Jeff Driskel is starting for the Browns

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
They cannot change their playoff seeding, Flacco is old.... this is a rest game for the Browns. It's no different than Sofla's favorite Carson Wentz starting for the Rams this week. Sam Darnold starting for the 49ers. Why would a team with nothing to gain play their starting quarterback if they are in the playoffs, in week 18.

Bama&GatorFan

Friends in high places
Dec 5, 2015
They cannot change their playoff seeding, Flacco is old.... this is a rest game for the Browns. It's no different than Sofla's favorite Carson Wentz starting for the Rams this week. Sam Darnold starting for the 49ers. Why would a team with nothing to gain play their starting quarterback if they are in the playoffs, in week 18.
I might try to catch some of the game just to see how he does...

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
At some point in my multitude of viewings of that interview, I begin to wonder what he's actually saying that's so dang funny? :lol:

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Mr Freeze Tonight GIF

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Hell, friggin' Joe Flacco was working at a car wash when the Browns signed him in desperation a month ago. He was finished 7 times over - couldn't even stay in the league at 3rd string. Now he's suddenly so valuable he's being sat to protect him before the playoffs. Who the eff would have believed that?

And who the eff would believe that Jeff Driskel would ever start another NFL game?

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Hell, friggin' Joe Flacco was working at a car wash when the Browns signed him in desperation a month ago. He was finished 7 times over - couldn't even stay in the league at 3rd string. Now he's suddenly so valuable he's being sat to protect him before the playoffs. Who the eff would have believed that?

And who the eff would believe that Jeff Driskel would ever start another NFL game?

Even crazier he has a Super Bowl while hall of famers don’t. As for Driskell I never had being in the league for 10+ years and making over 50 million on my bingo card.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Say what you want about Driskel, he found a way to stay in the league almost a decade. Kudos to him. If he'd had a better coach that Chump maybe he is a little better. The Monday morning after the Tinerc game, where Driskel was pulled for Treon, Tebow was on with Jess Prosser and Dan Hicken. Tebow outright said Muschamp ruined the kid. Tebow isn't usually that blunt. I never forgot it though.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Congrats to Driskel. He obviously didn't light it up when he played for us but he also wasn't an abomination of a human being, either, at least that I recall. I don't hold any ill will towards the guy. Kudos to him for sticking around the NFL for 8 years now. That's some really good coin. There are plenty of worse jobs in the football world than being a little used backup QB pulling in $1.5m+ per year and not getting your brains beat to shyt, especially if you can pull that off for a decade or more.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Congrats to Driskel. He obviously didn't light it up when he played for us but he also wasn't an abomination of a human being, either, at least that I recall. I don't hold any ill will towards the guy. Kudos to him for sticking around the NFL for 8 years now. That's some really good coin. There are plenty of worse jobs in the football world than being a little used backup QB pulling in $1.5m+ per year and not getting your brains beat to shyt, especially if you can pull that off for a decade or more.
He's pond scum.

He also has over $8.3 million in career earnings.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
He's pond scum.

He also has over $8.3 million in career earnings.

Over $8.3m in career earnings. That's really good for a 30 year old. Maybe not by NFL standards but by normal job standards it's amazing.

After thinking about it, I think you're probably right about the pond scum part. SOB was probably doing lines of coke off Muschamp's wife's ass 6 days a week and twice on Sunday's. Probably explains a lot about why Champ deservedly sabotaged Driskel's career.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.