Just so ya'll know

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
where the Northwood Mall used to be (it has been leveled!)

What Is It Reaction GIF by Nebraska Humane Society

Damn! That was my go-to as a kid..
Also where I got my drivers license.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
The story of your grandparents sounds about right! There’s a lot of planning that goes on around the church crowds.

It sounds like you’ve got a lot of work ahead of you. Do you dry, freeze or can the peas?

Very kind of the missus to make the trek over to Jacksonville for her cousin. It must be a special friendship for her to go there. It would take a lot to get me to go to Jville. Please tell me you at least wear a cowboy hat while you ride your “mule!”

My daughter’s 4th grade teacher retired and moved to Alligator Point. She’s in charge of the nesting sea turtles. I’m going to try to go on a morning walk with her to check the nests one day this week. That might be the most exciting thing I do while I’m here.

I would have gone for a walk around the pond this morning but it turns out I brought two left shoes with me. :lol:

View attachment 44678
Maybe you can go dancing? :dunno:

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The story of your grandparents sounds about right! There’s a lot of planning that goes on around the church crowds.

It sounds like you’ve got a lot of work ahead of you. Do you dry, freeze or can the peas?

Very kind of the missus to make the trek over to Jacksonville for her cousin. It must be a special friendship for her to go there. It would take a lot to get me to go to Jville. Please tell me you at least wear a cowboy hat while you ride your “mule!”

My daughter’s 4th grade teacher retired and moved to Alligator Point. She’s in charge of the nesting sea turtles. I’m going to try to go on a morning walk with her to check the nests one day this week. That might be the most exciting thing I do while I’m here.

I would have gone for a walk around the pond this morning but it turns out I brought two left shoes with me. :lol:

View attachment 44678
She and her cousin are very close. The cousin has been dealing with breast cancer and is being treated at Mayo. My wife has assumed the role of family caretake. As for the cowboy hat, I usually wear a big straw hat to keep the sun off as much as possible. Maybe it’s a Chinese Rice Picking Cowboy hat!?

Enjoy Alligator Point, but if walking go barefoot if you can. That pair of shoes will have you walking in circles! Btw averaged 10 two-cup bags of peas for each hamper. Still have the butter beans to finish tomorrow.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
She and her cousin are very close. The cousin has been dealing with breast cancer and is being treated at Mayo. My wife has assumed the role of family caretake. As for the cowboy hat, I usually wear a big straw hat to keep the sun off as much as possible. Maybe it’s a Chinese Rice Picking Cowboy hat!?

Enjoy Alligator Point, but if walking go barefoot if you can. That pair of shoes will have you walking in circles! Btw averaged 10 two-cup bags of peas for each hamper. Still have the butter beans to finish tomorrow.

There’s a farmers market tomorrow morning on Kerry Forest PKWY that I’ll stop at before going on to the beach. Didn’t you mention Corkers Farm in Calvary? They have a stand. I can take some peas home with me along with a cooler of seafood.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
There’s a farmers market tomorrow morning on Kerry Forest PKWY that I’ll stop at before going on to the beach. Didn’t you mention Corkers Farm in Calvary? They have a stand. I can take some peas home with me along with a cooler of seafood.

Not familiar with Corker’s. The one we have used for the last few years is Open Air Market in Calvary owned by Bob Maxwell (229)377-9855. If Corker’s has some peas, by all means take some with you. We’ve paid $40/hamper this year, which is about $8 more than last year, but everything else is up and if you want them you’ve gotta pay. If you keep the bags on ice, they will be fine for your trip home. Let us know how puttin’ them up goes. Drive safely and steer clear of them old Jane folks.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Not familiar with Corker’s. The one we have used for the last few years is Open Air Market in Calvary owned by Bob Maxwell (229)377-9855. If Corker’s has some peas, by all means take some with you. We’ve paid $40/hamper this year, which is about $8 more than last year, but everything else is up and if you want them you’ve gotta pay. If you keep the bags on ice, they will be fine for your trip home. Let us know how puttin’ them up goes. Drive safely and steer clear of them old Jane folks.
Thanks, I’ll be referencing your other “how to” post on the peas.
On the way down I stayed in Atlanta with my niece. They took me out on the town which was a lot of fun but it was definitely out of my comfort zone. The neighborhood was a bit sketchy but that’s another story. I thought about staying with her again Monday night but will see how the weekend goes.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Thanks, I’ll be referencing your other “how to” post on the peas.
On the way down I stayed in Atlanta with my niece. They took me out on the town which was a lot of fun but it was definitely out of my comfort zone. The neighborhood was a bit sketchy but that’s another story. I thought about staying with her again Monday night but will see how the weekend goes.
EVERY neighborhood in Atlanta is, at a minimum, a bit sketchy

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
EVERY neighborhood in Atlanta is, at a minimum, a bit sketchy
True story
I was stopped at a red light when a man stands in front of my vehicle waving dollar bills in the air. Was it rude of me not to take them? :lol:

Passed another guy snorting something out of the palm of his hand. I was only 2 miles from my destination when I ended up in the wrong lane and suddenly back on I-75 again. It was like the Chutes and Ladders game where you are so close to your destination and then slide back to the bottom to start over again.

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Correct. The one in Colquitt does a buffet that is really good (country cooking),
I believe that I ate there when I went to visit my wife at a Colquitt hospital. Real good buffet, even had thin cornmeal fry bread.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I believe that I ate there when I went to visit my wife at a Colquitt hospital. Real good buffet, even had thin cornmeal fry bread.
That’s got to be same the one! Gren, am I right in thinking you are in Valdosta? My daughter lives there and we are over that way frequently.

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That’s got to be same the one! Gren, am I right in thinking you are in Valdosta? My daughter lives there and we are over that way frequently.
I live out from Jennings Fl about 30 miles from Valdosta. Doctors and shopping there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.