Kerwin Bell

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Gatormac2112;n84555 said:
No, I want a winner too. But the way some people mock the thought of Kerwin like its a big joke makes me think of them as elitist and entitled.
I don't think anyone is mocking Kerwin - he is a proven winner (see Auburn game - 1986 ...dude was a stud.). Maybe I'm wrong but I think we need someone who has big time D1/FBS coaching experience. No more of the "coach in waiting" or small school "diamond in the rough". Our program is in danger of losing valuable recruits and we need someone to step in and hit the ground running in America's toughest conference. I was there during the Bell years and I have nothing but respect for him but I don't think he is the right guy for the job at this point in his career. As usual, and according to my wife, I'm probably wrong but that's my non-elitist, blue collar opinion.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Gatormac2112;84536 said:
Some of you guys have rather elitist and entitled attitudes. I understand you want a home run hire that will unite Gator nation, but I dont think that person is out there at this moment and we might have to take a chance on someone again. Any proven head coaches that we would want are not available, because guess what? They are winning head coaches and already have jobs. Just because Kerwin only has small school experience doesnt mean he couldnt handle the job. Would that be my first choice? Uh, no....it would be Chip Kelly, but gosh darn it hes doing OK in the NFL.
We have the right to have elitist and entitled attitudes; we are Gators

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex;n84561 said:
Originally posted by Gatorbreath View Post
Seems to me all the "new HC" talk is more pointless than usual given what's coming from the school today. Incredibly, it seems that asshat is going to have to rape and murder someone to lose his job.

I just don't get it. I don't understand what's become of expectations for our program anymore.

Unless there's some sort of mind-blowing disclosure that explains this, I am edging much closer to the "Foley must go, too" camp.

I don't know anything special but I bet there have been discussions between some Bull Gators and Foley and he has convinced them that waiting is better in the long run, I hope he is working on something quietly. After all nothing is going to make this season a success, so perhaps going long is appropriate.

I'm not trying to be a wiseass here, Vulcan. How in the world is waiting better in the long run? You'd have to think the Bulls are even more ashamed and disgusted by our program than we are. They pay for it, after all.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Considering the state of Florida's decimated program, we officially have the can't seem to win monkey on our backs again... swagger-gone, unity- gone, the juggernaut coming to a town near you- gone. This job is now NOT an elite program and has attitude problems... a big culture change chore for the next head coach, thanks to Muschamp. Almost the ultimate challenge. Good coaches are settled into winning programs for the most part... they already went through the crap we are staring at... probably not too excited about that chore again. Hence, Kerwin may be, if nothing else, a person seeking such challenge. My concern is if the University keeps Muschamp any longer, our recovery could be more time consuming.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n84528 said:
Remember when we used to laugh at Adazzio when he was the OC.....I'll bet he's laughing his ass off about right now.

There's really just a degree of difference in the offensive incompetence of being 89th vs. 104th.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Okeechobee Joe;n84539 said:
Talk about somebody being wrong, I thought Muschamp was going to do good here.

I did also, Joe. Who knew that he actually thought Ray Goof had the correct offensive plan?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Jaquez green could be his offensive coordinator and Todd Johnson could be the defensive coordinator

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
VulcanAlex;n84561 said:
I don't know anything special but I bet there have been discussions between some Bull Gators and Foley and he has convinced them that waiting is better in the long run, I hope he is working on something quietly. After all nothing is going to make this season a success, so perhaps going long is appropriate.

Nothing personal but I'm sorry I have to call BS on this. What possible reason could there be for waiting? Everybody in the country knows that Muschamp is a dead man walking and there's not a sane person that could possibly think he still deserves until the end of the season to be evaluated. And I damn sure don't want to hire anyone who considers this acceptable.

Foley is not tipping his hand. There is no doubt that we are looking for a new HC. So there is absolutely no reason to wait.

I respectfully await your response.

RebelGator

Founding Member
Banned
Banned
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I wonder how many of you Muschamp Bashers were trumpeting him as the second coming of Jesus Christ when he was hired?

Point being, you didn't know **** then and probably less now.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
RebelGator;n84604 said:
I wonder how many of you Muschamp Bashers were trumpeting him as the second coming of Jesus Christ when he was hired?

Personally I thought he was a desperate hire which was confirmed when he hired Charlie Cheeseburger. Everything after that was icing.
So I knew sh*t then and I know sh*t now.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014

What about the gentleman on the left?

Attachments

• conv_1120.jpg
    conv_1120.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 44

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
If Kerwin wanted to coach with the big boys, he would be advancing his career in that direction. He wants a non-limelight job close to Mayo. Check and check.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
threatmatrix;n84616 said:
Originally posted by Law98gator View Post
Ah yes, the last Pumper has crawled out from under his rock.

Gotta be a troll or a relative. Nobody is that dense.

I do think we should resist turning on one another. We're all in the same boat.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
RebelGator;n84604 said:

I thought it was a bad hire and was openly mocked and insulted. I have a whole bag of "I told you so's" waiting to hand out like Halloween candy. Don't worry they are a coming...it felt exactly like the Zooker. I could tell in season one and definitely in season 2 as he needed miracles to win 11 games. It was a mirage. A house of cards. Another DC with zero head coaching experience. Hadn't we seen this movie before? It was bad the first time and the sequel was worse. Some of us deserve more credit than you are willing to give. Oh well

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
RebelGator;n84604 said:

Not true. When he was hired I thought he was a bad hire now I know he was a bad hire

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n84575 said:
Jaquez green could be his offensive coordinator and Todd Johnson could be the defensive coordinator

I like your thought but I was thinking ( this would not be a realistic plan ) about a dream team of Super Gators from the past to come back and coach.
HC = Spurrier
OC = Kerwin Bell
QB = Tim Tebow
RB = Emmitt Smith
OL = Donnie Young
WR= Carlos, Ike, Reidel, Chris Doering, Quezzie, Dixon
TE = Kirk Kirpatrick
DC/DB = Lawrence Wright
DL = Brad Culpepper
DE = Wilbur Marshall
LB = Brandon Spikes
ST = Brandon James

Just a thought in a joking manner.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I have tried to stay out of,"new coach", talk because we have one until we don't. Though it does appear he's a dead man walking. I think it's important to factor in, among many other things, what the players and recruits think of the hire. It seems they're not on board with what's currently happening. Not sure Kerwin would give us what we need in that category.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.