Kids these days will never know….

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yes and don't forget the vinegar. It's supposed to help.
Activated the dye. In fact, I can smell the vinegar smell in my mind right now! Ever write “Happy Easter” on the egg with the wax crayon before dying?

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Activated the dye. In fact, I can smell the vinegar smell in my mind right now! Ever write “Happy Easter” on the egg with the wax crayon before dying?
How long do eggs even last outside of the refrigerator?
Truthfully, nobody even eats the hard boiled eggs.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Raise Hand GIF by Nick Jonas

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
When the son was sick back in January I found a jar that I used. It probably expired 10 years ago. Meh
you need to add a white over the calf athletic sock, a safety pin, and an oven to the picture to make it authentic!

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
From the Easter egg hunt?

I make hard boiled eggs to eat weekly but they are actually steamed. Got it down to a science and they peel nicely.
I'd eat them if we made them, but for the hunt at home for our kids, we always hid plastic eggs around the house and outside... some had candy inside, some had money... the eggs were all color coded so that you only collected YOUR eggs, thus preventing a jerk kid (i.e., Son #1) from cleaning up.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That was always the conclusion to the family egg hunt for us…we’d eat all the edible remaining eggs. Always several S&P shakers for use. Of course there’d be some that got cracked and had dirt/sand or ants on them. Those were used as projectiles, but we definitely were a family that didn’t waste the leftover eggs. My wife’s family didn’t eat the eggs and as a result they always had a lot of plastic eggs with candy or coins in them. We always had a Prize Egg and whoever found it usually got something like a hollow chocolate bunny or a giant Hershey bar. Those were the days…

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
As kids, when a sore throat (or whatever) would start to appear, out came the Vicks... grandma would then throw a long sock in the oven to heat it up, slather Vicks on your throat where it joined your torso, then wrap the hot sock around your neck and pin it so that the heat really activated the Vicks... same with the delicious whiskey/honey "cough medicine"

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
I'd eat them if we made them, but for the hunt at home for our kids, we always hid plastic eggs around the house and outside... some had candy inside, some had money... the eggs were all color coded so that you only collected YOUR eggs, thus preventing a jerk kid (i.e., Son #1) from cleaning up.
:lol:
For some reason I have a yellow plastic Easter egg in one of my plants in the kitchen. Leftover from the kids.
Outside the kids lost a plastic baseball in the flower bed well over 10 years ago. Couldn't bring myself to throw it away and now it's part of a planter.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
As kids, when a sore throat (or whatever) would start to appear, out came the Vicks... grandma would then throw a long sock in the oven to heat it up, slather Vicks on your throat where it joined your torso, then wrap the hot sock around your neck and pin it so that the heat really activated the Vicks... same with the delicious whiskey/honey "cough medicine"
Never heard of that before.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
I thought the idea was to prevent the vicks from getting all over your bed and pillow. Mom would apply the vicks, then she would take a red bandana and fold it in half diagonally and tie it around my neck. Some dude named Sim wore one, she said, and so we called the bandanas "Sim rags". Haven't thought of that phrase in over 30 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.