Just so ya'll know

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
I was out walking around Kauai yesterday afternoon when I came upon this couch sitting on the side of the road. The sign is really what caught my attention. Free or I pay.jpg

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Hawaii was nice to visit. Glad that I'm home for 3 weeks though. Supposed to fly back out to Kauai on the 30th...

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Hawaii was nice to visit. Glad that I'm home for 3 weeks though. Supposed to fly back out to Kauai on the 30th...
giphy-gif-fr-gif.841500

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
That’s got to be same the one! Gren, am I right in thinking you are in Valdosta? My daughter lives there and we are over that way frequently.

I saw you posted, in another thread (gas too high maybe?), that you "were in Valdosta". I was wondering what brings you here and now I know.
:thumbup:

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I saw you posted, in another thread (gas too high maybe?), that you "were in Valdosta". I was wondering what brings you here and now I know.
:thumbup:
We enjoy going over that way to check on my daughter. Last time we went through Barney and hit the peach orchard (Burton Brooks). Peaches were ready as well as the water melons. Good peach ice cream too. Valdosta isn’t huge, but it’s got some good restaurants and what not. Daughter enjoyed going to school there as well as living there.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
We enjoy going over that way to check on my daughter. Last time we went through Barney and hit the peach orchard (Burton Brooks). Peaches were ready as well as the water melons. Good peach ice cream too. Valdosta isn’t huge, but it’s got some good restaurants and what not. Daughter enjoyed going to school there as well as living there.

I love it that it's not huge as St. Augustine has gotten out of control.

I wish we had more seafood options in Dosta but Bubba Jax Crab Shack is the best in town. I just wished they'd butterfly their shrimp vs frying em up uncut.

Businesses like Valdosta because the local government here is conservative and wants to capture and promote new business. The community is God fearin, military friendly and comes out in force for local HS football. It's been a great place really.

Maybe a great place for NV's wife. :fistbump:

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I love it that it's not huge as St. Augustine has gotten out of control.

I wish we had more seafood options in Dosta but Bubba Jax Crab Shack is the best in town. I just wished they'd butterfly their shrimp vs frying em up uncut.

Businesses like Valdosta because the local government here is conservative and wants to capture and promote new business. The community is God fearin, military friendly and comes out in force for local HS football. It's been a great place really.

Maybe a great place for NV's wife. :fistbump:
St. Augustine is pretty thick. NV ought to enjoy it. Seems like there’s quite a few real estate opportunities. Definitely can’t beat the HS Football! Question for you…have you ever eaten at the Chop House right off the next exit north of St. Augustine? We’ve seen it but never stopped. Son has a friend that works in Valdosta and ate there during a visit. Said it was pretty good. Always like to get a second opinion, however!

Last edited:

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
At. Augustine is pretty thick. NV ought to enjoy it. Seems like there’s quite a few real estate opportunities. Definitely can’t beat the HS Football! Question for you…have you ever eaten at the Chop House right off the next exit north of St. Augustine? We’ve seen it but never stopped. Son has a friend that works in Valdosta and ate there during a visit. Said it was pretty good. Always like to get a second opinion, however!

I have. I was NOT impressed but they were fairly new from just opening. Maybe been open 2 or 3 months so who knows if that was a factor. Now though, the locals lap it up like it's Bern's or Ruth's Cris. I mean, it is good food but not at their price point. I can do better in my kitchen and on my grill at home IMO. I'd say you should give it a try and come back and give us your .02

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I have. I was NOT impressed but they were fairly new from just opening. Maybe been open 2 or 3 months so who knows if that was a factor. Now though, the locals lap it up like it's Bern's or Ruth's Cris. I mean, it is good food but not at their price point. I can do better in my kitchen and on my grill at home IMO. I'd say you should give it a try and come back and give us your .02
Will probably give it a shot on one of these next trips, though I’m like you and can always burn a pretty good steak at home.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Just finished making my arrangements to go back to Kauai again. Going to Colorado Springs on July 27th for a couple of days first though then I'll fly out of Denver to Lihue on July 30th. Hope I get to come back home around the 24th of August.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator