Justifiable negativity has overtaken the board

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
And that's what separates you from others. We have several on this board who think it's a crime to be positive instead of the constant negativity that seems more acceptable. If you dare show any appreciation for anything positive about our football program, you'll be yelled at, and called all kinds of names including the much hated "pumper". I've never seen so many people absolutely opposed to anyone who doesn't hate our staff and football program like them.

I get that not everything is rosie about our football program right now, but is it really necessary to berate anyone and everyone who dares to show some hope? In EVERY SINGLE THREAD???
Nav is quickly becoming a fav for me. Maybe that hope we have reminds them of hope and change and that means Turrible awful and bad. They cant leave it over in that insane asylum called the PF

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't have any issue with somebody sharing their thoughts. It's the constant attacks around here if you dare to see things differently than the negative crowd, that gets old fast.

I just dont see the "attacks" like you do. I see gloomers and pumpers posting their opinions. But it's like the PF.... everyone is set in their belief and its like they dont even read the responses directed to them and are 100% unwilling to bend on their position. What makes it even better is when people get pissed that someone dares disagrees with their post. Pull up a seat, it's very entertaining. :popcorn:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Your attempted insults are as bad as your grammar. Again, you don't know crap about anybody on here.
But then you go on to say he is a big POS. That would imply you know quite a bit about him. Face it, we all read what each other write and form opinions. It is an easy thing to do. Some see you and law as angry and sad about our FB program. No doubt, it is far from Urban/SOS territory. Specially on offense. And fsu and bama have crushed us recently enough to cause despair (specially the fsu stuff). We all know this. Believe it or not we hate it too. But for Christ sake, it aint as bad a losing your job or losing friends or family or bad illness. And we all know that fckn pendelum will swing back. It always does and since we are UF and have the swamp and had SOS and the beach is close by (girls in bikinis) and have HUGE talent in Fla there is WAY more hope than most teams have. I like that we have all sides in here going at it. But we all are gators and care. Families fight so maybe we are more like family than we care to admit.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Families fight so maybe we are more like family than we care to admit.
This is how I see it - we all want the same thing. Sometimes families can be worse though, depending on your family. :lol:
If I were to meet y'all, even the posters I get into a 'scrape' with every now and again, I'm sure we'd get along just fine. Again, we all want the same thing. Go Gators!
:chomp:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
But then you go on to say he is a big POS. That would imply you know quite a bit about him. Face it, we all read what each other write and form opinions.

No...he thinks that I am a miserable person because I think Mac sucks as a head coach. Not true. So, yes, he's a pos for making such a false inference.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I don't go to other Gator boards except maybe from a link or to check out something specific someone else comments on. I've heard the opinion here many times that those boards are nothing but pumpers, and dissent or "realty" are not tolerated there. This place is not and will not be like that, which is great. However, it seems some are either afraid it will be or so set on proving it's not that they go out of their way to squash optimism.
So if, and I realize it's a big if, things turn around and the current regime proves some here wrong will they admit it?

Last edited:

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Twitter users reading this board

But the East was weak, so what they sucked and he ran Grier off, he can't recruit for crap, way overdue..Cheap Foley..where's the theme park?, (see recruits comment), not the way Saban..Harbaugh..Chip Kelly..the corner bag man would do it,
Shoulda already been fired.
:rolleyes4:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Twitter users reading this board

That lazy peanut butter and fluff eatin fvkktard probably does think he's doing a good job is the laughable part of it all.

Really, all he can do is repeat "Won the East" twice. We're the NEW MIZZU! That's the only arguable positive thing that has happened under his watch and it says more about Tinerc and Ugly than anything else, just like it did when MIZZU won twice. N

There is literally nothing that is going well under his watch. The reality is we are less competitive than we were under Chimp even, and getting worse. That says it all. At least Chimp could recruit and assemble a defense.

He loses 4 games a year just like Donnan and Zook.

He is the worst recruiter in 40 years, which is inexcusable. That is just outright LAZINESS. Show up late and hee haw.

And he's the only the second coach to have back to back 100+ offenses.

You tell yourself he is doing a good job if you want. It won't change what happens to him soon if he doesn't get his head out of his slow donkey azz.

PS HIRE SOME GAWDAMN COACHES AND GET YOUR FAT AZZ ON THE RECRUITING TRAIL.

Last edited:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
pessimist-glass-half-empty-optimist-glass-half-full-me-room-to-add-vodka.jpg

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
That lazy peanut butter and fluff eatin fvkktard probably does think he's doing a good job is the laughable part of it all.

