CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
90b2ba2a-copy-of-horizontal-article-image-1200-x-900-2023-10-10t182738.507.jpg

wrpgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2019
The distinctive clank of a zippo lighter opening, the scratch scratch of the flint wheel and a few seconds later the tinny lid snapping shut. This was a regular sound in my childhood that I can still hear in my mind 60 years later.
1705721460286.jpeg

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Zippos are a true American classic. Declined in popularity because they aren’t good for bongs or weed pipes. Now, few smoke tobacco. Mostly weed and/or vaping.

In the 90’s, you didn’t go out to the bars without a lighter even if you didn’t smoke. There was always a chance that a cute girl would ask if you had a light. You had to be prepared.

A zippo made a statement, especially if you could pull off a few cool zippo tricks. I practiced hard to make my tricks look natural, smooth, and effortless instead of awkwardly looking like I was trying too hard to impress. There’s a fine line between being cool and reeking of desperation.

Alex.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Zippos are a true American classic. Declined in popularity because they aren’t good for bongs or weed pipes. Now, few smoke tobacco. Mostly weed and/or vaping.

In the 90’s, you didn’t go out to the bars without a lighter even if you didn’t smoke. There was always a chance that a cute girl would ask if you had a light. You had to be prepared.

A zippo made a statement, especially if you could pull off a few cool zippo tricks. I practiced hard to make my tricks look natural, smooth, and effortless instead of awkwardly looking like I was trying too hard to impress. There’s a fine line between being cool and reeking of desperation.

Alex.
I’m picturing “weird face every white guy makes when trying to dance”

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Butane? Them thangs dint use butane. Kerosene would work in a pinch though.
One of my duties as a kid was refilling Ronson and flint for my dad... that said, everyone should have a true butane lighter (not Bic type) in their first aid/survival bag type thing in their car.

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
One of my duties as a kid was refilling Ronson and flint for my dad... that said, everyone should have a true butane lighter (not Bic type) in their first aid/survival bag type thing in their car.

s-l1600.jpg

Also my cleanser of last resort.

Gets just about anything off.

Alex.

Treebeard

Oops, just stepped on a Lorax.
Lifetime Member
Dec 23, 2015
Orange Bird!
I saw a gut wearing a shirt with this as a design today so thought about posting it. Didn't realize this was a Disney creation (back in the day when they were normal) in conjunction with the Enchanted Tiki Room.

1705797988746.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.