Kids these days will never know….

LCGATOR

Jul 1, 2014
You live in Pensacola, right? Migrated there as an adult from points north.

I went to middle and high school in Freeport, Defuniak Springs (Walton) and Crestview. Played ball at every little town from Live Oak to Pace.

I suspect you know very little of the panhandle life. Especially in the small inland and beach towns where the panhandle life exists.

But puff out your Yankee chest about your beach front property. There might be someone here impressed.
My dad lived in Freeport and mom lived in DeFuniak Springs growing up. I remember visiting my grandparents and going to the Tom Thumb convenience stores

LCGATOR

Jul 1, 2014
We had this in the living room, and would spin the set around to the dining room around the corner for Sunday family dinners. Instead of the family of four sitting around the circle table, we'd all go to the far half so we could watch the weekl Disney program that Sunday night.
The best of times!!
And watch Wild Kingdom also

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
WTF?!!?!?!? I just always remember him in his study/library (or whatever) while Jim did all the work! :lol:
Occasionally, he'd be in a helicopter while Jim was doing something dangerous on the ground. (TBF - Helicopters are inherently dangerous as well - after all, the wings are moving faster than the fuselage.)

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Occasionally, he'd be in a helicopter while Jim was doing something dangerous on the ground. (TBF - Helicopters are inherently dangerous as well - after all, the wings are moving faster than the fuselage.)
I remember him flapping around in the helicopter, I think I'm JUST young enough to not remember seeing him 'rasslin and in the mix! :lol:

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Do y'all remember this guy? I loved to watch him when I was growing up.

10961177_111611737541.jpg

He supposedly killed himself at his home in Hermitage, TN.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Do y'all remember this guy? I loved to watch him when I was growing up.

10961177_111611737541.jpg

He supposedly killed himself at his home in Hermitage, TN.

By appearance, yes! But I cannot recall his rasslin name. Maybe "Mr Fuji"?

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
We had this in the living room, and would spin the set around to the dining room around the corner for Sunday family dinners. Instead of the family of four sitting around the circle table, we'd all go to the far half so we could watch the weekl Disney program that Sunday night.
I'll never forget the Christmas that my cousin got boxing gloves and brought them to our house to wrastle with my brother.
Mom had to replace the window. :lol:

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020

We have a friend that "hunts" the Pythons in the Everglades. He gets paid minimum by F&W to capture and he has a license to go any time he wants. The crazy part ( to me anyway) is that when he catches them for certain groups he has to take them back to UF for them to humanely put them down. Why not immediately kill them in the glades? Other areas allow him to exterminate them immediately. There's a tv show about it but he only allows his hands and not his face.

274794427_10220473788343355_1492288726848446352_n.jpg

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We have a friend that "hunts" the Pythons in the Everglades. He gets paid minimum by F&W to capture and he has a license to go any time he wants. The crazy part ( to me anyway) is that when he catches them for certain groups he has to take them back to UF for them to humanely put them down. Why not immediately kill them in the glades? Other areas allow him to exterminate them immediately. There's a tv show about it but he only allows his hands and not his face.

View attachment 64125
“Humanely” put down a nuisance, invasive reptilian species?

1700261870570.gif

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018

View attachment 64125
My son did this this past summer with one of his fraternity brothers from UF. He enjoyed it, but admitted that as a first timer, the ‘glades are a little intimidating at night.

As you might expect, there is a scam involved. If one is lucky enough to find a nest, you let the female python live and time your return for when the eggs hatch. The bounty is per python. Big or small, the state pays the same for all.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
My son did this this past summer with one of his fraternity brothers from UF. He enjoyed it, but admitted that as a first timer, the ‘glades are a little intimidating at night.

As you might expect, there is a scam involved. If one is lucky enough to find a nest, you let the female python live and time your return for when the eggs hatch. The bounty is per python. Big or small, the state pays the same for all.
Crazy

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.