LB Jeremi Powell Transfers

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Written byNICK DE LA TORRE, JANUARY 5, 2016, 0 COMMENTS,

Florida Gators redshirt junior linebacker Jeremi Powell has decided to end his Florida Gators football career, sources have told Gatorcountry.com. Powell intends on graduating this spring and is looking to move on to the next phase of his life after football. The redshirt junior did not travel with the team to Orlando for the Citrus Bowl.

Powell, a linebacker from Pinellas Park High School, came to Florida in the 2012 recruiting class as a four-star recruit. Even though Powell did not see any game action as a freshman, he was awarded the scout team player of the week five times during the 2012 season.

Powell played in the first seven games of the 2013 season before an injury ended his season during the Missouri game. Powell once again battled an injury in 2014, playing in seven games mainly on special teams. Powell’s role increased this season after Alex Anzalone was lost for the season with a shoulder injury. Powell played in 10 games, totaling 11 tackles and one for a loss in 2015.

"?wmode=transparent" style="max-width: 100%; border: 0px; vertical-align: bottom;">

Powell’s departure leaves the Gators with just Anzalone, Jarrad Davis, Matt Rolin, Daniel McMillian, Rayshad Jackson (a freshman who took a redshirt last season) and early enrollee David Reese at linebacker for spring practice.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
My souses say, friday, Powell went to that "Concussion" movie .

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He was not a huge impact player, but still this is a position that we can ill afford to lose any depth.

Especially considering that of the six players listed:
- 1 is reportedly considering leaving for the NFL
- 2 are seriously injury prone
- 1 is a redshirt freshman
-1 (McMillan) was as highly touted at they come and has shown very little progress in 3 years
- 1 was roaming high school hallways just 2 short weeks ago

I'm going all T-rex on this one... WE'RE SCREWED

Last edited:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Says he graduates and wants to get a jump on "life after football". There's no telling
how much his 2 years' worth of injuries diminished his self-expectations at CFB.??

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
so now we're down to one good LB who thinks he might be draft ready, a bunch of washouts, a redshirt frosh, and an early enrollee. thanks chump. :headslap:

i hope wilson likes the idea of playing early. i hope he likes it ALOT. the other two LB recruits are way undersized at the moment.

2015's OL, meet 2016's linebacker corps.

ppinesgator

Founding Member
aka "Biggums"
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Remember how Randy Shannon, while the head coach at UM, used to recruit dozens of linebackers? He needs to get to it!

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Powell looked like he never broke two bills.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Says he graduates and wants to get a jump on "life after football". There's no telling
how much his 2 years' worth of injuries diminished his self-expectations at CFB.??

The title is misleading. No where does it say that he is transferring.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Sucks that we are losing a player at such an area of need, but obviously his reason to leave is connected to the reason why he didn't come to the bowl game. I wonder how much of this was his decision and how much was Macs.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Sucks that we are losing a player at such an area of need, but obviously his reason to leave is connected to the reason why he didn't come to the bowl game. I wonder how much of this was his decision and how much was Macs.
Making room.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I kinda feel that's what's happening too, but, I sure hope we've got some secret locks coming in to bolster our numbers at LB.
Last year's class wasn't very strong at LB and we needed it to be. I was OK with it because Mac did a helluva job pulling that class together. I also figured we'd load up this go around. If we don't I might have to go all T Rex or Ryan Joseph in here.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Last year's class wasn't very strong at LB and we needed it to be. I was OK with it because Mac did a helluva job pulling that class together. I also figured we'd load up this go around. If we don't I might have to go all T Rex or Ryan Joseph in here.
Never go full T-Rex. One thing is certain, JMac is a far far far better HC than the last guy will ever be. He may not take us to any NC trophies, but there's no way in hell he'll allow our roster to become such a complete disaster again. I feel pretty darn sure of that.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Never go full T-Rex. One thing is certain, JMac is a far far far better HC than the last guy will ever be. He may not take us to any NC trophies, but there's no way in hell he'll allow our roster to become such a complete disaster again. I feel pretty darn sure of that.
I'm a glass is half full guy. I already feel good about the direction of O-line. Fingers crossed for LB's.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
It's just the second act of the play. Kids want to play. They will play here.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
There will be others who are invited to explore other options.

When your DC moves the free safety to MLB instead of playing you, the writing is on the wall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.