Kelvin Taylor and Demarcus Robinson declare for NFL draft

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Florida #Gators RB Kelvin Taylor, WR Demarcus Robinson will leave school and enter the NFL Draft.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Makes sense for both to go. If Matt Jones can go round three, one would think Taylor could go that high.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Kelvin makes sense and will have a good career in the NFL. Probably 3rd - 5th round pick depending on how he does at combine. Could be a great career if he gets behind a good OL.

Robinson is not a surprise.. he doesn't have the work ethic. He will get drafted late because of combine, but I don't see him really ever doing anything in the NFL.

McCallister is also going and I am not surprised, but I think he should have looked at Bullard's increase in value and stayed. McCallister is a tweener at the NFL and that speed rush isn't going to be as open as it was in college.

Good luck to them all.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Taylor was probably gonna lose carries to Thompson so his stock would have definitely dropped. Losing Robinson opens a starting spot. Hopefully that will help us get nate craig meyers.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Hate losing Taylor but it's the smart move. DRob has been gone for quite some time.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure what will happen with Taylor. He doesn't have good size to be a real good blocker in the NFL and the NFL puts so much emphasis on that and catching the ball now it may be hard for him to get drafted until the latest rounds. Robinson probably needs to leave but I am not sure what the NFL will think of him.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No surprise. Opens up opportunities for the Jordan's and 2 RBs we got coming in, as well as WR.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Taylor is a good kid and works hard. He could end up having a decent career but I'd say right now chances are better he never ends up doing so. As for robinson, he has all the talent needed but has a 10 cent head and Id be shocked if he magically transforms into a hard worker and team player, which is what is required for him to be successful at the next level. Out of the 2 of them, taylor has much better chances. And that's really saying something b/c the talent disparity is quite noticeable between them, and not in taylor's favor. Hope they can prove me wrong, especially taylor.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Not surprised and I wish them both the best. Was not sold on either player coming into the year, but it was clear that Taylor made tangible improvement even playing behind a horrendous offensive line and say very poor play calling as the year went along. I now think he can be a serviceable RB in the NFL as that position is no longer a priority for most teams. He can probably have a legitimate 5 or so year career as a mid to late round pick.

DRob is another story. I for one am glad he is leaving. He brings more drama to the team than he does production. I don't care what his combine numbers are, etc. just watch the film. Too many lazy routes, not a blocker, dropped passes, running sideways and dancing only to lose yardage instead of going north and south. Shows that he does not always understand the situation. Best of luck, but he will last about 2 seconds when he starts dancing sideways and linemen/LB's pursuing from behind the play knock him senseless.

Add Neal and Maye to the list and I will be content. I don;t care about their experience, I am tired of them getting lost. Yes I know what Washington and Harris can do (nothing), so put some other young guy in there and give him a go. Rather see a newbie trip over his feet than 4 and 5 year guys.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Robinson was leaving whether he wanted to or not. I think he got the same advice Grier got "You don't have to go home, but you cant stay here". We will be better off for it. Losing Bullard is worse than all the others combined, including VH3.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Obvious over a year ago that this would happen. Robinson has been a 3 year and done kind of guy since he got here and there is nothing more KT can do to raise his draft stock.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
In all seriousness, unless both of them light it up at the combine I see both going undrafted. Taylor is probably a 4.6 40 guy - those guys aren't in high demand.

Robinson is embarrassing on tape, and is a headcase to boot.

I see both of them trying out for teams as free agents next year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator