Jeff Driskel transferring to LA Tech

CharlieG

Oct 5, 2014
I really don't understand the insults and hate being thrown at Jeff Driskel. I know he did not live up to expectations (I cussed him many times over the last 4 years myself), but he tried his best, represented The University well and he is a FLORIDA GATOR
I hope he stays for his last year. He came in today and helped us win a bowl game. Having a 5th year Sr QB as a back up would be invaluable. Whatever he chooses, I wish him well.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Its because he has all the talent in the world, admitted he didnt work hard his first two years and still makes the kind of silly mental mistakes youd expect to be worked out in middle school.

DeltaGlamma

Born a Gator
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
I am sure some team somewhere will be impressed w/his fake handoff to ice the game yesterday....best fake EVA!!!

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I guess Driskel was no different than most top QB recruits where like 80% or so never pan out in college but the difference was unlike most of them Muschamp kept playing him even when it was clear he was lost out there.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He struggled without a doubt, but he also endured three offensive coordinators and it's also not clear whether he ever got any good tutoring on the position. I'll never be convinced we got the most out of this guy.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I think the biggest factor was once he got here Weis tried to make an athlete into a drop back passer. Then Pease continued along the same lines but wanted him to run sometimes...next Roper comes along and wants him to do the balance of both yet only when Muschamp would let them instead of pounding the ball between the tackles....Poor kid had to do to much thinking instead of playing. With a guy like him we should have just let him run option and use the pass off of rollouts and moving pockets which we heard so much about but never saw. Still not sure he would have been all that good but what happened to him was less on him and more on our piss poor offensive coaching over the last 4 years.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He was just clueless imo. I remember that look Roper would get when talking about Driskel picking things up in camp and you just knew what he was really thinking being forced to have him as his QB.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know why he doesn't just go pro. Mushchimp and Robby Andreu assured us that pro scouts consider him a first round draft choice.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I was hoping he'd transfer to fsu

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Terry Bradshaw went to La. Tech.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Wow...just finish your career on the bench at UF dude

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What happened to baseball?

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
G 2;n144646 said:
What happened to baseball?

I don't think baseball was ever really a viable option. He was drafted in the last round I believe. I don't think he's played organized baseball since his junior year of HS. Last round guys get no bonus to speak of and make about $800 a month. Chances of a major league pro career are minimal at best.

I've always stuck up for Jeff but this last year he has digressed to the point that I don't think even the best QB coach could resurrect him. He was dealt a bad hand from the very beginning when Meyer left and it's all gone down hill from there. He's had some of the worst coaching I've ever seen, has lost all confidence and has none of the necessary QB swagger and chutzpah.

If you saw him play in high school you would swear it's not the same guy.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
In addition to Williston's post:

@onlygators: Updated via reports: Former Florida #Gators QB Jeff Driskel headed to Louisiana Tech - http://t.co/EppzDMierL

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator