LB Coach Jay Bateman to A&M as new DC

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
1) Earnest Graham is a Gator and will be until the day he dies. His Gator card is made of out fire retardant material. I'm inclined to give his a pass for a lot of things.
The fact this is about Bateman is spin.

I think it was about Signing Day. Why would no calls, no contact, just the dryest experience possible be about Bateman?

He stopped answering on twitter, and I think deleted some, but the initial comments were about Signing Day.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The fact this is about Bateman is spin.

I think it was about Signing Day. Why would no calls, no contact, just the dryest experience possible be about Bateman?

He stopped answering on twitter, and I think deleted some, but the initial comments were about Signing Day.
Was he expecting a parade for him or something?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Was he expecting a parade for him or something?
I think a phone call saying welcome to the Gators would be nice, like everyone else apparently got.

They probably just forgot with all the schiff going on with LJ and all the flips, but surely someone should have been assigned to remember stuff like that and remind Billy at least.

IMO he is the best defensive recruit in the class. I won't be surprised if LJ flops or transfers seeking $20 more.

It's cool. Both Grahams are Gators for life and will be orange and blue long after Billy is Kirby or Saban's next WR coach.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I think a phone call saying welcome to the Gators would be nice, like everyone else apparently got.

They probably just forgot with all the **** going on with LJ and all the flips, but surely someone should have been assigned to remember stuff like that and remind Billy at least.

It's cool. Both Grahams are Gators for life and will be orange and blue long after Billy is Kirby or Saban's next WR coach.
If Earnest really publicly blasted his school over that, he should apologize.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Gamechanger was in charge of phone calls and reach arounds. Apparently stuck on the couch and dropped the ball

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Earnest Graham is a real gator. Unlike this dumbass redneck that will get fired in less than a year. Napier is worse than mcelwain by miles. He's by far the dumbest coach we've ever had here. He's a moron that couldn't coach a high school football team to a winning season. His "process" is a dumpster fire. You're one of his only supporters left. Get off his dick dude. You suck. Ban me. Idc
Season 4 Wow GIF by The Office

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

They probably just forgot with all the schiff going on with LJ and all the flips, but surely someone should have been assigned to remember stuff like that and remind Billy at least.

IMO he is the best defensive recruit in the class. I won't be surprised if LJ flops or transfers seeking $20 more.

I’d think Kirby and Saban will do their best to preach patience for their SEC brethren. I mean, it’s what friends do…

IMG_0275.jpeg

…when your program is a shell of what it once was and………...they're stomping your @ss!

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Someone sent Graham at tweet last night basically accusing him of assuming Napier knew. His response was something along the lines of him not assuming ****, he knows he knew.

99% of the time I agree, you don't tell the kids ****, do whatever it takes to get them to sign. But Ernest Graham and his son are the 1%. They moved to Gainesville a year ago getting ready for college, he wasn't gonna change his decision on where he went to school. It's a terrible look and retarded on sling blades part to put himself in the position to get called out by a gator great like that.
I agree. The graham's were 100% committed . They could have definitely gotten a heads up as a courtesy.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Stadium and gale said this morning that Bateman was offered in the middle of the night and then aTm leaked it. Billy really may have been blindsided.
Lol those boys don't know anything but the shcit they're fed

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Rules of Fight Club should apply in these situations. Having said that, first stop would be at Billy’s office.
Ernest Graham would have bumped all others to front of line to see BN. That is absolutely an earned privilege for Mr. Graham. He should have privately exerted this privilege.

Another reasonable option would be for BN to immediately call this legacy recruit and his dad the second he was informed of the coaches departure. The cold hard truth was BN did not timely inform a key participant of relevant information creating another schit show. There is no excuse for this!

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Sorry but is an endorsement, You own this.

I think it was probably difficult for our position coaches to get their units together under our DC. Napier and Armstrong are not high level SEC OC/DCs and I can see that these guys, with experience under competent program leadership, might have checked out. But, even if they are actually mediocre position coaches, Napier hired them. We are in a weird place. We don't know if our talent is second tier SEC or if Napier just has a terrible eye for... errrthing.
Or both

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.