Founding Member
says 90 proof..............
if-rum-cant-fix-it-youre-notusing-enough-rum-36865074.png

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Our high school coach gave the greatest post game speech ever one time after we lost in a blow out to the cross town rivals.

<in a Kentucky twang with quiet earnestness>
"Boys, you're gonna go home tonight and your mom and your dad are gonna tell you <placing his hand on the shoulder and looking into the eyes of a lineman> 'Son, you played a good game."

"WELL DON'T BELIEVE'EM 'CAUSE YOU SUCK!!!!" <hurling helmet into locker as nearly an incoherent stream of profanity erupts.>

:lmao:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I feel dumber every time I'm forced to read a tweet. Twitter is a scourge on this world.

GatorAuthor

Bringing Prestige Worldwide
Feb 24, 2016
Or just a term applied to whiners. Swampgas is a safer space - you might like it better.

Been there one time and couldn’t stand it. Bunch of namby pamby types. Seems like those panties got in a wad pretty quick there, Seebee. Have a drink and take some deep breaths.

Quick observation, though: someone disagrees with you, so you call them a name and suggest they should leave. Gosh, I wonder whose playbook you got that from.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Our high school coach gave the greatest post game speech ever one time after we lost in a blow out to the cross town rivals.

<in a Kentucky twang with quiet earnestness>
"Boys, you're gonna go home tonight and your mom and your dad are gonna tell you <placing his hand on the shoulder and looking into the eyes of a lineman> 'Son, you played a good game."

"WELL DON'T BELIEVE'EM 'CAUSE YOU SUCK!!!!" <hurling helmet into locker as nearly an incoherent stream of profanity erupts.>

I don't think I've ever laughed as much at anything posted on this board as I did after reading this.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Been there one time and couldn’t stand it. Bunch of namby pamby types. Seems like those panties got in a wad pretty quick there, Seebee. Have a drink and take some deep breaths.

Quick observation, though: someone disagrees with you, so you call them a name and suggest they should leave. Gosh, I wonder whose playbook you got that from.
You seem awfully triggered. Just looking out for you. This place chews up the soft.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
There just isn't enough time or space to go into some of the things that I have heard from coach's back in the days.....

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Some of the toughest coaches I ever had were when I played Pop Warner for the North Edison Shamrocks. I had this one guy who was this big crusty tug boat captain who cursed like the sailor he was. The strings of profanities that came out of his mouth were legend. One of the favorites I remember him yelling at me was for me to "take the f**king tampon out of my a$$". I was 10.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Some of the toughest coaches I ever had were when I played Pop Warner for the North Edison Shamrocks. I had this one guy who was this big crusty tug boat captain who cursed like the sailor he was. The strings of profanities that came out of his mouth were legend. One of the favorites I remember him yelling at me was for me to "take the f**king tampon out of my a$$". I was 10.
:lmao2:

Waiting patiently on @PastyStoole to do his magic.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
My JV coach in 10th grade was a polio survivor and had to use crutches to walk. He had the kind that braced on his wrists. He would stand on the blocking sled and whack our helmets. We LOVED that guy.

We went undefeated and averaged 32 PPG and gave up less than 6.

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015
I have heard that Hevesy told freshman OL Kingsley Eguakan that his mom should have had the abortion.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
NickyFitz is being generous here. I coached him his freshman year in high school at Richmond Hill and I had to use much harsher tactics to toughen him up. The kid had talent, but his mental weakness was destined to be his undoing. I have to say I take a lot of credit for his success, as hard as the transition was for both of us.

I started out with the usual stuff - comments about his sexual preferences and about complaints the equipment manager was giving me over the brown smears in his uniform pants, etc.. I made sure to do this loudly and usually when there were girls within earshot. He would get angry and fired up and it did help him play better and with more intensity - for a while.

At some point, I realized I had to ratchet it up, so I started having some very close conversations with him about how I had been balling his mother. This drove him nuts, as he was from a broken family and had seen his share of awful men come and go in his house, but man was he able to play better than ever before. He absolutely hated me but the more I tormented him about his mother the harder he played. Finally, though, he'd had enough and took a swing at me. Didn't do much damage, but I called the authorities anyway. He ended up spending a short amount of time in juvie, where some unspeakable things happened to him. I'm convinced all this helped toughen him up and made him a better QB. He got suspended because of it for his sophomore year. All this is well documented, many division I schools shied away from him because of it. When he emerged his Junior year he was a different kid. My efforts had molded him into a man and a top-notch college prospect.

A few years ago we had a beer and buried the hatchet. He actually thanked me, and rightly so. I have no doubt he'd be a nobody right now if it wasn't for my efforts. He also realized the effort and sacrifices I made for him. In order to make the toughening up experience more authentic for him, I often risked a DUI by driving to his mother's house at 2:30 in the morning. It was worth it in the end, and I'd do it again, and I'm sure although he'd rather keep the episode between us, he'll thank me more when he looks back on his successful NFL career.
e57b8f34d7aedf99-20-gifs-that-perfectly-express-how-hot-it-is-outside.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator