Penn-State-Big-Ten-Champs-by-Burdick.jpg

Discuss.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I think he's an amazing coach. Incredible motivator. He inherited a dumpster fire there.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Seems like a good coach and a good guy, unless you're bothered by the whole "tried to brush under the rug the brutal rape committed by his players" thing. Other than that though...good for Ped State.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Seems like a good coach and a good guy, unless you're bothered by the whole "tried to brush under the rug the brutal rape committed by his players" thing.
You've been hanging around Sas too long.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think he's an amazing coach. Incredible motivator. He inherited a dumpster fire there.
A dumpster fire of historic proportions. Remember in addition to probation they let anyone who wanted to walk leave the program without penalty.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Seems like a good coach and a good guy, unless you're bothered by the whole "tried to brush under the rug the brutal rape committed by his players" thing. Other than that though...good for Ped State.
And yet, Briles won't be in consideration for doing the same.

Crazy huh! One guys holding up trophies and hailed a hero. One guy is treated like a pariah and sitting at home.

www.HireArtBriles.com

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
You've been hanging around Sas too long.

Yeah, you're right. Those of us opposed to gang-rape tend to flock together.

I was here locally through the whole thing. One thing you don't see at a school like Vandy is "special consideration" for things like this. The two players just got convicted and one sentenced to 15 years (the other sentence will probably be worse) and will spend many years protecting their cornholes. Franklin created and tried to help cover it up until he saw he wasn't going to get help from the school.

In the filing, the defense says Franklin and strength coach Dwight Galt -- who left Vanderbilt for the same jobs at Penn State this winter -- talked to the accuser during a medical examination four days after the rape.

Franklin and Galt told the woman "that they cared about her because she assisted them with recruiting," according to the filing. Later, the defense said, "Coach Franklin called her in for a private meeting and told her he wanted her to get 15 pretty girls together and form a team to assist with the recruiting even though he knew it was against the rules."

According to The Tennessean, Franklin "added that all the other colleges did it."

Now knock yourself out defending him.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
I wonder if Franklin and his successor at Vandy could go to Gainesville after the season is over to teach our coaches, a.-how to coach; and b.-how to motivate. Both of those guys are head and shoulders above the man we now reluctantly refer to as "our head coach."

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I wonder if Franklin and his successor at Vandy could go to Gainesville after the season is over to teach our coaches, a.-how to coach; and b.-how to motivate. Both of those guys are head and shoulders above the man we now reluctantly refer to as "our head coach."
Good point. Franklin's successor is doing a pretty good job, too.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I will. He has done an incredible coaching job at PSU.
Unless I've been living in a hole, didn't they go 7-6 last year and most of their fan base want hm fired and the noise only getting louder after dropping a turd to Pitt?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He would have been my choice if they made the move when they should have. Not 100% sure on him long term yet however.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Maybe we'll make a run at Franklin in 2 years when we can Mac, but if our new AD is like our old one then I'm sure we'll go out and get some unproven guy and be disappointed again for another 3 or 4 years.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He was my first choice when we thought Muschamp was getting fired after year 3. I've never seen anyone make halftime adjustments like he does. Even when they're overmatched his players never back down. Really let a good one get away.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I thought he was a good coach but didn't think he was championship quality. What he has done at Penn St has impressed me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.