James Robinson cleared for NCAA participation?

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
So if it is UF and not the NCAA why don't they go ahead and make a decision so this kid can move on if they aren't going to clear him?
The administration has always dragged their feet with this type of crap. If he was at UGA,BAMA,LSU,TENN,or any other big program he would of been cleared already!

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The administration has always dragged their feet with this type of crap. If he was at UGA,BAMA,LSU,TENN,or any other big program he would of been cleared already!
So waters is saying it is a good sign that he hasn't gone juco yet...I suppose that means they are expecting it to get worked out?

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
So waters is saying it is a good sign that he hasn't gone juco yet...I suppose that means they are expecting it to get worked out?

I expect it 2...the question is when? Dude should of been allowed in summer B. This is going to set him back BIG TIME for this upcoming season.

Last edited:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I expect it 2...the question is when? Dude should of been in allowed in summer B. This is going to set him back BIG TIME for this upcoming season.
While I would much rather have him available sooner than later, we aren't exactly depleted at WR.
I get the feeling that he will ultimately be in, but it really needs to happen ASAP.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
When he was unable to enroll for summer B they said his next opportunity would be fall semester it starts August 21, if we haven't heard good news a few days ahead of that then he is most likely out, but there's no need to panic yet.

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
I expect it 2...the question is when? Dude should of been allowed in summer B. This is going to set him back BIG TIME for this upcoming season.
It's not ideal, but if we can get him enrolled for Fall that's better than not getting him enrolled at all. Also, Robinson imo was one of the few guys in that class that could afford to miss enrolling early or in summer and still be ready to go and play as a freshmen this Fall. This guy is really good. His tape is phenomenal and as a freshman I think he would find some way to break into the rotation. He would be our biggest WR on our roster.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Perhaps it would be in both of our interests if he got what I call an academic red shirt. He gets assistance in getting off to a decent academic start, gets to use the facilities to get better, and since we have so many receivers we get him perhaps a year when we need him more. Just a thought for consideration, it would be better to have capable players.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
It's not ideal, but if we can get him enrolled for Fall that's better than not getting him enrolled at all. Also, Robinson imo was one of the few guys in that class that could afford to miss enrolling early or in summer and still be ready to go and play as a freshmen this Fall. This guy is really good. His tape is phenomenal and as a freshman I think he would find some way to break into the rotation. He would be our biggest WR on our roster.
He also hasn't been in the meetings/in player run workouts or in the weight program. So he's not going to ready to go against Michigan no matter how good his tape is. We needed all the help we could get against them but someone at UF decided that their "moral high ground "is more important than us winning this game. The kid has never been arrested and his grades are good enough to get in so...the real question is why are they failing to do their job?

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
He also hasn't been in the meetings/in player run workouts or in the weight program. So he's not going to ready to go against Michigan no matter how good his tape is. We needed all the help we could get against them but someone at UF decided that their "moral high ground "is more important than us winning this game. The kid has never been arrested and his grades are good enough to get in so...the real question is why are they failing to do their job?
I hear ya man, but at this point all we can hope is that he can enroll in fall. Also, I just have a feeling this kid could be special even without the summer. Its not just his talent which alone could get him on the field early imo. But, his size would be a huge asset. The guy looks like junior or senior already. Dont get me wrong summer would have been better, but this guy imo is already capable of playing right now imo from a physicality standpoint. But maybe Im wrong and he does need that development.

Buckman2000

Oct 1, 2016
This is a University first, is it not?? I'm not going to blame admissions for "dragging their feet" on a kid they have serious reservations on.

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
This is a University first, is it not?? I'm not going to blame admissions for "dragging their feet" on a kid they have serious reservations on.
Yes, We dont know the whole situation, and all we can hope for is that everything that needed to be done has been done and we can move into fall with him on board. Im sure once he is on campus he will get all the support and help he needs to be successful. Coach Mac does a really good job of guiding his player in that way imo. He really tries to help them on and off and truly cares that they are doing the right things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.