John Hevesy threatened to Whitey Bulger Nick Fitzgerald’s knee caps

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I love him even more.

We dont need snowflake offensive lineman.

Our HS couch sometimes threw couches or full soda cans (thats right cokes and mountain dew were considered performance drinks).

You didn't take your helmet off at halftime if we were losing.

Last edited:

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
I told my 8 y/o during halftime at his game Sat. if he missed another sack on the qb in the second half I was coming on the field and kicking him in his ass so hard his nose would bleed.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Good response:

"Sam Esposito told me to go sit on the bench and not move till Jesus came back. And even then I needed to check with him 1st"

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
My HS coach was old school. No water. 3-4 hour practices. Start with over 40 kids and barely had 20 before the first game. He didnt talk shtt he WAS the shttt.......but we won games and going both ways that endurance helped.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
NickyFitz is being generous here. I coached him his freshman year in high school at Richmond Hill and I had to use much harsher tactics to toughen him up. The kid had talent, but his mental weakness was destined to be his undoing. I have to say I take a lot of credit for his success, as hard as the transition was for both of us.

I started out with the usual stuff - comments about his sexual preferences and about complaints the equipment manager was giving me over the brown smears in his uniform pants, etc.. I made sure to do this loudly and usually when there were girls within earshot. He would get angry and fired up and it did help him play better and with more intensity - for a while.

At some point, I realized I had to ratchet it up, so I started having some very close conversations with him about how I had been balling his mother. This drove him nuts, as he was from a broken family and had seen his share of awful men come and go in his house, but man was he able to play better than ever before. He absolutely hated me but the more I tormented him about his mother the harder he played. Finally, though, he'd had enough and took a swing at me. Didn't do much damage, but I called the authorities anyway. He ended up spending a short amount of time in juvie, where some unspeakable things happened to him. I'm convinced all this helped toughen him up and made him a better QB. He got suspended because of it for his sophomore year. All this is well documented, many division I schools shied away from him because of it. When he emerged his Junior year he was a different kid. My efforts had molded him into a man and a top-notch college prospect.

A few years ago we had a beer and buried the hatchet. He actually thanked me, and rightly so. I have no doubt he'd be a nobody right now if it wasn't for my efforts. He also realized the effort and sacrifices I made for him. In order to make the toughening up experience more authentic for him, I often risked a DUI by driving to his mother's house at 2:30 in the morning. It was worth it in the end, and I'd do it again, and I'm sure although he'd rather keep the episode between us, he'll thank me more when he looks back on his successful NFL career.

Last edited:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Man my high school OC used to light my ass up in practice every single day. He'd take some seriously deep shots at me, too. Made me a better player, though. My senior year, we had a road game that we lost, but I had played what was by far the best game I'd ever played (on both offense and defense). After the game, in the locker room, he came and sat down next to me and told me how proud he was that I played as hard and as well as I had, and gave me a hug. I about sh*t myself, but instead I just wept. Man I hated losing. Football is emotional stuff. :lol:

Funniest thing a coach has ever said to me was my freshman year of college. I had screwed something up on the scout offense, and the DC screamed at the top of his lungs that he'd run me till my balls fell off if I messed up again. I caught a never-ending ration of sh*t from my teammates after that one. :lol:

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Our high school coach gave the greatest post game speech ever one time after we lost in a blow out to the cross town rivals.

<in a Kentucky twang with quiet earnestness>
"Boys, you're gonna go home tonight and your mom and your dad are gonna tell you <placing his hand on the shoulder and looking into the eyes of a lineman> 'Son, you played a good game."

"WELL DON'T BELIEVE'EM 'CAUSE YOU SUCK!!!!" <hurling helmet into locker as nearly an incoherent stream of profanity erupts.>

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
My HS coach was old school. No water. 3-4 hour practices. Start with over 40 kids and barely had 20 before the first game. He didnt talk shtt he WAS the shttt.......but we won games and going both ways that endurance helped.

Hasn't it been proven that dehydration causes brain damage?

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Hasn't it been proven that dehydration causes brain damage?
Most of us went on to college and did fine............we were all born in the 50s so we played outside and worked outside all the time.........
of course it would kill most of them now.........

Last edited:

Albert

Enormous Member
Aug 22, 2014
When I was a sophomore in hs a bunch of seniors were arrested for drinking on a Friday night. At the end of the following Monday evening practice ( summer 2 a days), after a ton of wind sprint conditioning, Coach made all 56 of us line up single file and get on our hands and knees. 1/2 mile of leapfrogs ensued. Everyone puked to left of, right of, and upon each other. But we won state that year...

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I love him even more.

We dont need snowflake offensive lineman.

Our HS couch sometimes threw couches or full soda cans (thats right cokes and mountain dew were considered performance drinks).

You didn't take your helmet off at halftime if we were losing.
You’re sounding pumperish again. Careful, you might start enjoying Gator football.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator