James Franklin

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If only Mac had the second worst sanctions in NCAA history to blame instead of his own recruiting ineptitude.
He's the weakest recruiter of all the Gator head coaches I've ever seen. That goes all the way back to Doug Dickey. Hall, Zook and Muschamp were all better recruiters than Mac.

I actually wouldn't have that much a problem with Mac if he was landing top 5-10 classes every year. I may be in the minority, but he does seem to get a lot out of his players. But that doesn't hold you over a season. The FSU and Alabama games from the last 2 years are what happens when you try to matchup 3-star recruits against 5-star recruits.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, you're right. Those of us opposed to gang-rape tend to flock together.

I was here locally through the whole thing. One thing you don't see at a school like Vandy is "special consideration" for things like this. The two players just got convicted and one sentenced to 15 years (the other sentence will probably be worse) and will spend many years protecting their cornholes. Franklin created and tried to help cover it up until he saw he wasn't going to get help from the school.

Now knock yourself out defending him.
They should of had their schfonzes nailed to a stump. I'm for the death penalty when it comes to rape. Instead, we put them in a pen for awhile and then let them out to REGISTER as sex offenders, then it escalates to rape AND murder. What a colossal farce. Anybody who enables that kind of behavior should not be working anywhere. I've just lived too long.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
BNA is right on this. This story rocked the area up here and was huge in the news. Those guys are getting and will get what they deserve. As far as Franklin, I like him and what he can do as a coach. But as BNA put it, yes he had a huge part in the behavior during the investigation. That is still one of the bigger questions is how Franklin was never brought into the mix during the investigation and trial portion. Many believe as it seems that not only did Franklin want to leave for a better opportunity but Vandy was not going to help him stay either. As it would be Franklin being at Ped St. has worked out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator