Kerwin Bell

spook

Founding Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n84447 said:
No, God, no. We need a proven winner at head coach, someone who has coached at a higher level than a sooped-up High School. Kerwin Bell coaches at places that still have concrete tracks surrounding their football fields. No. Love him as a former Gator, but no.
I love Kerwin. But no way.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
I Have No Friends :(;n84510 said:
Hiring Kerwin Bell would be an upgrade from what we have. Is it the right hire? No, because as evidenced from this thread it will not unite Gator Nation. Do I think Bell could be successful here? Yes, but that doesn't matter as much as getting a coaching staff in here that will give the players AND fans hope for a brighter future.

With all due respect, I think Bell would unite the Gator Nation. No one coach is going to please everybody. Spurrier even had detractors who said he did not have a strong work ethic.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Clayton Aldridge;n84498 said:
I think Kerwin would be just as big of a gamble as hiring Muschamp four years ago. Does he have head coaching experience? Sure/ But it's had Jacksonville State. I like Kerwin, but this wouldn't be the right choice.

You appear to know very little about Kerwin, starting with the fact that he coaches Jacksonville University in Jacksonville, FL. That's about an hour northeast of Gainesville, FL. Jacksonville State is in northeastern Alabama between Birmingham and Atlanta.

You and all of the other haters are entitled to your opinion, but it would be refreshing to see a knowledgeable opinion based on all the facts rather than an ignorant knee jerk reaction based on a worn out stereotype.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
No. Not enough experience. As far as having a proven winner, that ain't happening unless you include smaller schools or a guy like Petrino who has baggage.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I Have No Friends :(;n84486 said:
Dive! Dive! Dive!

Remember when we used to laugh at Adazzio when he was the OC.....I'll bet he's laughing his ass off about right now.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Bullag8r;n84499 said:
Why do you keep comparing Kerwin Bell to a list of coaches that are all proven failures? Kerwin has won at high school (Art Briles, Gus Malzahn, Hugh Frieze), won as a player coach in Canadian pro football and won at Jax with no scholarship players. You guys would never have hired Briles, Malzahn or Frieze. You are all geniuses, or ignorant losers.

I knew Malzahn was a damn good coach from his Arky days. Did you know that his offense was at or near the top of the SEC the year before they had Cam. I couldn't even tell you who their QB was but they were damn good. He's a winner. Some people just have that innate ability. Gus was a no-brainer for Auburn. Great coach.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Okeechobee Joe;n84523 said:
With all due respect, I think Bell would unite the Gator Nation. No one coach is going to please everybody. Spurrier even had detractors who said he did not have a strong work ethic.

No offense taken at all and I would love to believe you're right. Ultimately, winning brings unity and we both know that. I just think the push-back from a Kerwin Bell hire would be more than a murmur. I could be wrong, just my opinion.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Concrete Helmet;n84528 said:
Remember when we used to laugh at Adazzio when he was the OC.....I'll bet he's laughing his ass off about right now.

He is probably classier than that. But I doubt he's laughing too much after his loss to Clemson, due in large part to terrible offensive play calls.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
Some of you guys have rather elitist and entitled attitudes. I understand you want a home run hire that will unite Gator nation, but I dont think that person is out there at this moment and we might have to take a chance on someone again. Any proven head coaches that we would want are not available, because guess what? They are winning head coaches and already have jobs. Just because Kerwin only has small school experience doesnt mean he couldnt handle the job. Would that be my first choice? Uh, no....it would be Chip Kelly, but gosh darn it hes doing OK in the NFL.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
T REX;n84533 said:
I knew Malzahn was a damn good coach from his Arky days. Did you know that his offense was at or near the top of the SEC the year before they had Cam. I couldn't even tell you who their QB was but they were damn good. He's a winner. Some people just have that innate ability. Gus was a no-brainer for Auburn. Great coach.

Bottom line ~ Kerwin can coach and win at any level.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
I Have No Friends :(;n84534 said:
No offense taken at all and I would love to believe you're right. Ultimately, winning brings unity and we both know that. I just think the push-back from a Kerwin Bell hire would be more than a murmur. I could be wrong, just my opinion.

Talk about somebody being wrong, I thought Muschamp was going to do good here.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Meyer didn't have unified fan support. "He can't win in the SEC" "His offense won't work in the SEC" "He's unproven at a big school" etc etc etc.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Seems to me all the "new HC" talk is more pointless than usual given what's coming from the school today. Incredibly, it seems that asshat is going to have to rape and murder someone to lose his job.

I just don't get it. I don't understand what's become of expectations for our program anymore.

Unless there's some sort of mind-blowing disclosure that explains this, I am edging much closer to the "Foley must go, too" camp.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Gatormac2112;n84536 said:
Some of you guys have rather elitist and entitled attitudes. I understand you want a home run hire that will unite Gator nation, but I dont think that person is out there at this moment and we might have to take a chance on someone again. Any proven head coaches that we would want are not available, because guess what? They are winning head coaches and already have jobs. Just because Kerwin only has small school experience doesnt mean he couldnt handle the job. Would that be my first choice? Uh, no....it would be Chip Kelly, but gosh darn it hes doing OK in the NFL.

Why are we entitled? Elitist? Because we want a winner? Who doesn't? We just got burnt big time by a guy with no head coaching experience. There are capable guys out there. Can our AD pick one? History says no he cannot. That's the problem.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
T REX;n84551 said:
Why are we entitled? Elitist? Because we want a winner? Who doesn't? We just got burnt big time by a guy with no head coaching experience. There are capable guys out there. Can our AD pick one? History says no he cannot. That's the problem.

No, I want a winner too. But the way some people mock the thought of Kerwin like its a big joke makes me think of them as elitist and entitled.

MatthewM.

Founding Member
Chief Queef
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Hell no. That would be like settling for the bar pig after striking out on the hot chicks all night just to get it in. You wake up in the morning full of regret.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
MatthewM.;84558 said:
Hell no. That would be like settling for the bar pig after striking out on the hot chicks all night just to get it in. You wake up in the morning full of regret.
You love the bacon, don't lie

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
MatthewM.;n84558 said:

So now Kerwin is a bar pig? What a dope. You are such a genius ~ according to you Malzahn, Frieze and Briles would still be coaching high school.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorbreath;n84545 said:
Seems to me all the "new HC" talk is more pointless than usual given what's coming from the school today. Incredibly, it seems that asshat is going to have to rape and murder someone to lose his job.

I just don't get it. I don't understand what's become of expectations for our program anymore.

Unless there's some sort of mind-blowing disclosure that explains this, I am edging much closer to the "Foley must go, too" camp.

I don't know anything special but I bet there have been discussions between some Bull Gators and Foley and he has convinced them that waiting is better in the long run, I hope he is working on something quietly. After all nothing is going to make this season a success, so perhaps going long is appropriate.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
MatthewM.;n84558 said:

How are those 3 Heisman's coming for Jeff?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.