Jim McElwain's comments merely latest reason to start the clock on exit

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He wasn't my first choice and might not have been top 10 but he was light years ahead of muscrap and butters on my list. I would have taken him in a heartbeat over those buffoons...if I were AD it wouldn't have even occurred to me to interview them

what if you were AD and turned down?

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
It is obvious that Jim McElwain is at war with Gator Nation, the fans, the peeps who ultimately pay his salary. Never in the history of sports has a war vs. fans ended well. He has insulted us in so many ways, not the least of which is his refusal to make obviously needed changes to the program and with yesterday's allegations which painted all Gator fans as crazed loonies. UAA, Scott Stricklin, and President Fuchs need to step in NOW, and end this NOW, to prevent the great name of my alma mater, THE University of Florida, from further embarrassments by this man.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Been a Gator all my life and I cannot remember anytime as bad as this. Disappointing loser of a coach is one thing, but to open fire on Gator Nation for no reason (does ANYBODY believe this death threat BS that he's spouting?)... just cut him loose. Put the law dept on "fire for cause", find something to charge him with and cancel his contract. At this point I really don't care if the rest of 'em hang around for the end of this demolished season but McElwain has to hit the road. He's not a Gator, never has been - the fukkr

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
"When Grier (above) spoke with McElwain after the 2015 season, McElwain told him it would be best if both sides started anew. Grier told me he believes McElwain forced him out so he could win with his own player (Grier was recruited by Muschamp)."

Great talent evaluator

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
He wasn't my first choice and might not have been top 10 but he was light years ahead of muscrap and butters on my list. I would have taken him in a heartbeat over those buffoons...if I were AD it wouldn't have even occurred to me to interview them

If you were an AD and you thought YOU not any coach made the football program at UF, then guys like Muschamp and McElwain would be just who you would interview. If you think the UF job is a tough but top flight job, then you go after the best. It will be interesting to see what Strickland does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator