Kadarius Toney

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
I think we pass at least 50% of the time on first down. Unfortunately they are all screen passes.
I was actually stunned and thrilled when we ran those quick slants. Not on first down, but just frustrating that we seem to never go there when the situation calls for it.

The Shady Grove Gator

Relapsed Wise-Ass
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
This guy has the whiff of Percy. I only hope he isn't plagued with migraines. Be it from being dumbfounded by the coaching duo of Butters and Nuss or a condition (cough, cough).

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Guy is very elusive, it doesn't look like he has blazing speed, but if he runs routes like he jukes :chomp:

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Toney isn't the fastest guy on the team, but he's shifty. In shiftiness, he reminds me of Rainey. He's a dynamic guy who needs more touches, but we do have enough weapons that I'd rather them spread it around a bunch too, rather than a new version of the Tebow / Harvin play-call spinner.

Davis is dynamic too. He needs more touches too. The fumble was a heartbreaker, but I wish he would have gotten at least one more carry to get it out of his head. He wasn't being careless with the ball (like CJ Henderson was) when he was nearing the goal, it was just a great play by the defender. ...though I think Malik failed to run through the finish line.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Toney isn't the fastest guy on the team, but he's shifty. In shiftiness, he reminds me of Rainey. He's a dynamic guy who needs more touches, but we do have enough weapons that I'd rather them spread it around a bunch too, rather than a new version of the Tebow / Harvin play-call spinner.

Davis is dynamic too. He needs more touches too. The fumble was a heartbreaker, but I wish he would have gotten at least one more carry to get it out of his head. He wasn't being careless with the ball (like CJ Henderson was) when he was nearing the goal, it was just a great play by the defender. ...though I think Malik failed to run through the finish line.

Except he cuts and runs forward. Rainey spent so much time running sideways and dancing my head felt like it would explode.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The cuts that Toney makes appear almost humanly impossible. You almost feel sorry for the guy trying to tackle the guy.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
Toneys shiftiness reminds me more of Brandon James shiftiness on punt returns. I really thought Rainey moves were over rated.... he had one good stomp cut that he did all the time but other than that not much.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
He also should be returning kickoffs, but not punts. Cleveland is not a great kick returner and too valuable a WR to be returning kickoffs. Toney is not a polished WR by any stretch, but if he ever becomes one he will be a great player

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He also should be returning kickoffs, but not punts. Cleveland is not a great kick returner and too valuable a WR to be returning kickoffs. Toney is not a polished WR by any stretch, but if he ever becomes one he will be a great player

A guy like Toney who has a huge burst and ridiculous juke moves -- but not breakaway speed -- you put on the punt return.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
A guy like Toney who has a huge burst and ridiculous juke moves -- but not breakaway speed -- you put on the punt return.

I understand, but honestly I do not trust his hands yet and catching a punt is a lot different than catching a kickoff. I do not disagree, but I want ball security as my #1 thing on punt return.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Toney should get lots of touches, but should be on-field most all the time due to how defenses will have to concentrate on him whether he touches the ball or not. However, I would not be surprised if Mac & Nuss never think of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.