Kurt Roper Practice Update - 10/09

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I have no clue why Pittman is on the field... except he's a junior.

For that matter, I have no idea why Pittman and Andrades are still wasting scholarships.

Debose should never see the field. He's been a disaster for 6 years. Let him return kicks and carry Gatorade in between.

I'm not much more impressed with Dunbar. Don't tell me about that 1 catch per game streak. He's never been anything but a guy in a jersey.

Bring on Fullwood, Worton and any damn body else. There has to be someone at the University of Florida who can play WR.

No one is suggesting that Driskel is anything but trash as a passer. His passes are often high or behind the receiver, but not all of them are. If the damn thing hits you in the facemask you have no excuse. When your QB is again the worst passer in the SEC you can't afford receivers who drop the few he manages to throw well enough to be catchable.

SOS could make SEC-leading WRs and QBs out of walkons. This is ridiculous.

No more excuses for Chimp, Driskel, or the receivers.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;74434 said:
I have no clue why Pittman is on the field... except he's a junior. For that matter, I have no idea why Pittman and Andrades are still wasting scholarships. Debose should never see the field. He's been a disaster for 6 years. Let him return kicks and carry Gatorade in between. I'm not much more impressed with Dunbar. Don't tell me about that 1 catch per game streak. He's never been anything but a guy in a jersey. Bring on Fullwood, Worton and any damn body else. There has to be someone at the University of Florida who can play WR. No one is suggesting that Driskel is anything but trash as a passer. His passes are often high or behind the receiver, but not all of them are. If the damn thing hits you in the facemask you have no excuse. When your QB is again the worst passer in the SEC you can't afford receivers who drop the few he manages to throw well enough to be catchable. SOS could make SEC-leading WRs and QBs out of walkons. This is ridiculous. No more excuses for Chimp, Driskel, or the receivers.
I agree. How the hell can Pittman be getting reps over Bailey? Thompson was burning our secondary. How can Dunbar start over him? Sousa? Burn his redshirt. He LED the State of Florida in receiving yards his Junior and Senior year. Excellent hands. Get him on the effin field!

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Law98gator;n74434 said:
If the damn thing hits you in the facemask you have no excuse
JD doesn't have the best touch on a lot of his passes but our guys are dropping 3-5 very catchable balls per game. That may not sound like a lot, but most would be for 1st downs and it really kills any momentum that the offense seems to generate.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n74417 said:
Gotta be his size. He's 230, Westbrook and Burton are 250+

Really? Because I can tell you that neither Burton nor Westbrook are good blockers. If you look at a few of the play breakdowns from the last few weeks you'll see some of those highlighted.

It's about time we start playing the guys with talent instead of the guys who have been here the longest.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n74444 said:
JD doesn't have the best touch on a lot of his passes but our guys are dropping 3-5 very catchable balls per game. That may not sound like a lot, but most would be for 1st downs and it really kills any momentum that the offense seems to generate.
I agree completely. The dropped passes haven't been an especially high number but it seems like a damn lot of them come on 3rd down. These guys need to catch the damn ball.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n74443 said:
I agree. How the hell can Pittman be getting reps over Bailey? Thompson was burning our secondary. How can Dunbar start over him? Sousa? Burn his redshirt. He LED the State of Florida in receiving yards his Junior and Senior year. Excellent hands. Get him on the effin field!

it's just hard to believe Pittman is better than Alvin Bailey. I'll never believed it.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;74456 said:
it's just hard to believe Pittman is better than Alvin Bailey. I'll never believed it.
Don't know how he's getting reps over Showers either.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
The sad part is that if the coaches are playing some WR's over other guys because they're better blockers they're fooling themselves because I have seen a lot of missed blocks by WR's on outside runs that would have sprung our RB's for huge gains. Put the guys who can catch the balls best in please is all I hope for the rest of the season.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n74417 said:
Gotta be his size. He's 230, Westbrook and Burton are 250+
Personally i'd rather have a 230 lb TE catch the ball than a 250 lb TE drop the ball. One scenario just seems much more productive than the other.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE-;n74470 said:
Personally i'd rather have a 230 lb TE catch the ball than a 250 lb TE drop the ball. One scenario just seems much more productive than the other.
Personally, I don't care if they are 230 or 250...just catch the effing ball if it hits your hands!

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
-THE DUDE-;n74470 said:

Crazy talk.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
I just always feel like Muschamp doesn't believe in playing underclassmen unless they are forced upon him or the talent can't be ignored. It's frustrating knowing the guy on the bench is better than the guy on the field because he's a few years older. Not always the case, but it seems like the skill positions it stands out. There is no way you can tell me there isn't a better option than Burton on passing downs. Also where the hell is Joyner.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
gingerlover;74481 said:
I just always feel like Muschamp doesn't believe in playing underclassmen unless they are forced upon him or the talent can't be ignored. It's frustrating knowing the guy on the bench is better than the guy on the field because he's a few years older. Not always the case, but it seems like the skill positions it stands out. There is no way you can tell me there isn't a better option than Burton on passing downs. Also where the hell is Joyner.
But that only applies to offense. Which is weird.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I just don't think he trusts this new voodoo forward pass thing anyway. In the end, on offense, he just chooses the older, bigger, stronger kid every time.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n74399 said:
I wonder if he's allowed to roll it to them? Apparently that's the only way a Division 1 receiver in the SEC can catch passes.
So true. These guys are top recruits and they can't catch. It's been kind of mind boggling to watch -- especially Dunbar and Pittman.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n74489 said:
I just don't think he trusts this new voodoo forward pass thing anyway. In the end, on offense, he just chooses the older, bigger, stronger kid every time.
Oh come on Law. He loves those 3 yard passes on 3rd and 8. Give him a break.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It goes both ways, I don't care how hard someone throws you the ball if it's there and catchable you need to catch it. Although Driskel has little to no touch on his balls the receivers aren't helping him out either. Hopefully the LSU game is a good game for both sides.

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
"3 yard passes on 3rd and 8", yep. There's lots of those. That only works when you have Harvin as the receiver. I don't see a Harvin on our roster.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'd like to see some more slants. Just me I think those are easy throws Jeff could make

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
TheBigClaw;n74527 said:
I'd like to see some more slants. Just me I think those are easy throws Jeff could make

Yep. Putting your guys in position to be successful

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator