Justus Reed to transfer: grad transfers to Va Tech

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Another spot open for the 2018 class....

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-de-justus-reed-announces-intent-transfer

Florida DE Justus Reed announced his decision to leave the Gators football program on Thursday.

He posted the following message to his Twitter account, thanking both Will Muschamp, who recruited him to Gainesville, and Jim McElwain for their guidance while on the team:

Reed played in just two games as a junior for the Gators in 2016.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
More info:

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/f...nsive-lineman-justus-reed-announces-transfer/

Florida defensive lineman Justus Reed announced via Twitter that he will transfer.

Reed played in just two games during the 2016 season against Kentucky and North Texas. In 2015, he played in nine games with nine tackles. He was a rising redshirt junior in 2017.

In his statement, Reed thanked both Will Muschamp and Jim McElwain, and it’s very evident that Muschamp still carries weight in the Florida locker room among the players.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Best of luck to him. Didn't seem like he was able to see the field. I hope he gets to play wherever he goes.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
This is such BS that people are so mean to these kids that try their hardest for the Gators.....I'm appalled at some of the comments here....Some of you people must live a pathetic miserable life......

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yo Justus, you'll miss us Gator, best of luck and much success wherever or whatever you do!

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
This is such BS that people are so mean to these kids that try their hardest for the Gators.....I'm appalled at some of the comments here....Some of you people must live a pathetic miserable life......

First time in quite a while I agree with you, crete! Stay classy Gator fans...

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
We rarely know why kids transfer. Whatever the reason(s), I hope this opens new opportunities for him. And concrete is right. They work SO hard - walk ons too.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
First time in quite a while I agree with you, crete! Stay classy Gator fans...
None of the comments were mean to Reed. Pretty sure Crete was being facetious and not 'classy'. But I'll give my new friend the benefit of the doubt that he only beyotches about the coaching staff.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
None of the comments were mean to Reed. Pretty sure Crete was being facetious and not 'classy'. But I'll give my new friend the benefit of the doubt that he only beyotches about the coaching staff.

I was agreeing with crete about some other comments made. They weren't blatantly cruel, but they were dismissive as if he's not important. Any Gator who represents Gator Nation well (even if they aren't successful on the field) deserves some respect.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Honestly, I'd selfishly like the kid to stick around for the season to give us a body - for practice or a few downs per game. It's now an unused scholarship (that will likely go to a walk-on for the year, which is fine).

This is actually encouraging/promising in that it tells us the younger guys are legit (as Reed sees the writing on the wall). It also gives us another scholarship for 2018, which is looking like it could be a 22+ member class (as I'm sure we're going to see another transfer or two: Ancrum? Knight? Stephens? Mike?).

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I was agreeing with crete about some other comments made. They weren't blatantly cruel, but they were dismissive as if he's not important. Any Gator who represents Gator Nation well (even if they aren't successful on the field) deserves some respect.
Nav said who, and I asked if he was a scout team guy...honestly I don't remember this kid.
Is that what you're talking about?

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Nav said who, and I asked if he was a scout team guy...honestly I don't remember this kid.
Is that what you're talking about?
Shame, shame. Reed was in on at least one play in the spring game. Call yourself a fan?!
:bart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.