Really, all he can do is repeat "Won the East" twice. We're the NEW MIZZU! That's the only arguable positive thing that has happened under his watch and it says more about Tinerc and Ugly than anything else, just like it did when MIZZU won twice. N

There is literally nothing that is going well under his watch. The reality is we are less competitive than we were under Chimp even, and getting worse. That says it all. At least Chimp could recruit and assemble a defense.

He loses 4 games a year just like Donnan and Zook.

He is the worst recruiter in 40 years, which is inexcusable. That is just outright LAZINESS. Show up late and hee haw.

And he's the only the second coach to have back to back 100+ offenses.

You tell yourself he is doing a good job if you want. It won't change what happens to him soon if he doesn't get his head out of his slow donkey azz.

PS HIRE SOME GAWDAMN COACHES AND GET YOUR FAT AZZ ON THE RECRUITING TRAIL.

Sometimes it is just so easy and too much fun to get some of you guys fired up!

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
That lazy peanut butter and fluff eatin fvkktard...

Fvkktard.

It's right up there with "wanker" as one of my favorite descriptive nouns.

I used it in a public, social setting recently, and while the women cringed and acted appalled, the men looked at me with respect...and a bit of envy.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
But the East was weak, so what they sucked and he ran Grier off, he can't recruit for crap, way overdue..Cheap Foley..where's the theme park?, (see recruits comment), not the way Saban..Harbaugh..Chip Kelly..the corner bag man would do it,
Shoulda already been fired.
:rolleyes4:
I kinda get what you're saying but from my POV I see Mac as a double edge sword.
Yes he addressed the facilities/ He hasn't capitalized on it though through recruiting....
He's won the East/ We're still losing 4 games a year and aren't even competitive against the big boys.....
We've amassed a decent offensive line/ We've let the numbers dwindle too low on the defensive line...
We've brought in decent WR's/ We still don't have a decent QB to get them the ball consistently enough....
We're beating the cupcakes on our schedule/ Not by enough to get deep enough into the rotation for future development of players
We see some well designed plays/ Offense is still at the bottom of CFB rankings...
He's added support staff that is needed to run a program/ We still have assistant coaches who aren't very good....
We've got good kickers/punter/ Special teams aren't very good..
He's beaten UGA 2 years in a row / He's 4-4 against rivals if you include LSU......AND 0-2 against the Clowns...

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I kinda get what you're saying but from my POV I see Mac as a double edge sword.
Yes he addressed the facilities/ He hasn't capitalized on it though through recruiting....
He's won the East/ We're still losing 4 games a year and aren't even competitive against the big boys.....
We've amassed a decent offensive line/ We've let the numbers dwindle too low on the defensive line...
We've brought in decent WR's/ We still don't have a decent QB to get them the ball consistently enough....
We're beating the cupcakes on our schedule/ Not by enough to get deep enough into the rotation for future development of players
We see some well designed plays/ Offense is still at the bottom of CFB rankings...
He's added support staff that is needed to run a program/ We still have assistant coaches who aren't very good....
We've got good kickers/punter/ Special teams aren't very good..
He's beaten UGA 2 years in a row / He's 4-4 against rivals if you include LSU......AND 0-2 against the Clowns...

Very good analysis, so if we just could address some of those negatives while maintaining progress on the positives we will be in a good place. Now for those that think we are going to be NC caliper every year that will take a long time and Bama is in our way. I would be happy to play much better, that will make me happy and win a lot of games as well.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Very good analysis, so if we just could address some of those negatives while maintaining progress on the positives we will be in a good place. Now for those that think we are going to be NC caliper every year that will take a long time and Bama is in our way. I would be happy to play much better, that will make me happy and win a lot of games as well.
It would be crazy to have expectations of winning a NC every year. Heck we've only won 3 with all of the great players and some very good coaches. I'd just like to get back to the place where we were in the discussion most years as well as get back to consistent top 10 finishes...I think we're about half way there.....Now it's up to Mac and co. to see if they can get us there.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
It would be crazy to have expectations of winning a NC every year. Heck we've only won 3 with all of the great players and some very good coaches. I'd just like to get back to the place where we were in the discussion most years as well as get back to consistent top 10 finishes...I think we're about half way there.....Now it's up to Mac and co. to see if they can get us there.

NC caliper means the same thing as being in the discussion. I would be satisfied by beating FSU about 50% of the time, but being a process person I insist that playing well results in victories, so manage the playing well and results will come. Now managing includes recruiting, developing, play calling, execution etc. We seem weak in recruiting and executing.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm gonna save that for this time next year

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online