Lack of Talent?

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
So you’re advocating that we play more Press Man with a DL that can’t get pressure, LBs who we all say are a liability in coverage and a Corner coming off knee surgery who’s been targeted over 1/3 of his snaps since his return??

(Heard a guy on a podcast broke the numbers down, not me but LSU didn’t seem afraid to go at him)

Last edited:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Guess we shouldn’t be excited about our recruiting class then. Didn’t know you were a “stars don’t matter” guy
Snap shot, only suggest a probability, not a guarantee.

As with most "predictors", they can often fail

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I guess this staff fails to see the “talent” some of you guys like to pretend we have out there.
Oh I'm sure this staff sees the talent out there and that's part of the reason they have tried to throttle back the offense for ball control measures....

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Have you ever watched teams outside of our league play defense?
Yeah I'm watching UT and OSU right now....fine example of 2.5 stars but at least most of them were properly evaluated unlike a prospect from Florida or the SE who once they get an offer from 1 SEC school their rating goes through the roof, then mix in our previous staff who were terrible evaluators and well .....see why and how we have ended up with a truckload of over rated players now?

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Snap shot, only suggest a probability, not a guarantee.

As with most "predictors", they can often fail
And when you take those yearly ratings and accumuate them for a year over year team "talent" index its can be off by a country mile.

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
Do I like his calls? No
But at the same time I’m a realist who understands you’re damned if you do this or damned if you don’t do that with this group. I’m glad I’m not Toney rn, even tho his wife is smokin hawt lol

Now, as a person who’s never installed a scheme, please tell us what YOU would do. How would you defend the field with undersized DEs, DTs who you dbl 1 and the other can’t win 1 on 1s, LBs who can’t cover, 1 good corner, the other coming off knee surgery and Safeties who have been inconsistent as long as I remember. 1 more so than the other.

I’m all ears.

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
I’m watching LSU / OM rn. LSU just rushed 3 guys, straight up, nothing fancy.

QB was lucky to get the pass off.
We can’t do that

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I’m watching LSU / OM rn. LSU just rushed 3 guys, straight up, nothing fancy.

QB was lucky to get the pass off.
We can’t do that
I just gave you an example of Cox doing that very thing and would have been a sack had our corner not been playing 15 yards off . We play poor team defense in large part due to Patty four eyes .

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Brian Kelly has LSU 6-2 after that win. Even after he took over a 6-7 team from last year. Thought this was an impossible feat since obviously they have “nO tAlEnT” going off of last years record, amirite?

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
I just gave you an example of Cox doing that very thing and would have been a sack had our corner not been playing 15 yards off . We play poor team defense in large part due to Patty four eyes .
Wow, ONE play
This was a series of plays, LSU rushing 3-4 guys and knocking OM QB around at the point where they pointed out a stat that showed 32 dropbacks, 17 hurries and a sack.
Have you watched a game all season where the announcers were inclined to talk about our passrush due to multiple plays in a row by our DL?

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
Brian Kelly has LSU 6-2 after that win. Even after he took over a 6-7 team from last year. Thought this was an impossible feat since obviously they have “nO tAlEnT” going off of last years record, amirite?
No, very wrong actually. Coach O is a friggan idiot but one thing he did do was recruit top guys for LSU. He was fired for not winning with said talent. On the other hand, we fired Dan because he was running the team into the ground whilst not recruiting top talent. We can look at the signing day threads to verify this.
LSU has NFL level players scattered over the field on both sides of the ball. And I’m talking 1st-4th rounders.

Like Donkey said, this cake has been cooking for years. Now here it is.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
No, very wrong actually. Coach O is a friggan idiot but one thing he did do was recruit top guys for LSU. He was fired for not winning with said talent. On the other hand, we fired Dan because he was running the team into the ground whilst not recruiting top talent. We can look at the signing day threads to verify this.
LSU has NFL level players scattered over the field on both sides of the ball. And I’m talking 1st-4th rounders.

Like Donkey said, this cake has been cooking for years. Now here it is.
10AB8A0F-48E4-44D2-88CC-284CEC156248.png 4E01F959-C295-4461-93B3-B354F0CA54B5.png

Do with this what you may

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator