Juco offensive tackle sets official for December

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
;)
I take offense to that Crete! I was one of those little bastards at 200 lbs!;). However I totally agree w' you. I hated seeing those big suckers running free at me.
Did you see what Taylor did to Mizzou's DB? I damned near called FHP to report a hit & run....

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It doesn't bother me as much that he gets beat by a good edge rusher....what pisses me off is when he has the chance to decapitate a DB or LB he does some sort of swan dive BS and tries to nick them with a fore arm as he flies past them...He needs to annihilate those little bastards and then go find someone else in the other color jersey to ruin their day....
If our linemen blocked like mark Thompson, we'd be in good shape.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Would love to get another Big Guy on that OL. Does a position coach come with him????

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
It doesn't bother me as much that he gets beat by a good edge rusher....what pisses me off is when he has the chance to decapitate a DB or LB he does some sort of swan dive BS and tries to nick them with a fore arm as he flies past them...He needs to annihilate those little bastards and then go find someone else in the other color jersey to ruin their day....
Dude just doesn't put forth the effort (we need to win a championship) on any front. Yet...(According to people who know him) he thinks he's a 1st or early 2nd round pick and is going pro after this season :lol:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Im really tired of these two to two and a half year wonders who dont put out any significant effort while here and who care nothing about winning and only about the combine.

GatorRaz

Gator Fan in Enemy Territory!!!
Dec 12, 2014
Did you see what Taylor did to Mizzou's DB? I damned near called FHP to report a hit & run....
Yes, it was awesome. It may be the same play but, he also had a play near the sideline where he just manhandled a defender!

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Yes, it was awesome. It may be the same play but, he also had a play near the sideline where he just manhandled a defender!
He is a beast....plain and simple. Six games into his career and he's better than Ivey or Sharpe IMO....If we had another decent Tackle he could move inside to Guard and absolutely dominate there.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
320? Isn't he a little big? We want the 250 pound undersized guys.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
It's gotten to the point where I'd almost rather see a 3 star who has good size and built like a bulldozer than a 4 or 5 star offensive lineman who is under weight but has "good feet".....it all starts with power and size up front and the rest takes care of it's self.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Im really tired of these two to two and a half year wonders who dont put out any significant effort while here and who care nothing about winning and only about the combine.

Agree and hopefully Mac will build the depth to sit these guys on the bench if they are "me" guys and not "team" guys. I think he is working on fixing the OL depth issue, he got dealt a really bad hand on the OL front.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think he is working on fixing the OL depth issue, he got dealt a really bad hand on the OL front.

You hit the nail on the head. He has made HUGE strides in building depth for the OLine, but we were in such crazy terrible shape, he had a tough hill to climb out of. Having no depth, and questionable talent in the few OLinemen we had when he arrived, he was set up for a rough few years until he could get enough depth to survive injuries. We were going to have a year or two of offensive struggles based on lack of OLine depth alone. How some people don't understand that, is beyond me. Seems fairly obvious to me.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Agree and hopefully Mac will build the depth to sit these guys on the bench if they are "me" guys and not "team" guys. I think he is working on fixing the OL depth issue, he got dealt a really bad hand on the OL front.
Case in point, I mentioned him earlier, but Forsythe is huge and I guess he either sucks really bad or is red shirting.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

He's "working" on it...but needs to work harder. We have ONE commit so far, and he's been flirting w/ Miami. We need no less than 3 in this class....preferably 5. I don't see that happening. This JUCO kid would be a nice addition, but they are hit and miss. Hopefully we flip Leatherwood and land Ruiz or another top kid. And PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, I hope they have a Plan B or two on the hook. Hell, go offer a kid committed to USF or UCF! But we can't have an OL class again w/ only one or two signees.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator