Lack of Talent?

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Hey retard, I've said the same from the beginning and you've been trying for 18 hours starting in the chatterbox to make what I said something it's not.

I wasn't talking about coaching, I've talked about the players. You can't help but jerkoff all over yourself

Go choke on a dick douchebag
Dis Gon B Good GIF

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
I'm not really sure what this means. It takes 4 years to get your own people? It takes 4 years to get your own.people smart enough to understand thier assignments? It took 4 years to learn how to be a good DC?

Whatever the reason... 4 years is too damned long for 11th placed defense, imo.

2022- 105th in 3rd dwn defense %
2021 - 26th
2020 - 93rd
2019 - 45th
2018 - 116
2017 - 118

ULL is 43rd in total defense and 23rd in scoring defense this year.

We are talking about a team that was 15-21 in 3 seasons before Billys arrival with class rankings of 78 / 106 / 115. Takes some time to flip an underperforming roster for kids you evaluated and coached up.
Waiting 4 yrs is not an option, theres reasons this incoming class (right now) is mainly defense.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
We are talking about a team that was 15-21 in 3 seasons before Billys arrival with class rankings of 78 / 106 / 115. Takes some time to flip an underperforming roster for kids you evaluated and coached up.
Waiting 4 yrs is not an option, theres reasons this incoming class (right now) is mainly defense.
I understand BN had crap to work with. But UF HASNT had classes of 78/106/115 like ULL (yet).

We do not have dead last in 3rd down and 70s scoring defense types of players.

20 or 30s in defensive stats is understandable. 70s isn't.

The numbers don't add up. That's just my opinion.

I put the difference between 20s ranked D and 70s ranked D on coaching and scheme. The difference between 20s rank D and top.10 are the players.

Last edited:

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Watching Syracuse put up a fight defensively @Clemson. Must be because of all that talent on defense :lol:

Look at these top scoring defenses. Who knew Illinois, Iowa, Syracuse and the likes all have all that NFL talent :dunno: A6C7F086-9BC8-431C-AADE-922D5355AAF3.png CDAC937B-B851-46FF-9A33-A39DB896C155.png

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Safety is literally the weakest position group on the entire team.

Ppl in here cheered a starter being "benched / injured" for a week over a Freshman and cursed his return. Tells you all you need to know about what was left by Cousin Eddie n Co
Who coaches the safeties Daryl? Who calls the defense Daryl? Is there a common denominator in regards to who is doing a a dreadful job for this team?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Watching Syracuse put up a fight defensively @Clemson.
Must be their "we took Clemson til the end" Holy Grail moment :rotfl::rotfl:....don't worry all that non NFL talent will return to earth sooner than later....I mean we held UT to less than Bama so we must have higher rated players, right....

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
I said it weeks ago when we played our cupcakes, those are games your DL should flex in as a show of strength (talent gap) and they didn’t. That’s a problem, add that to a back 7 that can’t cover anybody and this is what you get
Who coaches the safeties Daryl? Who calls the defense Daryl? Is there a common denominator in regards to who is doing a a dreadful job for this team?
Obligatory
UF fans: We have veteran defensive talent on the field
Same UF fans: Just bench the weak links and start the young guys so they can learn on the fly.
More UF fans: That young player learning on the fly got beat, fire everybody.

Toney isn’t getting fired after one year with players who are talented enough to get the last staff fired.
There’s reasons this class is very D heavy.(Especially secondary) I guess this staff fails to see the “talent” some of you guys like to pretend we have out there.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I said it weeks ago when we played our cupcakes, those are games your DL should flex in as a show of strength (talent gap) and they didn’t. That’s a problem, add that to a back 7 that can’t cover anybody and this is what you get

Obligatory
UF fans: We have veteran defensive talent on the field
Same UF fans: Just bench the weak links and start the young guys so they can learn on the fly.
More UF fans: That young player learning on the fly got beat, fire everybody.

Toney isn’t getting fired after one year with players who are talented enough to get the last staff fired.
There’s reasons this class is very D heavy.(Especially secondary) I guess this staff fails to see the “talent” some of you guys like to pretend we have out there.
Have you ever watched teams outside of our league play defense? I don’t get how one can watch us play defense and come to any other conclusion that Toney is doing a poor job . There was a snap Cox literally shot into th backfield instantly and the pass was able to get out because our corner is 15 yards from the receiver . That has nothing to do with talent and is literally the coach hurting great effort by Cox.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.