Picture of Jimbo heading to the airport in Tallacrappy
4802406200_7e87595999_b.jpg

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@PeteThamel: Source: Florida State's top two candidates to replace Jimbo Fisher are Oregon's Willie Taggart and Virginia Tech's Justin Fuente.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Did I miss when we actually engaged Taggart in anyway?
Let's put it this way, about a month ago Taggart publicly stated at a press conference he had no desire to coach at Florida. Whether we asked or he was putting us down before it got there, we don't know.

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
My guess is that if there is one coach that Saban really doesn't want to face every year, it's Jimbo.Sadly, we all know that he has no fear of Dan.
What are you talking about?! Sabans ain't afraid of that one hit Winston wonder clown

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Getting either Taggart or Fuentes will be a step down. Good news for us.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Let's put it this way, about a month ago Taggart publicly stated at a press conference he had no desire to coach at Florida. Whether we asked or he was putting us down before it got there, we don't know.

Let's not forget that a big part of this whole Fisher mess is Sexton(also WT's agent) "leaking" info about his coach being courted by another school. That's his m.o and has been for years.

I don't hang on every word from Stricklin, but this is one of those "don't believe everything you hear" situations. I'd be shocked if we put feelers out to a sitting coach midseason, then decided to pursue the biggest name and someone we could land immediately. It would make zero sense.

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
This may have been mentioned, but College Station will soon have a Waco like atmosphere with the rape coverups when Briles was running things at Baylor.
He will definitely miss his friends at the TPD and Tally State Attorneys office.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

OK... coaches never lie about jobs at press conferences..., but I don't think we ever reached out... so I wouldn't say he turned us down.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Sometimes rumors are correct, perhaps we can get some Florida talent that does not want to go to TAM?

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
@ZachDeanDBNJ: The best part about this whole FSU saga is that the Noles have a game tomorrow that they rescheduled just to possibly be bowl eligible. And now they don't have a coach. Hollywood couldn't have written better dramas than #FSU and #Tennessee gave us this week

And the best part of the drama it appears to be an ongoing TV series, not a one-time release B-movie.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Rick Ballou backed up Tomahawknation. Reports a players only meeting is going on right now. They are discussing Jimbo Fisher. If he stays to coach the game on Saturday, they won't play.

Be prepared to find ESPN 30/30 replays of "CFB Gone Bad" showing UT's debacle and FSU no-play protest.
I also agree > Mullen should use a Roomba to suck up 4-5* recruits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator