Justus Reed to transfer: grad transfers to Va Tech

Swamp Donkey

7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
We rarely know why kids transfer. Whatever the reason(s), I hope this opens new opportunities for him. And concrete is right. They work SO hard - walk ons too.
If Justus Reed was working hard, it sure as hell wasnt in the weightroom.

Not real sure why we keep waiting until April to take out the trash which should have been taken out in January (so we could actually fill the slots).

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Nav said who, and I asked if he was a scout team guy...honestly I don't remember this kid.
Is that what you're talking about?

Yes, but I understand if it was an honest question. I've seen the "who?" question used with sarcasm. If you didn't know, that's cool. Reed was a DE recruited by chump who was such a better recruiter than Mac.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Not real sure why we keep waiting until April to take out the trash which should have been taken out in January (so we could actually fill the slots).

I heard Mac told him to hold off until now, just to ensure the fans had something more to bytch about in the off season.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Honestly, I'd selfishly like the kid to stick around for the season to give us a body - for practice or a few downs per game. It's now an unused scholarship (that will likely go to a walk-on for the year, which is fine).

This is actually encouraging/promising in that it tells us the younger guys are legit (as Reed sees the writing on the wall). It also gives us another scholarship for 2018, which is looking like it could be a 22+ member class (as I'm sure we're going to see another transfer or two: Ancrum? Knight? Stephens? Mike?).
Given our depth at OL I doubt Mike transfers until after the season and the same goes for Knight/Stephens.

TN G8tr

The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Wish him luck but seriously did not know who he was/is. So with that we'd never see him on the field. Like BMF said, tells me that the guys we have are pretty solid.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Yup. Never put on weight.
He was recruited to play DE/Buck by Champ I believe? But I think he's around 5th on the depth chart.....As a few others have noted this may be a sign that we've got very good talent at that position. Hopefully we'll have enough talented DT's by next year to be in a similar position there.

GatorJB

Lifetime Member
For whatever reason the only defensive position this coaching staff has recruited well is DE; so, my assumption is that Reed was going to be passed up on the depth chart by some younger guys had he of stayed. I wish him the best of luck.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Transfers to Va Tech, for his 7th year of college football (seriously). Glad he chose VT over FSU:

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Reed has added a lot of weight. He came to Florida in the 215 range. He is now 270.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator