Jim McElwain's comments merely latest reason to start the clock on exit

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
You think Frost will coach the UCF Bowl game or hand it off to get a jump on recruiting and pulling our class together? Probably depends on if they are the group of 5 representative in one of the major bowls.

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
Matt Hayes stated a staffer told him McElwain did some good things that get overlooked.

Will someone here tell me what he did in Gainesville that was good?

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
Matt Hayes stated a staffer told him McElwain did some good things that get overlooked.

I can't think of a single way in which the program is in a better place now than it was under Muschamp. Perhaps somebody can find one but I haven't.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WE got Mac fired or got him to resign or part ways with UF. GCMB is the ones that got Mac GONE forever. WE did this so give yourselves a round to applause!!

:bananadance:

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Unless he produces some legit evidence and turns it over to authorities, I think Mac gets fired this weekend. This is unprofessional on a level that we haven't seen since Zook went to the frat house. And the administration should challenge every cent of his buyout.

88drgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
WE got Mac fired or got him to resign or part ways with UF. GCMB is the ones that got Mac GONE forever. WE did this so give yourselves a round to applause!!

:bananadance:
No. You shouldn't have sent him threats. Now they have to keep him.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Something else here. Maybe it's been mentioned. Mac's statement about receiving death threats might not be as huge a deal if he only limited it to his family. However, he included the players. To then not cooperate with the administration should be a fireable offense. If true, he's putting them at serious risk. If he's lying, what kind of coach brings his players into that kind of lie? He's lost any credibility with those players. He can't lead them any more.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Unless he produces some legit evidence and turns it over to authorities, I think Mac gets fired this weekend. This is unprofessional on a level that we haven't seen since Zook went to the frat house. And the administration should challenge every cent of his buyout.

I doubt legally they could get out of paying him all that money based on his specific statement even if he refused to say what happened.

FlGator19382

Oct 7, 2017
"When Grier (above) spoke with McElwain after the 2015 season, McElwain told him it would be best if both sides started anew. Grier told me he believes McElwain forced him out so he could win with his own player (Grier was recruited by Muschamp)."

Great talent evaluator

Just goes to show you how arrogant Butters is lol. He really thought that Del Taco was better than Grier.

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
I doubt legally they could get out of paying him all that money based on his specific statement even if he refused to say what happened.

Publicly disparaging the base of support that makes up the University's economic livelihood is enough to at least entertain the thought. However, claiming there has been death threats made against players, and not turning it over to the authorities is negligence of their safety and well-being, and that is definitely grounds for immediate dismissal, for cause.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017

He started bringing in offensive talent again (granted their poorly coached and not developed, but they have shown good unrefined skill), the facilities upgrades (haven't heard they were in the works before him), and ....he gives The Bowl the trembles?

I'm trying here.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Publicly disparaging the base of support that makes up the University's economic livelihood is enough to at least entertain the thought. However, claiming there has been death threats made against players, and not turning it over to the authorities is negligence of their safety and well-being, and that is definitely grounds for immediate dismissal, for cause.

That is why I am ticked he only used the word threat specifically with regards to the players. Any remark could be said to be a threat probably by the lawyers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.