.

JC_Gator

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
According to Robbie andreu he has already been disciplined. He will not miss game time.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n13961 said:
Federal law trumps state law. If NCAA rules regarding illegal substances is consistent across the entire nation, their rules would trump any state laws. Then again that's particularly in regards to labor laws. And if labor laws are being used to police that, we have just opened a whole can of worms...

I wonder if Colorado is forced by the NCAA to test for THC also when they drug test. I know some businesses do there but that is their choice.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n13964 said:
Dawson is a stud. I think the battle between him and Tabor has been really close. Tabor's going to be on STs as the gunner now. And nickel packages.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but after checking a few websites, it's my understanding that the NCAA mandates what a banned substance is and therefore what is to be tested for. Yet they have no regulations regarding how often each school tests and certainly in how each school deals with failed tests. Crazy.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;13971 said:
GatorJ;n13964 said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but after checking a few websites, it's my understanding that the NCAA mandates what a banned substance is and therefore what is to be tested for. Yet they have no regulations regarding how often each school tests and certainly in how each school deals with failed tests. Crazy.

The conference could. Which would span several states.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.