Jeff Driskel's (Bulldog turned Bengal) last game?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Bengals versus Washington Indians on Sunday. Lots of rumors they aren't going to waste a roster spot on him again.

What do you Driscoll lovers think? is it still just poor coaching?

Is it more amazing that he actually lasted a year in the NFL?

Last edited:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm surprised he hung on to a team like the Bengals. He might make a practice squad, or a position change.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
They only have 3 QBs in camp so if they were to cut him they would need to sign someone else I think because they carry 3 QBs on their active roster usually. I was really surprised Cincy signed him that first season after SF cut him. I guess they did solely based on his physical traits.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
They only have 3 QBs in camp so if they were to cut him they would need to sign someone else I think because they carry 3 QBs on their active roster usually. I was really surprised Cincy signed him that first season after SF cut him. I guess they did solely based on his physical traits.

If they are going to use McCarron as trade bait, as has been rumored. Maybe they keep Driskel on because he at least knows the offense?

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Whether they keep him or not, I'm really happy for him that he got the opportunity and life experience to play on an NFL team. I certainly did not foresee that.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If they are going to use McCarron as trade bait, as has been rumored. Maybe they keep Driskel on because he at least knows the offense?

That would be a sight to see if Driskel had to go in because Dalton went down. I think it might resemble that Missouri game he had here.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Bengals versus Washington Indians on Sunday. Lots of rumors they aren't going to waste a roster spot on him again.

What do you Driscoll lovers think? is it still just poor coaching?

Is it more amazing that he actually lasted a year in the NFL?

I don't know that the kid was NFL talent, but I think poor coaching prevented him from being better than he was.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Driskel gets a complete pass (pun intended) from me due to the sh!t parade he had for coaching while at UF. It's shameful any of our players had to endure that era...

IMG_3256.PNG

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't give him a complete pass because he played in a real friendly pass offense at La Tech mostly going against easier defenses. The QB the next year had a higher rating than he did. I think he would have never made it in SEC play to become a good QB despite what coaching he got. Its nice he might get a few years on an NFL roster despite his issues however.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Have you seen how bad the backup QB's are in the NFL? I think he'll be holding a clipboard for someone for many years to come.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Driskel gets a complete pass (pun intended) from me due to the sh!t parade he had for coaching while at UF. It's shameful any of our players had to endure that era...

View attachment 6873

Me too. He basically only had one year of solid coaching before going to the nfl. I'm impressed with what he has accomplished considering all he needed to learn. He's been on the bengals roster since preseason 2016 after they acquired him off waivers. From what I have read, the bengals like him. I think if he were going to be cut, they'd have done it by now.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Have you seen how bad the backup QB's are in the NFL? I think he'll be holding a clipboard for someone for many years to come.
Yeah but usually they want someone who has at least the possibility of completing a forward pass.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Jeff Driskel...we hardly knew you.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He's old news to me. Don't care if he flips burgers at McD's!

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Jeff's a Gator and I love him, but can we be honest here?

1) He seldom showed himself able to read coverage or make the correct decision under pressure, and God knows he was under enough pressure in Muschamp's four-corners offense.
2) He relied too much on his running ability, which is okay in college but won't cut it in the NFL.
3) Urban Meyer, who recruited him to be Tim II, has developed how many NFL quarterbacks not named Alex Smith?

Wish him well.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Jeff's a Gator and I love him, but can we be honest here?

1) He seldom showed himself able to read coverage or make the correct decision under pressure, and God knows he was under enough pressure in Muschamp's four-corners offense.
2) He relied too much on his running ability, which is okay in college but won't cut it in the NFL.
3) Urban Meyer, who recruited him to be Tim II, has developed how many NFL quarterbacks not named Alex Smith?

Wish him well.
Last I checked it's not Urbans job to get them ready for the NFL but to win in college. How's he done there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.