Jeff Driskel is starting for the Browns

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Driskel has bounced around a few teams, but dude is getting paid as one of the best gigs in the world, backup qb in the NFL. He might be dumber than a box of rocks, but he doesn't rock the boat. The Browns will be the first team in NFL history to make the playoffs starting 5 different quarterbacks in a season. They were already the first team to start 4 quarterbacks in a season and make the playoffs.

To be successful like they are, their HC/OC knows how to call an offense. I bet they are regretting that Watson trade/contract if he can plug and play PJ Walker and off the couch Joe Flacco in and win. It also helps they have an amazing defense.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
QB's from Ugay that Jeff has done as well as or better as a professional.
Jake Fromm
Aaron Murray
and Probably Stetson Bennett.
DJ Shockley.

Good job Jeff.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We can laugh at Driskel and take shots at him all we want but the guy has done very well for himself.

He’s a veteran NFL QB and he’s married to a very nice young lady and former UF cheerleader from Brandon Florida.

We should all be doing so poorly.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Driskel has bounced around a few teams, but dude is getting paid as one of the best gigs in the world, backup qb in the NFL. He might be dumber than a box of rocks, but he doesn't rock the boat. The Browns will be the first team in NFL history to make the playoffs starting 5 different quarterbacks in a season. They were already the first team to start 4 quarterbacks in a season and make the playoffs.

To be successful like they are, their HC/OC knows how to call an offense. I bet they are regretting that Watson trade/contract if he can plug and play PJ Walker and off the couch Joe Flacco in and win. It also helps they have an amazing defense.

Flacco is one thing, PJ Walker an entirely different one. He's awful.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Flacco is one thing, PJ Walker an entirely different one. He's awful.
awful is an understatement. And remember as bad as Walker is, he started of Grier with the Panthers.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
He's pond scum.

He also has over $8.3 million in career earnings.
Your just jealous because you can’t afford an epic scooter like he has. You wish you were this cool.

Attachments

• C8A64D8A-84C3-4ACC-B0A3-266207975903.jpeg
    C8A64D8A-84C3-4ACC-B0A3-266207975903.jpeg
    165.1 KB · Views: 13

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
We can laugh at Driskel and take shots at him all we want but the guy has done very well for himself.

He’s a veteran NFL QB and he’s married to a very nice young lady and former UF cheerleader from Brandon Florida.

We should all be doing so poorly.
Imagine how good we would have all felt if a crystal ball could have shown us in 2011 that our two incoming QB recruits would still be playing in the NFL 13 years later.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Imagine how good we would have all felt if a crystal ball could have shown us in 2011 that our two incoming QB recruits would still be playing in the NFL 13 years later.

Driskett still being employed says more about the dearth of QB talent in the NFL than either of those two guys. I hate to say it, but it's true.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Driskett still being employed says more about the dearth of QB talent in the NFL than either of those two guys. I hate to say it, but it's true.
Driskel is just a guy that you depend on to be quiet and does his job (which isn't saying much). There is a value for just filling your role. There are guys on their couch who are more talented and smarter at the qb position than Driskel, but they won't accept their role and the pay that comes with that role.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Driskel is just a guy that you depend on to be quiet and does his job (which isn't saying much). There is a value for just filling your role. There are guys on their couch who are more talented and smarter at the qb position than Driskel, but they won't accept their role and the pay that comes with that role.

I remember watching him with Detroit a few seasons ago. First pass was a WR screen, second one was 5-yard hook, third one was a WR screen to the other side. By then, his arm was burning up. Three passes, seven total yards.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Over $8.3m in career earnings. That's really good for a 30 year old. Maybe not by NFL standards but by normal job standards it's amazing.

After thinking about it, I think you're probably right about the pond scum part. SOB was probably doing lines of coke off Muschamp's wife's ass 6 days a week and twice on Sunday's. Probably explains a lot about why Champ deservedly sabotaged Driskel's career.
We are all getting old and remembering things differently. During camp chump wanting to prove Driskels legs gave him the edge over Brissett took the red jerseys off the qbs. The team firmly backing Brisset lit Driskel up and injured his shoulder. I saw him being carted away myself from practice. Competition over right? Hell no Chump started him against Miami anyway, even after missing two weeks of practice. I think the donkey invented the term driskeling that day. I especially liked the last int into sixtuplit coverage to end the game. I've tried my best to forget those days so feel free to set me straight on my recollection.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Career scout team QB is a good gig, I guess. He is allegedly accurate in practice while wearing a no contact jersey, fast to simulate any running QB. emergency 3rd or 4th string quarterbacks are probably never going to be that good.

He gets a chance to extend his career win percentage, currently as 1-9, I think. It will take him up the list but I doubt he gets to the .048 win percentage to earn the crown as worst QB in history.

Last edited:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I remember watching him with Detroit a few seasons ago. First pass was a WR screen, second one was 5-yard hook, third one was a WR screen to the other side. By then, his arm was burning up. Three passes, seven total yards.

I watched him in the Detroit vs Dallas game a few years ago, after a good first drive, he was marginal at best. Dallas tried to hand them the game for 3 quarters, and wasn't good enough to take it. But he is cheap and smart enough to not create waves.

Would I want him on my team, hell no. But cannot fault a guy who knows who he is, and doesn't fight it.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I watched him in the Detroit vs Dallas game a few years ago, after a good first drive, he was marginal at best. Dallas tried to hand them the game for 3 quarters, and wasn't good enough to take it. But he is cheap and smart enough to not create waves.

Would I want him on my team, hell no. But cannot fault a guy who knows who he is, and doesn't fight it.

He'd have been an able fill-in for Ed McMahon.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
We are all getting old and remembering things differently. During camp chump wanting to prove Driskels legs gave him the edge over Brissett took the red jerseys off the qbs. The team firmly backing Brisset lit Driskel up and injured his shoulder. I saw him being carted away myself from practice. Competition over right? Hell no Chump started him against Miami anyway, even after missing two weeks of practice. I think the donkey invented the term driskeling that day. I especially liked the last int into sixtuplit coverage to end the game. I've tried my best to forget those days so feel free to set me straight on my recollection.

Yeah, that too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator