Justifiable negativity has overtaken the board

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
You know, the same way everyone knows the personal conversations between coaches and potential hires and the reasons people come here or dont.
No one knows for sure, but one has to assume it's one of two reasons (or a combination of both)...we don't make an attractive enough offer and/or they're worried about how long Mac will be here.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Ohhhhh, you just..know. I get it now.

I posted this in post #112, but you never responded. It talks about "knowing". This is based on our past season, and is vs. the 2 cupcakes. What's your take on this? Did you "know" anything after those two performances? Or did you think we were still working out the kinks? I remember some of Spurrier's teams not looking so good vs. the cupcakes. But if you look at game 1 especially, there were signs (here's the cut and paste from post 112 in this thread....again, that you never responded to):

For clarification of what DSS is saying, let's just look at this past season. In game 1, after all the talk, the hype, the SEC Network Special where we watched McElwain make Chris Doering a PBJ sandwich, all the talk about how LDR was just as good as Grier, etc, etc:

Game 1: the score was 10-7 at the start of the 4th quarter. UF had 10 points against UMass after 3 quarters of play. Luckily we scored 2 more TDs to make it 24-7. UMass went 2-10 this year. They gave up more than 24 points in every loss they had last year (so 9 other teams score more on them than we did). Think about that. The backup QB didn't take a single snap in this game. Not one! (you think him taking 15-20 4th quarter snaps and getting 4-6 passing attempts would have helped going into that Tennessee game??).

Game 3: When LDR got injured, in the middle of the 4th quarter, the score was 19-0. The UF starting QB should have been on the bench at this point in the game...instead he was still in, because we were struggling to score and move the ball, and he got injured. We won 32-0 (La Tech & Western Kentucky scored 45 on N. Texas, UTEP scored 52, Army 38, SMU 34).

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
North Texas and Umass are better than we thought and very underranked. lol. Remember that?

Last edited:

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I know we won those games. I know we probably could have done some things differently, but hindsight is always 20-20. I know we didn't know the future scores of any other games. I know it's easy to talk about all this now. I know I'm not happy with everything about the football program but I hope it will get better. I know this is an opinion board and that we all have them and that each poster is entitled to theirs. I know sometimes I'm wrong. I know sometimes other people are wrong. I know that's ok by me.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I know sometimes other people are wrong. I know that's ok by me.

And that's what separates you from others. We have several on this board who think it's a crime to be positive instead of the constant negativity that seems more acceptable. If you dare show any appreciation for anything positive about our football program, you'll be yelled at, and called all kinds of names including the much hated "pumper". I've never seen so many people absolutely opposed to anyone who doesn't hate our staff and football program like them.

I get that not everything is rosie about our football program right now, but is it really necessary to berate anyone and everyone who dares to show some hope? In EVERY SINGLE THREAD???

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Other than the personal benefit from venting I usually look at what effect will something have. Nothing that most if not any of us post here will impact the Gators in reality. So be negative if that makes you feel better, be optimistic if that is your desire. I try to be realistic by my own standards.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Other than the personal benefit from venting I usually look at what effect will something have. Nothing that most if not any of us post here will impact the Gators in reality. So be negative if that makes you feel better, be optimistic if that is your desire. I try to be realistic by my own standards.
This. Mac isn't hearing noise because of this forum. This forum has noise (and every place else does too) bc of Mac's performance. This forum doesn't mean much except to us.

There was this game where I didn't take the next opponent seriously and it caused us to lose the game. :lmao2: That's one of my favorite internet forumers to say. Let's not worry about team Y two weeks from now, we need to take team X seriously. Like we may lose the game if the dudes on the internet aren't focusing on the next game.

Our attitude or our focus really doesn't change the game.

But @sasquatch wearing his lucky underwear does.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

I don't have any issue with somebody sharing their thoughts. It's the constant attacks around here if you dare to see things differently than the negative crowd, that gets old fast.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I don't have any issue with somebody sharing their thoughts. It's the constant attacks around here if you dare to see things differently than the negative crowd, that gets old fast.

Some are just miserable in this life. They make medication for that.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I've always disliked the constant negativity, but every bit of it is warranted these days. I've been so down that I've largely ignored the hoops team. Maybe I should start following them more closely and it'll give me a better outlook.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Some are just miserable in this life. They make medication for that.

Your attempted insults are as bad as your grammar. Again, you don't know crap about anybody on here.

Coach WHite is going to make a run at SEC COY. Wait, I'm really positive on the b ball team. In fact, I am beyond impressed. I hope White can really bring in some stud recruits. They are scrappy bunch.

How does that fit your narrative? It doesn't because you are a giant POS that thinks because I KNOW Mac is garbage that I hate all things.

God, you're trash.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
There is alot of peer pressure when your 12. Things will get better. Ask mom to take you to the park.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Why don't you both just walk away from this one? It's obvious you don't see eye to eye and never will.

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
I posted this in post #112, but you never responded. It talks about "knowing". This is based on our past season, and is vs. the 2 cupcakes. What's your take on this? Did you "know" anything after those two performances? Or did you think we were still working out the kinks? I remember some of Spurrier's teams not looking so good vs. the cupcakes. But if you look at game 1 especially, there were signs (here's the cut and paste from post 112 in this thread....again, that you never responded to):

For clarification of what DSS is saying, let's just look at this past season. In game 1, after all the talk, the hype, the SEC Network Special where we watched McElwain make Chris Doering a PBJ sandwich, all the talk about how LDR was just as good as Grier, etc, etc:

Game 1: the score was 10-7 at the start of the 4th quarter. UF had 10 points against UMass after 3 quarters of play. Luckily we scored 2 more TDs to make it 24-7. UMass went 2-10 this year. They gave up more than 24 points in every loss they had last year (so 9 other teams score more on them than we did). Think about that. The backup QB didn't take a single snap in this game. Not one! (you think him taking 15-20 4th quarter snaps and getting 4-6 passing attempts would have helped going into that Tennessee game??).

Game 3: When LDR got injured, in the middle of the 4th quarter, the score was 19-0. The UF starting QB should have been on the bench at this point in the game...instead he was still in, because we were struggling to score and move the ball, and he got injured. We won 32-0 (La Tech & Western Kentucky scored 45 on N. Texas, UTEP scored 52, Army 38, SMU 34).
:exactly:

Thank you. This is exactly my point. Just like I knew Bama would kill us in the SEC title game in 2009 and the last two years.

The eye test. One bad uninspired game? Sure, it happens. The trends we've seen? That's different.

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
FWIW, I think that most of the ones viewed as negative on this board (myself included) don't want to be. I would love to be pumping my fists and doing cartwheels about how awesome Gator football is and how much fun it is to watch. I miss the days when it brought me joy. But that's just it...It DID ACTUALLY bring me joy at one time. Now, as I posted on an earlier thread, the offseason is when I have most peace and joy. While my life has gotten better, Gator football has gotten much worse. None of us want to feel this way about our beloved Gators. But for now anyway, we do. And we will continue to do so until we see radical change after the "offensive" (pun intended) display of football we've seen the last 7 seasons.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So far we are undefeated this year. Gators have WON and you have LOST. Gators offense is crap and ranked in the 100s and NEEDS to improve but the team as a whole FINISHED ranked in the top 15 where over a HUNDRED OTHER TEAMS would LOVE to be ranked. We were ranked #14 out of 128 schools so we are ranked over 114 schools. Do you think ANY of those 114 schools would want to be ranked #14??????!!!!! That is what I am saying!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator