LB Coach Jay Bateman to A&M as new DC

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Also – speaks highly to his character that he waited until he brought in this great linebacker class before he left.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure how to feel about this one.

LB hasn't been a strength but we did get a couple of good ones this cycle.

I think Graham was going to sign with us regardless.

I hope they find a really good replacement with proven development and FLORIDA recruiting experience.

NEW LB coach, DB coach and DL coach.

I guess we'll find if our DC is good at hiring and team forming.

I like the DB hire. (on paper)

Last edited:

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Bateman knows what is going to happen to him next season, fired. He is smart to take the job. The guy hiring him is an idiot though.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
So, Durkin is out there now without a job.
Eh, Never mind. I would much rather have a damned glorified GA running my defense.

Probably why every coach on that side of the ball with any aspirations at all, is moving along from this damned dumpster fire.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Also – speaks highly to his character that he waited until he brought in this great linebacker class before he left.
I thought if the head coach or the position coach leaves after LOI are signed they can transfer if they want.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I thought if the head coach or the position coach leaves after LOI are signed they can transfer if they want.
Not after a position Coach changes. But technically any player can leave it anytime as long as the school lets them out of the LOI. See Jaden Rashada last year.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Guy gets a promotion and a fresh start of course he is going to leave. Not saying he had much to work with at UF (he did not) but our LB play was poor. Isn't Spikes around (no not endorsing him as LB coach) but he can soothe any disappointment with the LB's while they try to find a competent hire (now that is not something any of us have confidence in).

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
One of the best recruiters in the country and a very good linebacker coach.
This is what everyone said about Raymond when we got him. He was the best recruiter in the country and a damn good DB/CB coach.

How did that work out?

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Not after a position Coach changes. But technically any player can leave it anytime as long as the school lets them out of the LOI. See Jaden Rashada last year.
well, speaks volumes of his character can kinda go both ways on this. Pretty crappy if the players signed thought he would be their coach but maybe (hopefully) they let them know on the downlow and maybe (even more hopefully) they got someone else already lined up that they know about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.